• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Stefan said:

image.png.0ba9849e98e754bbb076fcdb38852235.png

'Two Shots At Glory' out February 6th.

Young Guns!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gave this a listen and sounds pretty good.

While I haven't been all that interested in this being a compilation album, this has a couple new songs and many of the other ones here are kind of lesser known songs in that they were bonus tracks, one off singles or whatever.  And some are from Riot Avenue which I never paid much attention to anyhow.

Either way, I guess this comes at a nice time being there's been very little of interest to me so far this year so I'll probably listen to this more than I might've otherwise.  The new songs sound pretty decent and some of the older songs sounded a bit freshened up to me on first listen and almost feel new since I never listened to most of those older songs much to begin with.

Wish it were a full, new album though.  They could've ran with the whole Young Guns/Western theme thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite sure about this one. The new (?) songs are good and the re-works of the 'Riot Avenue' songs do sound better than the originals (there is a but coming). 'Sword And Stone' is okay but should have been left in Bonfire's very capable hands. This version pales significantly compared to that one. 

Anyway, I guess the idea of the re-recordings is decent here. For the most part the production sounds better, but, there's a problem. And without being a sound guru, I'm not sure exactly what it is. There is what I believe is an issue with the treble area in the final sound, most noticeable in the first song. I don't know the exact way to explain this stuff, but the best way to describe it is that it sounds like a well produced album, at a really low bitrate. Instead of 320kbps it just sounds like it's coming through the speakers at 64kbps... even at a high bitrate. Irritating and something I can't shake, but there's good bits to it too.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Not quite sure about this one. The new (?) songs are good and the re-works of the 'Riot Avenue' songs do sound better than the originals (there is a but coming). 'Sword And Stone' is okay but should have been left in Bonfire's very capable hands. This version pales significantly compared to that one. 

Anyway, I guess the idea of the re-recordings is decent here. For the most part the production sounds better, but, there's a problem. And without being a sound guru, I'm not sure exactly what it is. There is what I believe is an issue with the treble area in the final sound, most noticeable in the first song. I don't know the exact way to explain this stuff, but the best way to describe it is that it sounds like a well produced album, at a really low bitrate. Instead of 320kbps it just sounds like it's coming through the speakers at 64kbps... even at a high bitrate. Irritating and something I can't shake, but there's good bits to it too.    

Agree on the production....Thought the same myself.  Like you say, hard to explain.  Just a little thin or something in spots.

I do like the 2 new tunes though.  And Fire It Up seems to have quite a bit more life to it to my ears.  

The 2nd half of the album isn't doing much for me with some of the song choices there but decent filler album nonetheless I guess.

• 3 weeks later...