Autograph - Beyond

Stefan

I like the song, but the production/mix sounds dreadful. Hoping it's just the youtube clip. 

But yeah, absolutely nothing at all about that sounds like Autograph. Nor does it sound like Jailhouse, for the record. 

• 1 month later...

Probably a half decent song in there, but yeah, everything sounds terrible. Vocals, mix, production and yeah, those lyrics too. It all sounds very garage-quality... even if, like I say, I actually think there's an okay song there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

He gave them his blessing to carry on not that long ago.

8 minutes ago, Jez said:

I think since Randy died he has changed his mind. I mean, not one single one of them has even been in the band for a decade yet. I think Daniels is currently been there longest around 9 years.

lol, I don't understand the hint at new real version of the band comment. Three of the original members are sadly deceased, and Plunkett is zero chance of being a part of it... so Steve Lynch is the only possible original member. Who would his version feature? Any of the current guys, or three or four other new guys? 

I watch all the interviews and stuff, and I can understand Bell's desire to keep it going, but talking about how Daniels has been in the band for (almost?) a decade is never going to change the fact that he wasn't there, or ever had any part in what made Autograph the band fans come to see. I am sure these new guys put on a nice show, but it is certainly a long stretch to be calling it Autograph.

I guess Lynch could still be "entitled" to carry on the name, but personally, sad as it is, I think this is unfortunately a situation where the Autograph band name probably needs to be retired. As others have said, tribute acts are up to the individuals, but it's such a long shot for these guys to still be called Autograph. 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 8:00 PM, Jez said:

Maybe he's heard what they are churning out under the Autograph name and changed his mind?

6 hours ago, lettard said:

Maybe he's heard what they are churning out under the Autograph name and changed his mind?

Lol.

For what it’s worth, Howdy is correct, that when Rand passed and left a band with no original member, that was the mind changer. 

I have to say, all things considered, I do feel sorry for the current guys in Autograph. None of this is their fault, and Rand’s passing is tragic in many ways. 

On 11/17/2022 at 6:47 PM, lettard said:

You're not wrong there, the last album was below par and the new one has Bog Average written all over it. A shame for a once great great band. i

• Like 1

Jeez, I was really hoping this album was going to be good but sadly it misses the mark by a long way. :(

I think the worst part, sadly, was the Jimi Bell interview where he was so adamant that every single song is a killer cut and there's nothing weak on here. Unfortunately I think the opposite is in fact true, and I couldn't find a decent tune on here. In my opinion, of course. 

On 11/17/2022 at 12:02 PM, Geoff said:

lol, I don't understand the hint at new real version of the band comment. Three of the original members are sadly deceased, and Plunkett is zero chance of being a part of it... so Steve Lynch is the only possible original member. Who would his version feature? Any of the current guys, or three or four other new guys? 

I watch all the interviews and stuff, and I can understand Bell's desire to keep it going, but talking about how Daniels has been in the band for (almost?) a decade is never going to change the fact that he wasn't there, or ever had any part in what made Autograph the band fans come to see. I am sure these new guys put on a nice show, but it is certainly a long stretch to be calling it Autograph.

I guess Lynch could still be "entitled" to carry on the name, but personally, sad as it is, I think this is unfortunately a situation where the Autograph band name probably needs to be retired. As others have said, tribute acts are up to the individuals, but it's such a long shot for these guys to still be called Autograph. 

Just reminds me of Quiet Riot.

Frankie was not even an original member, but you could kinda understand him continuing as he was at least part of their breakthrough line up, but after he died they still continued on with a bunch of members who had no real ties to their classic era until Sarzo rejoined a year later after being out of the band for the previous 18 years.

At least when members of Dio continued working together they went out as a tribute act (Last in line, I think).

It's just a smack in the face to the bands legacy to keep dragging the name out and pretending it's the original band.

23 hours ago, Geoff said:

Jeez, I was really hoping this album was going to be good but sadly it misses the mark by a long way. :(

I think the worst part, sadly, was the Jimi Bell interview where he was so adamant that every single song is a killer cut and there's nothing weak on here. Unfortunately I think the opposite is in fact true, and I couldn't find a decent tune on here. In my opinion, of course. 

That's pretty standard practice though and has been for years. Remember when Gene Simmons would always hype up any new album as the greatest thing ever, and these days he will do everything to insult the 80s ones.

And don't even get me started on Michael Sweet and his constant high praise of every new album Stryper releases, and then gets pissed off if anyone says they prefer Against the law or In god we trust.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:00 PM, Jez said:

You're not wrong there, the last album was below par and the new one has Bog Average written all over it. A shame for a once great great band. i

I wish it was bog average  :( got it today and its shite if i'm being brutally honest...It was bought to me as part of my Santa list so at least I never paid money for it lol....still hope the rest of my Santa list hit the mark :christmas:

• Haha 1

This is from Simon Daniels personal Facebook page:

I never post about internal affairs on social media, but since we are being brutally attacked by Steve Lynch, Forgive me for being forced to lower myself to this level, but I see no other way to defend ourselves at this point.
We were made equal partners with equal rights by Steve Lynch in 2014. In the last nine years, he loved us for what we did until he decided to quit and leave us high and dry in 2019 including Randy. He waited for Randy to pass to terminate our work for no other reason than to harm us.
I’m not gonna elaborate more.
Not up for discussion..
We’re not looking for any drama on line and let the legal process which was initiated by Steve Lynch days after Randy’s passing take it’s course.
Blessings

Also, in a question from someone as to are they still allowed to use the name and perform the songs now there are no originals left, he said yes as anyone can perform those songs (no mention of the name usage) live, but that they are now performing 80% new material on stage these days.
If that is not reason enough to not see a band called Autograph, I dunno what is.
I get someone like David Lee Roth would not wanna perform Sammy era VH songs, but if you go out there under the name Autograph, regardless of who is in the band, you have to accept that fans wanna hear the classics, not the new stuff most people have never even heard.
Imagine Def Leppard going out on tour and only performing stuff released after Sparkle lounge.

The situation gets more comical by the day.

Now gone from Lynch saying he was gonna take legal action against them to them taking legal action against him

https://metalsludge.tv/hired-guns-file-lawsuit-autograph-founding-guitarist-steve-lynch-is-being-sued-by-the-very-musicians-he-hired-into-the-group/

Just call it a fucking day and act like adults.

Change the band name to Signature or something.

Oh wow, what an even bigger mess. 

On a side note, was it ever mentioned here that Jailhouse actually released (I'm not sure when it was recorded) a new song a few years ago when their songs were released under 'Straight at the light' on Demon Doll Records. As far as I can tell, apart from this new song, which is the title track, it's the same album that was released in 1998 (?) on DeRock Records. But this new one features this new song-

https://ddrmusicgroup.com/products/jaiilhouse-straight-at-the-light

• Like 1

I used to love this band so much on their first 3 albums. Who could have guessed it would end up with this complete shit show. Bands should NOT air their dirty laundry in public

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors

Daniels,Bell and the drummer are nothing but worthless scabs and posers....I hope Steve Lynch buries these turds through litigation.If he could pull off a small miracle and pull Plunkett' back into the fold for a couple reunion gigs,that alone would be the biggest middle finger to these tossers.