Midnite City Two new songs coming up

Captain Holly

From the Midnite City Facebook page today..

"*NEW VIDEO THIS FRIDAY*

'Rock And A Hard Place' officially hits your screens in 4 days time!
This is one of the two BRAND NEW songs we recorded especially for the 2022 CD reissues of our self titled 2017 debut and 2018's 'There Goes The Neighbourhood'.
Both CD's will be available to buy on our upcoming tour and direct from the band after the tour ends."

I hope both are absolute killers.

C.H.

May be an image of text that says 'ROCK AND A HARD PLACE Midnite inmumnmamo Midnite FRIDAY FEBRUARY 4TH'
  • Like 3

Nice...but if I have to buy two albums that I already have to get two new songs i'll pass :(  but nice news from em all the same, such a good band,never let me down.

Edited by lettard

6 hours ago, lettard said:

Nice...but if I have to buy two albums that I already have to get two new songs i'll pass :(  but nice news from em all the same, such a good band,never let me down.

From what I understand both albums have two extra tracks each. The original Japanese bonus track and a newly recorded song.

Certainly not enough to justify buying both albums again for me, but if they make them available digitally through the usual places, I would probably just download those individual songs.

• Like 2

Another excellent tune!  

I'll probably get suckered into buying the re-issues and maybe will just sell my original CD's on ebay or something.

Have to say though it's a little disappointing the new song isn't on spotify.  I get why it isn't to push sales of the re-issues, but I really don't listen to CD's much anymore.  Shame to have a good tune that I probably won't listen to much.

8 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Another excellent tune!  

I'll probably get suckered into buying the re-issues and maybe will just sell my original CD's on ebay or something.

Have to say though it's a little disappointing the new song isn't on spotify.  I get why it isn't to push sales of the re-issues, but I really don't listen to CD's much anymore.  Shame to have a good tune that I probably won't listen to much.

I see the two Jap bonus tracks are downloadable on Amazon UK at the moment, so maybe the new tracks will become available digitally later.

As for Spotify, with the tiny amount they pay artists I am not surprised they are withholding them from there.

It is a great song, seems to be in the same vein as the songs on the debut album. Makes me wonder if they wrote this one back then but the song did not get on the album for some reason. Some of the lyrics really seem similar to Ghosts Of My Old Friends. Miles plays a great solo but it is short and sweet like on a lot of the first album. I hope the other new song they release is as good as this one.

C.H.

9 minutes ago, Captain Holly said:

It is a great song, seems to be in the same vein as the songs on the debut album. Makes me wonder if they wrote this one back then but the song did not get on the album for some reason. Some of the lyrics really seem similar to Ghosts Of My Old Friends. Miles plays a great solo but it is short and sweet like on a lot of the first album. I hope the other new song they release is as good as this one.

C.H.

I think I heard Rob Wylde say that both songs were newly written and recorded.  Don't quote me on that though ;)

I know he also said they debated if they should save these songs for their next album as opposed to using them as bonus tracks in this fashion but they wanted to give people a little extra incentive to buy these re-issues.

Either way, agree that it does fit in well with the rest of the songs on the debut.  

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Fucking two songs a year early?
Nope, I'll wait for the albuma nd listen then.

These will only be on the re-issues. They won't be on the new album.

Edited by AlphaMale

• 4 weeks later...

How is the other new song??

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

This Time Around is very good.  Kind of a ballad/mid-tempoish song sort of like You Don't Understand Me.

Thanks man

2 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Thanks man

If anyone wants to share these, I wouldn't mind!

• 4 months later...

From FaceBook

299945515_1391892691298841_7921238161366

·
❌️ IT'S OFFICIAL! ❌️
We have now started work on what will become our fourth album which will be coming your way in 2023. The songs are written and the work has begun. As with our previous albums, it's never a quick process. We have a long journey ahead of us, but the work starts now! Look out for lots of studio updates
Edited by Captain Howdy
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  ·

*ANNOUNCEMENT*
We are sorry to announce that we have parted company with our drummer Pete Newdeck.
This was an amicable and mutual decision from both sides and we all still remain best of friends.
We'd like to thank Pete for all his hard work, 5 incredible years together, and wish him nothing but the very best for the future!
The awesome Ryan Briggs from Atlas will be playing our final 2 shows of the year with us, following which, we will recommence work on our fourth album which will be out next year, alongside the announcement of our new permanent drummer.

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:
  ·

*ANNOUNCEMENT*
We are sorry to announce that we have parted company with our drummer Pete Newdeck.
This was an amicable and mutual decision from both sides and we all still remain best of friends.
We'd like to thank Pete for all his hard work, 5 incredible years together, and wish him nothing but the very best for the future!
The awesome Ryan Briggs from Atlas will be playing our final 2 shows of the year with us, following which, we will recommence work on our fourth album which will be out next year, alongside the announcement of our new permanent drummer.

Bummer.

Not so much for the drumming per se but Pete is a fantastic overall musician and it seems to reason his talents will really be missed on the production and creating side of things.

• 3 months later...

So last night, we officially wrapped up the recording of our upcoming fourth album which we are happy to announce will be titled...
'IN AT THE DEEP END'. It's been a hell of a lot of hard work but the results will speak for themselves when the album drops later this year...
Next stop, the album photoshoot with the incredible Mark Ellis Photography this Sunday!
We will be posting a live video from the shoot with updates on everything, so look out for that this weekend. We will also be announcing our new permanent drummer very soon.
Watch this space!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

So last night, we officially wrapped up the recording of our upcoming fourth album which we are happy to announce will be titled...
'IN AT THE DEEP END'. It's been a hell of a lot of hard work but the results will speak for themselves when the album drops later this year...
Next stop, the album photoshoot with the incredible Mark Ellis Photography this Sunday!
We will be posting a live video from the shoot with updates on everything, so look out for that this weekend. We will also be announcing our new permanent drummer very soon.
Watch this space!

It'll be interesting to hear how things sound on this album with Pete Newdeck out of the band.  I feel like he was a big part of the backing vocal sound and overall production.

I did hear a recent interview with Rob and he said he feels like the album has a fun vibe like the first couple albums so I guess we'll see.

56 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

It'll be interesting to hear how things sound on this album with Pete Newdeck out of the band.  I feel like he was a big part of the backing vocal sound and overall production.

I did hear a recent interview with Rob and he said he feels like the album has a fun vibe like the first couple albums so I guess we'll see.

I agree that Pete was a big factor in the backing vocals, but Rob has been around the business for years and is a die hard 80s hair metal fan (his classic album reviews on his patreon page are great, and we often share the same views on a lot of stuff). Not quite so sure Pete being gone will hurt production though as there are plenty of great producers out there who can do them justice.

• Like 1

I didn't realise Newdeck had left the band. Why did this occur? I see it having an impact on the backing vocals too. Hopefully a hole easily enough filled. I also heard the comment about returning to the more fun vibe of the first two. Silly me didn't realise they'd changed their style after those two. 

Whatever the case, just really looking forward to this. I was listening to his top deep cut tracks the other day on the Glam Metal Podcast and he definitely has influences rock solidly aligned with my favourites, so can't see this being anything but most enjoyable.