LeBrock - Running Wild (New Single)

Mr.AOR

Love these guys. In my opinion, they are more of hard/melodic rock than synthwave. Plenty of guitar riffs and solos. Another killer track, my fave song so far this year. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ponen said:

Love these guys. In my opinion, they are more of hard/melodic rock than synthwave. Plenty of guitar riffs and solos. Another killer track, my fave song so far this year. 

Yeah, I'd have to agree. And I'd put Magic Dance with these guys too - I don't really think either are "synthwave" more than they're just pure melodic rock artists. Definitely a lot more guitar and shall we say "oomph," compared to a typical synthwave artist... whom I also love. But I don't think they're the same thing either.  

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 6:37 AM, Geoff said:

Yeah, I'd have to agree. And I'd put Magic Dance with these guys too - I don't really think either are "synthwave" more than they're just pure melodic rock artists. Definitely a lot more guitar and shall we say "oomph," compared to a typical synthwave artist... whom I also love. But I don't think they're the same thing either.  

Both of them have taken more of a rock direction. LeBrock's first two EPs had lots of synthwave in them and Magic Dance was pure synthwave/retrowave when it first started.

IMO, LeBrock has gotten better while Magic Dance has gotten worse, but I still like Magic Dance.

• Like 1