ย 

I like it ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tempt - Burn Me Downย :drink:

ย 

• Like 2

• whiplash1972 changed the title to Tempt - Roses ๐ŸŒน / Burn Me Down

Oh dear, they're really excellent. No word of a lie, 'Burn me down' would sky rocket into the top 10 or even 5 songsย I've heard this year. Superb. Their website said they were meant to release an album in 2022, which I don't think happened? So can we expect an album soon, with these gems on it?ย 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Oh dear, they're really excellent. No word of a lie, 'Burn me down' would sky rocket into the top 10 or even 5 songsย I've heard this year. Superb. Their website said they were meant to release an album in 2022, which I don't think happened? So can we expect an album soon, with these gems on it?ย 

Here ya goโ€ฆย 

https://temptband.bandcamp.com/album/tempt

ย 

IMG_4954.jpeg

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, CMGiordano said:

Not sure how these guys are only just now hitting my radar. They're fantastic! Super excited for the new full-length now!

Last album Runaway wasn't too bad either,which is hard to believe 7 years ago.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I remember checking these guys out back when their first album came out 7 years ago.ย  Thought there were a few decent tunes on it but I guess they fell off my radar after all this time.ย  I remember a couple singlesย  a couple years ago that never really grabbed me much but haven't heard much since.ย  I really didn't even know they were still a band.ย ย 

New songs sounding pretty good though....Golden Tongue has kind of a cool groove to it.

Gonna have to check this album out.

Edited by tts42572

Checking back in....gave the album a listen and digging it.ย ย 

Good stuff and feels like a definite step up from their debut.ย 

Maybe a tiny bit outside my normal comfort zone but maybe thats why I like it.

ย 

ย 

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Checking back in....gave the album a listen and digging it.ย ย 

Good stuff and feels like a definite step up from their debut.ย 

Maybe a tiny bit outside my normal comfort zone but maybe thats why I like it.

ย 

ย 

Is it out already? they haven't sent mine...think they said 27th..then it'll take a few weeks to get to me :(ย 

although on plus side it should be available on my bandcamp order this weekend then :)ย 

4 hours ago, lettard said:

Is it out already? they haven't sent mine...think they said 27th..then it'll take a few weeks to get to me :(ย 

although on plus side it should be available on my bandcamp order this weekend then :)ย 

Yeah, it's on spotify at least.

Easily my surprise of the year so far.ย  I figured I'd give it one listen and be done with it but I've been playing it all day.ย  Just some catchy tunes.ย  I hear touches of Def Leppard in spots on this with some of the riffs, backing vocals, etc.ย  It's kind of like X era Def Leppard though lol.

Either way, nice little change of pace and I think this would be in my top 5 so far this year if I were doing one.

Thanks so much for posting about the new album. We appreciate the support and your comments. We received a rather nice review of the record from Classic Rock as well. We're always happy to talk about music be it here or on any of our other socials. We try to be as responsive as possible.

ย 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, TEMPT said:

Thanks so much for posting about the new album. We appreciate the support and your comments. We received a rather nice review of the record from Classic Rock as well. We're always happy to talk about music be it here or on any of our other socials. We try to be as responsive as possible.

ย 

Well done guys!ย 

The run in the middle of Hideaway, Camouflage and Golden Tongue is where it really takes off for me.

Cheers and wish you guys would hook up with the Station guys again for a couple shows in the NYC or Jersey area!

Edited by tts42572

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Well done guys!ย 

The run in the middle of Hideaway, Camouflage and Golden Tongue is where it really takes off for me.

Cheers and wish you guys would hook up with the Station guys again for a couple shows in the NYC or Jersey area!

Thanks. Hideaway was our late manager, Steve Strange's favorite song and a lot of people really like it. It was also originally going to be one of the singles. In fact, Camo and Hideaway were both going to be. Not sure what happened. LOL.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 9:02 AM, Geoff said:

Album is out...Thoughts?

I suspect if you dig Burn Me Down that you'll likely dig the album.

I've been playing this one repeat the past week or so.ย  There's maybe 1 or two songs that get just a little bit too poppy for me like Girl & Sneakin' Around but for me the rest is basically an excellent blend of a modern/current sound with classic Leppardish sounding guitar riffs/backing vocals, etc.ย  I saw an interview where they said Mutt Lange is a big influence on them and I can see it in these songs.ย  Just lots of Mutt-Like hooks.ย  Stuff like Living Dangerous, Hideaway and Camouflage are good examples of that IMO.ย 

I feel like these guys along with Station are probably two of the best "younger" melodic rock bands going in the US scene.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 12:22 AM, tts42572 said:

Album is out...Thoughts?

I suspect if you dig Burn Me Down that you'll likely dig the album.

I've been playing this one repeat the past week or so.ย  There's maybe 1 or two songs that get just a little bit too poppy for me like Girl & Sneakin' Around but for me the rest is basically an excellent blend of a modern/current sound with classic Leppardish sounding guitar riffs/backing vocals, etc.ย  I saw an interview where they said Mutt Lange is a big influence on them and I can see it in these songs.ย  Just lots of Mutt-Like hooks.ย  Stuff like Living Dangerous, Hideaway and Camouflage are good examples of that IMO.ย 

I feel like these guys along with Station are probably two of the best "younger" melodic rock bands going in the US scene.

Yeah, really good album. Not personally mad about the first two songs, but after that there's some awesome stuff on here. I definitely hear the Def Leppard / Mutt Lange influence and I know it's not popular with everyone, but it still makes such a difference for me when something sounds a million bucks. Obviously means nothing without good songs, but when you get great songs (like you do here) mixed with a production job that could easily sit alongside any major label release today, you know you're on a winner. And these guys have a sweet original streak to them too. No way do they play it by the numbers, and in this case it really pays off for them, imo.ย 

Lots of great tunes, but 'Burn me down' is my favourite on here. 'Hideaway,' 'Camouflage' and 'Roses' would round out my top 4, but there's plenty other really good tunes here too, such as the last two. Definitely well worth a spin for sure, and should rate pretty high for me this year.ย 

• Like 2

Thanks again. We were very fortunate to be able to work on the record with 5X Grammy winner Chris Lord-Alge. We've already written the next record and have started recording with him. This is the studio and Chris playing back an amazing Green Day Mix.ย 

ย 

• Like 4

Haven't heard this yet , they sent mine that I preordered from bandcamp and it could be 10th Oct before I get it here in Sunny 'ol Norn Iron :(ย ah well...hopefully worth the wait...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Video for โ€œ Two Waysโ€

One of my faves from the album ๐Ÿค˜

• Like 1