Crazy Lixx re-sign with Frontiers and new "compilation" album out this year

Captain Howdy

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce that they have extended their relationship with Swedish hard rockers Crazy Lixx for the release of more new studio albums, a renewal of the license for their catalog releases, and a special upcoming release, the first to be released under the new agreement, featuring remixes, re-records, and unreleased/new songs that will be out before the year's end. Further details on that release will be forthcoming.
Additionally, the band has announced upcoming tour dates with the legendary W.A.S.P. Nation (Official) in Europe. Dates are as follows:
April 08 - Hamburg -
April 09 - Copenhagen - *
April 11 - Malmo - *
April 13 - Tampere - *
April 14 - Helsinki - *
April 15 - Oulu - *
April 16 - Umea - *
April 18 - Sundsvall - *
April 19 - Gavle - *
April 20 - Eskilstuna - *
April 21 - Karlstad - *
* Supporting W.A.S.P.
"I'm really happy to have reached a new deal with Frontiers Music, whom Crazy Lixx have worked with for nearly 15 years, releasing six studio albums and one live album to this day. Leading up to this new record deal we've talked a lot about the ever changing music business and the place for rock music (and naturally Crazy Lixx) in it and I now feel confident that we are all on the same page and have the motivation, drive and willingness to try new things in order to reach the next level in the years to come. Work has already started on the coming releases and I can't wait to tell our listeners about it," says Crazy Lixx vocalist Danny Rexon.
"We've had a long working relationship with Danny Rexon and Crazy Lixx over the years and I consider them one of the truly great acts on the Frontiers' roster. Danny's passion and creativity and great production work, also with Chez Kane, and songwriting are an honor to have in our family! Danny's also got an insightful mind for the business and is a great and welcome collaborator for how we can continue to creatively promote Crazy Lixx in the ever-changing world of the music industry. Long live Crazy Lixx and long live ROCK," adds Serafino Perugino, President and Head of A&R, Frontiers Records.
With millions of streams across digital platforms and millions upon millions of video views on YouTube, album after album, Swedish hard rockers Crazy Lixx have continuously carved in stone their reputation as true leaders of the Scandinavian led ‘80s hard rock revival. With views in the millions for popular videos like “Wild Child” and “Hunter of the Heart” on Youtube, outstanding streaming numbers for tracks like “Blame It On Love”, "Hell Raising Women”, and “XIII”, and "Wild Child" being featured in the Nicolas Cage horror movie “Willy’s Wonderland,” Crazy Lixx are steadily continuing on their march for world domination.
LINE-UP:
Danny Rexon - Vocals
Jens Anderson - Bass
Joél Cirera - Drums
Chrisse Olsson - Guitar
Jens Lundgren - Guitar
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Good news.  

However, can't say I'm very interested in an album of re-mixes and re-records.  It does mention some unreleased/new material though so that could make it a bit more interesting.

Depending on how they are done it's a good idea and better than the old school cash grab that is a best of/greatest hits.

• My Little Pony
18 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

"Leading up to this new record deal we've talked a lot about the ever changing music business and the place for rock music (and naturally Crazy Lixx) in it and I now feel confident that we are all on the same page"

Was there some uncertainty before? I'm wondering if Frontiers is becoming difficult to work with. Or was he referring to his bandmates?

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Was there some uncertainty before? I'm wondering if Frontiers is becoming difficult to work with. Or was he referring to his bandmates?

I don't know what the issues were but have heard rumours of Frontiers sometimes being a bit controlling, or at least trying to be. I think someone mentioned it when Shiraz Lane left them.

There is no doubting that Frontiers are the market leader in our genre, so maybe they think they have more bargaining power than they actually do. What is good though, is it appears Crazy Lixx owns the rights to their albums and Frontiers only has the licence to release them, so if CL do ever leave they can either look for a new label or re-release them themselves.

I do seem to remember not long ago Danny seemingly took a shot at Frontiers when he made some kind of comment when talking about Japanese bonus tracks, and said something like "Proper bonus tracks" which I took as mocking Frontiers recent habit of sticking acoustic or piano versions of songs already on their albums on the Jap releases.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I don't know what the issues were but have heard rumours of Frontiers sometimes being a bit controlling, or at least trying to be. I think someone mentioned it when Shiraz Lane left them.

There is no doubting that Frontiers are the market leader in our genre, so maybe they think they have more bargaining power than they actually do. What is good though, is it appears Crazy Lixx owns the rights to their albums and Frontiers only has the licence to release them, so if CL do ever leave they can either look for a new label or re-release them themselves.

I do seem to remember not long ago Danny seemingly took a shot at Frontiers when he made some kind of comment when talking about Japanese bonus tracks, and said something like "Proper bonus tracks" which I took as mocking Frontiers recent habit of sticking acoustic or piano versions of songs already on their albums on the Jap releases.

Yeah, ok, all of that makes sense. I didn't realise Shiraz Lane left them. 

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, ok, all of that makes sense. I didn't realise Shiraz Lane left them. 

They have released their last album and the EP before that on the Ranka Kustannus label which I believe is a Finnish label.

Edited by Captain Howdy

• 5 months later...
  • My Little Pony
25 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

First single from this compilation drops on Monday next week. A re-record of Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

Also news of the album release due the same day.

Then would it be right to assume the whole album is re-recorded tunes?

On 3/30/2023 at 12:33 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Frontiers have ALWAYS been difficult to deal with. I know for a fact most artists put up with them due to lack of alternative and the fact they have very good distribution.

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Then would it be right to assume the whole album is re-recorded tunes?

They said in the initial blurb that some re-records, some remixes and some previously unreleased.

2 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Frontiers have ALWAYS been difficult to deal with. I know for a fact most artists put up with them due to lack of alternative and the fact they have very good distribution.

I was talking to an artist several years ago about UK distribution (established 80s musician) and had they considered Frontiers. They out and out refused to deal with them as apparently they had spoken to them before and the  deal they were offered was awful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I was talking to an artist several years ago about UK distribution (established 80s musician) and had they considered Frontiers. They out and out refused to deal with them as apparently they had spoken to them before and the  deal they were offered was awful.

I believe I heard Rob Wylde say in an interview that Frontier's offered Midnite City a deal but they decided to go with Pride & Joy instead.  I kind of thought it was a little curious to turn down as it seems Frontiers has way better distribution for those Euro bands here in the USA IMO but surely there were other reasons behind the decision. 

I always found it curious that Shiraz Lane left Frontiers too.  Those guys seemed to be an ascending band and did an amazing album with Carnival Days.  Then they left and have kind of drifted back in the shadows after getting with Euro labels that haven't seemed to do them many favors.

It's got to be tough out there and like Andrew said, I'm sure many artists just deal with it because they are one of the biggest names in the game for this melodic rock/hard rock genre these days.  Frontiers certainly could do a much better job though and their marketing efforts/presence have clearly seemed to diminish in the past couple years.  Bands probably figure that since they need to do all their promotion themselves anyways that they just want to find the cheapest distribution they can find.

It has to be a tough balancing act though.  I mean, clearly physical products aren't in the demand they used to be.  But by the same token, you need to be able to get stuff to the people that do still want it in a timely fashion and for reasonable costs.  I personally don't want to be ordering stuff from Europe all the time and having it take 2 weeks to get to me while having to pay more in shipping than the item costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I believe I heard Rob Wylde say in an interview that Frontier's offered Midnite City a deal but they decided to go with Pride & Joy instead.  I kind of thought it was a little curious to turn down as it seems Frontiers has way better distribution for those Euro bands here in the USA IMO but surely there were other reasons behind the decision. 

I always found it curious that Shiraz Lane left Frontiers too.  Those guys seemed to be an ascending band and did an amazing album with Carnival Days.  Then they left and have kind of drifted back in the shadows after getting with Euro labels that haven't seemed to do them many favors.

It's got to be tough out there and like Andrew said, I'm sure many artists just deal with it because they are one of the biggest names in the game for this melodic rock/hard rock genre these days.  Frontiers certainly could do a much better job though and their marketing efforts/presence have clearly seemed to diminish in the past couple years.  Bands probably figure that since they need to do all their promotion themselves anyways that they just want to find the cheapest distribution they can find.

It has to be a tough balancing act though.  I mean, clearly physical products aren't in the demand they used to be.  But by the same token, you need to be able to get stuff to the people that do still want it in a timely fashion and for reasonable costs.  I personally don't want to be ordering stuff from Europe all the time and having it take 2 weeks to get to me while having to pay more in shipping than the item costs.

I will have to ask Rob why he didn't sign with Frontiers as I chat with him quite often. Will be interesting to get his take on them. As I say, from rumours I have heard over the last few years there is defo a certain way they do things that puts some people off of going with them. While I am sure worldwide distribution is great, if it cuts into your profit margins in a massive way, being with a bigger label might actually hurt more than it helps.

I have said it many times before, but Frontiers has been getting worse in recent years. Not only are their prices often more than a lot of labels, but the sheer laziness in their bonus tracks on Jap imports sticks out like a sore thumb. You cannot blame the artists for choosing poor bonus tracks when every single artist on Frontiers now does it. And as you mentioned Midnite City, just look at their recent Jap release. A proper exclusive track. Not an acoustic, live or piano version.

I just get the feeling Frontiers has grown to the point that it is now no longer an indy label in the traditional sense and has become a not so nice place to be.

As for postage, do not even start me on that subject considering how much the US charges for postage and has a delivery time that the average snail could beat. I can order from Japan, pay slightly less in postage and get items within 3 to 5 days, and Japan is about 4000 miles further away than the US. A lot of sites are no longer giving us the choice of choosing to not pay duty and are including it in the postage costs, which is a shitter as in all the years I have been buying internationally (outside Europe that is), I have only been stung by customs a handful of times so was worth the risk of not paying in advance.

• Like 2

• My Little Pony
12 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

They said in the initial blurb that some re-records, some remixes and some previously unreleased.

Yeah, I realised after I posted all I had to do was scroll up. Heh. 

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

As for postage, do not even start me on that subject considering how much the US charges for postage and has a delivery time that the average snail could beat. I can order from Japan, pay slightly less in postage and get items within 3 to 5 days, and Japan is about 4000 miles further away than the US.

Speaking of postage from Japan, I'm wanting to purchase the ModX album from CDJapan, and the basic airmail is unavailable. Is there a situation I'm not aware of? All the other shipping options are 3x more. Or is there another Japanese retailer I should be looking at?

8 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Speaking of postage from Japan, I'm wanting to purchase the ModX album from CDJapan, and the basic airmail is unavailable. Is there a situation I'm not aware of? All the other shipping options are 3x more. Or is there another Japanese retailer I should be looking at?

Apparently the standard postal service still has not fully recovered from Covid.

On my most recent order from them the DHL shipping only cost £15 and was with me within 3 to 5 days. From USA I ordered a CD and that was £21 shipping with delivery of several weeks.  Even the more expensive shipping options from Japan are more reasonable in my experience.

I think shipping from Amazon Japan is about the same costs as well

• My Little Pony
10 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Apparently the standard postal service still has not fully recovered from Covid.

On my most recent order from them the DHL shipping only cost £15 and was with me within 3 to 5 days. From USA I ordered a CD and that was £21 shipping with delivery of several weeks.  Even the more expensive shipping options from Japan are more reasonable in my experience.

I think shipping from Amazon Japan is about the same costs as well

Okay. Thanks. I did not know that. DHL is gonna cost me 26CAD. I'll either check Amazon, or maybe grab a few albums to make it worth the shipping. 

12 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Okay. Thanks. I did not know that. DHL is gonna cost me 26CAD. I'll either check Amazon, or maybe grab a few albums to make it worth the shipping. 

I know its different economies between Canada and UK, but considering how much postage is from US and how much most European countries wanna charge these days, I would take 26CAD all day. I just got two CDs from USA this morning and they cost me $44CAD in postage. The CDs cost $44CAD as well, so $88CAD in total.

Edited by Captain Howdy