Baseball 2022

nyoilers

BTW, did everyone know that Nolan Arenado and Matt Chapman were on the same baseball team at El Toro High School in California? Matt was a year younger, the 2 best 3rd Basemen in the MLB were on the same fucking high school team, JESUS!

Speaking of Nolan, a Rockies fan, still upset they let him go, and now Trevor Story to the Red Sox. My Rocks, they love being basement dwellers. Oh well, "beautiful sunsets and Coors beer"....what their ownership want fans to remember. :doh:

8 hours ago, Doug said:

Speaking of Nolan, a Rockies fan, still upset they let him go, and now Trevor Story to the Red Sox. My Rocks, they love being basement dwellers. Oh well, "beautiful sunsets and Coors beer"....what their ownership want fans to remember. :doh:

Like I said, I root for them, we are in their market, so every game comes on, they really don't market SLC at all, it kind of blow my mind, they market Wyoming and New Mexico, the south part of Montana, where the Mariners aren't really big, they suffer from much the same thing the A's do, owners who would rather try and save a buck then win, so I was like noooo, not 2 teams, fuck that, they are all hyped up cause the signed Kris Bryant, for something like 4 million more then they would've had to pay Arenedo, I haven't watched them at all the last year or so, I was surprised to see Blackmon stuck around, I was expecting to see like Drew Stubbs or Jason Giambi back on the team,

Edited by Leykis101

On 3/17/2022 at 8:05 AM, Dead Planet said:

A big thank you to the As for giving my Jays third basemen....first Josh Donaldson a few years ago and now Matt Chapman....:lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Fucking one of a kind, hold up dude you should watch his bio, bro his fucking history from the day he was born is fucking INSANE!!

Bro watch this shit, this is nuts

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Once the losses pile up a week or two into the season, the Orioles will already be out of it and my interest will be zero. 

At least they changed the schedule so that the Orioles won't be playing the Yankees, Red Sox , Jays and Rays as often.....

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Doug said:

And my Colorado Rockies are in last place, like usual. At least we had great seats vs KC Royals. And we actually won this game, woo-hoo!

image.png.ac966e398540d5a6c6b5d4b51c857fa4.png

Bro, having been watching like a hawk, and catching a rainout then a double header last week against the Mets when I came through Denver, I think the Rox may have a special player on their hands, I saw him play for the Giants and just remembered he had a stupid last name, but Connor Joe is someone to watch bro.

10 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Bro, having been watching like a hawk, and catching a rainout then a double header last week against the Mets when I came through Denver, I think the Rox may have a special player on their hands, I saw him play for the Giants and just remembered he had a stupid last name, but Connor Joe is someone to watch bro.

Oh yeah, we love Connor Joe!! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 7:03 PM, Leykis101 said:

I cant post pictures anymore, fucking frustrating, I had a killer pic of some KY Jelly ready to match your crisco, and some trojans. maybe a pic of some cigarettes, like Eric Cartman says, I like a smoke after I get FUCKED IM THE ASS BY THE MLB! It really makes me a little depressed, I love going to games

If the photo has a URL, you can post it that way. Click "other media" at the bottom right and insert URL.

Orioles owners feuding. One brother suing his brother and mother. But a dysfunctional bunch of twats. I wish they would sell. Worst ownership group in sports history. Took a perennial winner and reduced them to last place losers. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, the way they limped into the post season (Milwaukee had that last playoff spot for the taking), I did NOT see this coming.

They weren't favored to beat St. Louis. Phillies won 2-0.

They sure has hell weren't favored to beat Atlanta. Phillies won 3-1.

They weren't favored to beat San Diego. Phillies won 4-1.

They'll be underdogs against Houston, who's undefeated thus far in the post season.

NL #6 seed against AL #1 seed and the overall favorite to win for most of the season.

I watched the Phillies win The World Series in 1980, lose in 1983, lose in 1993 (that one still burns), win in 2008, lose in 2009, and now this one.

8 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Yeah, the way they limped into the post season (Milwaukee had that last playoff spot for the taking), I did NOT see this coming.

They weren't favored to beat St. Louis. Phillies won 2-0.

They sure has hell weren't favored to beat Atlanta. Phillies won 3-1.

They weren't favored to beat San Diego. Phillies won 4-1.

They'll be underdogs against Houston, who's undefeated thus far in the post season.

NL #6 seed against AL #1 seed and the overall favorite to win for most of the season.

I watched the Phillies win The World Series in 1980, lose in 1983, lose in 1993 (that one still burns), win in 2008, lose in 2009, and now this one.

I hope the Phillies win since the Astros don't deserve to win another World Series......ever....

• 4 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

This has gotta hurt our U.S. friends.

I plonked it here because it was the most recent baseball thread I could find. 

"America's Game" is now "Japan's Game" I guess.  

BTW, the second pitch is unbelievable, it looks like CGI.

6 hours ago, Darkstone said:

This has gotta hurt our U.S. friends.

I plonked it here because it was the most recent baseball thread I could find. 

"America's Game" is now "Japan's Game" I guess.  

BTW, the second pitch is unbelievable, it looks like CGI.

Ohtani is amazing....no doubt.  He's easily the most enjoyable guy to watch play today IMO and Japan deserved the victory.

But the US roster left a lot to be desired and wasn't the best lineup the US could've put on the field.   Basically, Japan lives for this sort of thing but I don't think most in the US even care which is why many of the best players opt out.

The final game wasn't even broadcast on a major TV network here which basically illustrates the point.  I had to search around my TV listings to eventually find it buried way down on some FS1 channel I hardly ever watch lol.

Not trying to diminish Japans well deserved accomplishment.  Just stating that I don't think this event is a very big deal in the US.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 2