Station - As Time Goes On

tts42572

New song out from Station.  Think there is an album on the way too out October 13.  Can check it out at this link or I know it's on Spotify also.

This band has been very hit and miss for me on their last couple albums but I'm liking this tune.  For me they're at their best when they're just doing melodic rockers and not messing around with ballads.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tts42572 said:

a0073603891_16.jpg

New song out from Station.  Think there is an album on the way too but haven't seen details on that yet.  Can check it out at this link or I know it's on Spotify also.

https://stationnyc.bandcamp.com/track/over-over?from=fanpub_fb_trk

This band has been very hit and miss for me on their last couple albums but I'm liking this tune.  For me they're at their best when they're just doing melodic rockers and not messing around with ballads.

I like that. I like the Dokken style riff!!!@

• 2023 Gold Donors

I like it. Definitely more rocking than some of the stuff they releases on their last album. I like these guys and I’m surprised they haven’t gotten with a deal with a label yet.  Good on them though for doing it their way and still putting out music. I have all of their stuff and will keep supporting them.

On 7/2/2023 at 4:22 PM, Captain Holly said:

Lyric video here. The audio is cleaned up a lot in it too. The guitar solo is still too quiet but the song overall sounds much better than the first video. The vocals are a lot louder and much cleaner. Very good song, this one.

Great song!

Reliable band, song-wise. Production / sound quality is always a bit of a question mark, sadly, but their ability to drop a bunch of killer tunes is not something I'd question. Always a handful of gems on their albums. 

• 4 weeks later...

New tune out titled If You Want Me Too...can hear it here.  Also has album details at this link:

https://stationnyc.bandcamp.com/album/and-time-goes-on?from=fanpub_fb

Dig the tune.  For me this one is probably my favorite song I've heard from them maybe since All You Need Is A Heartbeat.  Not sure about the production though...seems a little bit iffy but I only listened on crappy computer speakers.  Still though, I wish these guys would hook up with a Chris Laney or somebody like that to really elevate their sound.  Either way though, good tune and glad it's been two songs without a ballad.  Their last album kind of lost me as it felt like half of it was ballads and for me their best stuff are the melodic rockers.

Edited by tts42572

• 1 month later...

Good tune.  The last single If You Want Me Too is my favorite of the 3 but it's encouraging that all three singles are rocking songs and not ballads.  I don't mind a ballad here and there but just felt like the last album had too many softer moments and it hurt the flow of the album. 

Anyways, sounding pretty good and looking forward to this one.

• tts42572 changed the title to Station - As Time Goes On

New album dropped today...

Not too bad.  Can't say it's better than their first couple albums but liking it more than their last couple albums.

Good to see they got back to rock on the new one and have kept the ballads to a minimum with only the last song being a ballad.

I still feel like some of these songs could maybe be "beefed up" a bit with more production, backing vocals, etc.  But for me it's still pretty decent stuff.

I'd say my highlights are probably If You Want Me Too, Close My Eyes and Around The Sound.

Edited by tts42572

Here is the rest of the album. I like this one much better than Perspective. Mostly rockers on it, but Pat does a great job on the slower song at the end, As Time Goes On. This is one of the much better albums I have heard in the last couple of years. There really is not a bad song on the record, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Around The Sound.

• Like 1

Monday is my new release listening day, where I listen to the new albums of the week. And this was the one that came out on top in today's listening session. 

I actually don't mind a few peaks and troughs on an album... kind of accentuates the highlights, one could argue. There are a few fillers on this one - which are kind of weird. Nice sounding songs, but just no hooks or decent chorus. Almost seems entirely intentional. 

But to combat these, you have the gems like 'Over & Over, 'If You Want Me Too,' 'Locked away' and 'Better off alone,' capped off by the killer 'Close My Eyes' The album could probably use a few more killer cuts, to be fair, but it's pretty decent. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 7:34 AM, Geoff said:

Monday is my new release listening day, where I listen to the new albums of the week. And this was the one that came out on top in today's listening session. 

I actually don't mind a few peaks and troughs on an album... kind of accentuates the highlights, one could argue. There are a few fillers on this one - which are kind of weird. Nice sounding songs, but just no hooks or decent chorus. Almost seems entirely intentional. 

But to combat these, you have the gems like 'Over & Over, 'If You Want Me Too,' 'Locked away' and 'Better off alone,' capped off by the killer 'Close My Eyes' The album could probably use a few more killer cuts, to be fair, but it's pretty decent. 

Agree.

Songs like Touch and No Reason....and probably Something In Between are a few of those troughs for me....Just not much pulling me into those songs in terms of hooks or big, catchy choruses.  It definitely could've used a couple more killer tracks to vault it up a few notches.  

Still enjoying it though and glad they got back to rocking and kept the ballads in check. 

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 4:06 PM, Captain Holly said:

Here is the rest of the album. I like this one much better than Perspective. Mostly rockers on it, but Pat does a great job on the slower song at the end, As Time Goes On. This is one of the much better albums I have heard in the last couple of years. There really is not a bad song on the record, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Around The Sound.

Have to say I'm liking this album more and more with each repeat listen.  Even the songs I was initially lukewarm on have grown on me.

It's kind of a weird one for me.  It doesn't really have a lot of instant, super catchy bangers that jump right out at me.  But there's some excellent musicianship in these songs that is kind of pulling me into them and it's just pretty solid top to bottom.  I do really like some of the backing harmonies they use at times (wish they'd still use more though) and Chris Lane's guitar work is really good.

And yeah, while I've not liked a lot of their ballads on previous albums, I do enjoy As Time Goes On.  I think that works well as an album closer and Pat does sound good on that one.

This is moving right up there among my favorites this year and while it could use a couple more killer tracks, it still might be my favorite release of theirs top to bottom.

Edited by tts42572

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, lettard said:

Yeah for me their best stuff they've done

That's where I'm landing too.

Only song still not really resonating with me is Somewhere In Between...That one kind of doesn't really go anywhere.

Dig all the rest though.

I feel like they stepped it up a notch on this.  The production and overall sound is probably the best they've had IMO too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lettard said:

Yeah for me their best stuff they've done

This