First Signal - Face Your Fears

Stefan

• My Little Pony
On 1/16/2023 at 10:02 AM, Eric3 said:

Holy shit! I was not expecting that. It's rare to hear Harry sing something that rocks that hard these days.

...oh, it's not co-written by ADV. 

:lol:

It's a co-write between Jane Gould and Kristian Fyhr. Kristian is from Seventh Crystal. I noticed he also co-wrote the new Khymera single. I wonder if he's a new addition to the songwriting team, or if it's only coincidence. But I hope Frontiers has heard our cries, and decided to switch up the formula a bit. 

• 4 weeks later...

Oooh, I should have posted this in unpopular decisions.

I did say 'tgese days'obviously some HS albums are legendary and amazing, but if I could only buy one album of HS or FS that was being released on the same day, if go got FS.

the debut First Signal is on par with HS, great album that.

everything after has been fairly forgettable though.

Spinning the new one over the weekend, samples sounded more promising 

• My Little Pony
3 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I did say 'tgese days'obviously some HS albums are legendary and amazing, but if I could only buy one album of HS or FS that was being released on the same day, if go got FS.

I noticed the "these days" and I still disagree. First Signal have one truly great album. And it was their first. So First Signal, these days, pale in comparison to Harem Scarem, these days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

something weird happened with your autocorrect I think.

Imma gonna throw in my own unpopular note in this thread. I'm not all that fussed over the debut First Signal album, mega over rated imo.  I would take every Harem Scarem album over every First Signal album.  United and Change The World in particular are just on another level.  I would also take the two Hess albums as well over any First Signal album. 

Edited by tobi is an animal

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, tobi is an animal said:

Pretty sure he meant "I'd go for FS."

• My Little Pony
9 minutes ago, tobi is an animal said:
Well, I knew what he meant
But just to be funny, I took a big bite out of his jugular vein

That was a huge bite. 

First listen all the way through and yeah this is WAY better than the last two, maybe last three First Signal albums. I love how they brought back the grittier production of the debut, even though I'm pretty sure Dennis Ward isn't on the project this time. Better guitars, more imaginative percussion, and just ROCKS where the previous efforts plod.

Looks like a diverse songwriting team, too. Jani Limatainen (Sonata Arctica, Cain's Offering) on this one.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:

Imma gonna throw in my own unpopular note in this thread. I'm not all that fussed over the debut First Signal album, mega over rated imo.  I would take every Harem Scarem album over every First Signal album.  United and Change The World in particular are just on another level.  I would also take the two Hess albums as well over any First Signal album. 

stuff on that debut is pretty killer imo, songs like Yesterday's Rain and Naked Desire are on a par with HS imo. 

• Like 1

There's only one song on here that I don't like and that's In The Name of Love. The rest is really solid stuff, great dynamics throughout and just rocks harder than anything since the debut album. This album is not as strong but it's comfortably ahead of everything released under this project since then.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2023 at 1:22 PM, Eric3 said:

There's only one song on here that I don't like and that's In The Name of Love. The rest is really solid stuff, great dynamics throughout and just rocks harder than anything since the debut album. This album is not as strong but it's comfortably ahead of everything released under this project since then.

Agree

• Like 3

excellent (Harem Scarem level)

very good
When You Believe
This City

good
Goodbye To The Good Time
Feels Like Love This Time
Crazy
Still Pretending
Last Of My Broken Hearts
Need You Now
The End Of The World
Falling
Walk Through The Fire

ok
Into The Night
Yesterdays Rain
Tonight We Are The Only
Pedestal
Minute Of Your Time
Here With You
She Is Getting Away
Face Your Fears
The Hurting One
Angel With A Rose
One Step Over The Line
Weigh Me In
Love Gets Through
Line Of Fire
Never Look Back
Born To Be A Rebel
Rain For Your Roses
Unbreakable 
A Million Miles
Love Run Free
Never Be Silenced
Dominoes
Shoot The Bullet 
Part Of Me
Naked Desire
First Signal
In The Name Of Love
When November Falls 

not good  
Situation Critical
Never Gonna Let You Go
Always Be There
Mystery
Got To Believe
One More Time
Irreplaceable
I Don’t Wanna Feel The Night Is Over 
Not This Time  
Closer To The Edge
Broken
Don’t Look Away
Show Me The Way
Don’t Let It End

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:

excellent (Harem Scarem level)

very good
When You Believe
This City

good
Goodbye To The Good Time
Feels Like Love This Time
Crazy
Still Pretending
Last Of My Broken Hearts
Need You Now
The End Of The World
Falling
Walk Through The Fire

ok
Into The Night
Yesterdays Rain
Tonight We Are The Only
Pedestal
Minute Of Your Time
Here With You
She Is Getting Away
Face Your Fears
The Hurting One
Angel With A Rose
One Step Over The Line
Weigh Me In
Love Gets Through
Line Of Fire
Never Look Back
Born To Be A Rebel
Rain For Your Roses
Unbreakable 
A Million Miles
Love Run Free
Never Be Silenced
Dominoes
Shoot The Bullet 
Part Of Me
Naked Desire
First Signal
In The Name Of Love
When November Falls 

not good  
Situation Critical
Never Gonna Let You Go
Always Be There
Mystery
Got To Believe
One More Time
Irreplaceable
I Don’t Wanna Feel The Night Is Over 
Not This Time  
Closer To The Edge
Broken
Don’t Look Away
Show Me The Way
Don’t Let It End

if you don't like First Signal don't listen to them 🤣🤣🤣

Born to be a Rebel is a HS cover by the way ;) (albeit demo)

On 2/18/2023 at 4:21 AM, Eric3 said:

First listen all the way through and yeah this is WAY better than the last two, maybe last three First Signal albums. I love how they brought back the grittier production of the debut, even though I'm pretty sure Dennis Ward isn't on the project this time. Better guitars, more imaginative percussion, and just ROCKS where the previous efforts plod.

Looks like a diverse songwriting team, too. Jani Limatainen (Sonata Arctica, Cain's Offering) on this one.

I wish Dennis Ward was involved. Unlike the debut, the production is very poor and makes the album a chore to listen to imo. 

15 minutes ago, Glen said:

if you don't like First Signal don't listen to them 🤣🤣🤣

Born to be a Rebel is a HS cover by the way ;) (albeit demo)

I don't listen to this project much.  I love Harry's vocals so I gave this new one a handful of spins; and then it was back to Harem Scarem.  Born To Be A Rebel had potential but I found the chorus to be just okay and I can see why it never made a Harem Scarem album.