Stefan

6 hours ago, Jez said:

Their first album was far from average. Looking forward to this one

Agree

• 1 month later...

image.png.13990ae1e87f5628248b90d9f15f95f3.png

New video for 'Fire In My Eyes'.

Press release:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to present the sophomore album, "Unity" from Swedish melodic rockers Arctic Rain on January 27, 2023. 

With new keyboardist Kaspar Dahlqvist and drummer Richard Tonyson in the fold, "Unity" sees Arctic Rain building upon and surpassing their musical goals they aimed for on their debut album, "The One". Bigger, bolder songs with a more rockin' edge, but still very much melodic rock, "Unity" will positively thrill fans of the band's debut and be a welcome introduction to new listeners. 

Magnus Berglund's tasteful, inspired guitar playing and Tobias Jonsson’s amazing voice create an outstanding bedrock for Arctic Rain, which is truly complimented by bassist Gert Daun and Richard's propulsive rhythm section and Kaspar's tasteful keyboard playing. Arctic Rain is yet another shining example that Sweden is truly the golden land of melodic rock.

Arctic Rain started as a collaboration between songwriter/keyboardist Pete Alpenborg, guitarist Magnus Berglund, and singer Tobias Jonsson. Later on, bassist Gert Daun and drummer Jonas Jönsson joined forces with Arctic Rain for the recording of their debut album, ‘The One’. The aim for the band was to write songs with strong melodic rock vibes based around the type of tasteful instrumental harmonies typical for a lot of bands in the '80s and '90s. A revival of sorts, but with a modern touch, both melodically and for the overall sound. And with that target in mind, yes, they most certainly hit the bullseye on their debut album!

Tracklisting:
1. One World
2. Unity
3. Fire In My Eyes
4. Peace Of Mind
5. Laughing In The Rain
6. Believe
7. Out Of Time
8. Kings Of The Radio
9. When We Were Young
10. Time For A Miracle
11. The Road Goes On

Line-Up:
Tobias Jonsson - Vocals
Magnus Berglund - Guitars
Kaspar Dahlqvist - Keyboards
Gert Daun - Bass
Richard Tonyson - Drums

Edited by Stefan

Sounds pretty good but I'm not sure I'm overly excited about the song or this release.  I liked their debut when it dropped but honestly I never have any desire to go back to it now and guess it just didn't age very well for me....not really sure why but  I think I only have maybe 1 or 2 songs from it in my main playlist. 

Still will keep eyes on this though and probably give it a listen when it drops.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...