The Broken View

Geoff

Big thanks to Gotthardline who was actually the one who directed my ears to this band, but the time has come where I'm going to drop a thread for these guys as I think there needs to be one on this forum. To this day they've only released a five song EP, a cover song, two post-EP tunes, and as I understand it a brand new single that is to feature on their debut album. A couple of chaps in the modern music thread have checked them out, but if you dig modern rock I'd highly recommend checking them out, and maybe someone can share in my anticipation for the new album.

Can't sugarcoat if from my perspective. If anyone recalls my adoration for Cauterize (which stands to this very day), this is probably the best band (to my ears) that I have heard since Cauterize. Of the 8 original songs they're released so far, I don't just think all are good... I fucking love each one of them. I play Cauterize's discography and every single song they ever recorded is perfection to me. Of course I'm jinxing these guys now, but I get the exact same vibe from this band. I don't know if many people dig this kind of stuff, but this highly emotive soul-on-the-stage type of gear blows me away. Anyway, to each all their own, and this is purely my thoughts. But hoping they can get a couple of new fans as I think they're brilliant. 

And just reading that back, for anyone who actually liked Cauterize (which I think amounts to one, possibly two of y'all) these guys could not sound more different to Cauterize, musically. There's not musical similarity, other than that the singer bleeds his words rather than sings. On that point, though, a lot of people mentioned they didn't like the singer in Cauterize's voice (which I could understand if you're just looking at things at surface level) but this guy's voice is velvet. 

Anyway, here's the new song, which already gave my chills on listen #1-

This is another sensational song released since the EP-

This is a cover of a Linkin Park song which I readily admit I already liked a lot. This version, however (and call me biased) is a stunning rework-

Just actually found this one now... a tune also released after the debut EP and not (hopefully yet) belonging to an album-

And then we have their debut EP-

500x500.jpg

And a couple of tunes off this one-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the mountain of people hanging on every detail about this upcoming album, release date for the disc dropped today - 10th of December this year. 

https://www.thebrokenview.com/shop

Colour this guy excited, if no one else. 

On 11/11/2021 at 3:03 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I'll be keeping a look out for this. 

I honestly believe the small handful of people that do will be heavily rewarded. Hope I don't set myself up for a letdown, but anticipation is unparalleled for me. 

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone looking for an alternative to intercourse or fierce masturbation over the weekend, this album dropped a few hours ago and I dare say it could provide all the satisfaction you might obtain from the above activities. Awkward timing for me on a Friday afternoon heading into a weekend, but I'm going to try a few things to get this in my ears before Monday morning. Excited is what I am. 

I'll have to pass. I spun it on Spotify and not really my thing. This whole modern rock sound has done the dash on me over the last few years.

Every song seems to be a soft whispered verse and then a massive wall of noise in the chorus with the dude screaming his head off 🤣

ill let Geoff masturbate alone 😉

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Glen said:

I'll have to pass. I spun it on Spotify and not really my thing. This whole modern rock sound has done the dash on me over the last few years.

Every song seems to be a soft whispered verse and then a massive wall of noise in the chorus with the dude screaming his head off 🤣

ill let Geoff masturbate alone 😉

lol, I'm not sure the dude does much screaming his head off on this one, cob. But all is good. I don't expect this to be for many folk here, but I'd feel like a criminal for not sharing this with anyone who might be interested.

It's like anything, I guess. If something moves me I get excited about it but I'd be foolish to assume that just because I love it everyone else will. If it worked like that we'd all like the same band and no one else. 

These days I dismiss far more modern rock than I act upon and it's very rare I stumble across a band that makes me feel something, which is what these guys do. Fiercely emotive, good lyrics, really strong hooks and a voice that feels like it's suckling my earlobes as I listen. To each their own, but at least you gave it a crack.  

Edit - I should add that I spun it twice today during a couple of solo drives, starting at 5am this morning. One way to get the day started, I guess. As expected, I love every second of it but that's not unexpected and I can't wait for even more spins. 

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, JC_AOR said:

Hey Geoff, any idea where I can purchase the CD?  Have you got one yet?  Shipping from the US seems to not be an option at the moment.  Great find mate - loving this a lot!

Nah mate, no CD yet. Only available for pre-order on their website-

Like you say, though, it's sadly no longer a financial option for me to buy physical CDs. You can download the album from iTunes, or it's on Spotify, which sadly, is where music's at these days. 

This is one CD I'd like to aim to purchase, along with LeBrock from this year... because it'd be cool to own them both. But not sure it'll be financially realistic... 

As for being a great find, it was actually Gotthardline who introduced this band to the forum so I'm only passing on his awesome find. :)

Couldn't actually love the new album more if I tried. 

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Nah mate, no CD yet. Only available for pre-order on their website-

Like you say, though, it's sadly no longer a financial option for me to buy physical CDs. You can download the album from iTunes, or it's on Spotify, which sadly, is where music's at these days. 

This is one CD I'd like to aim to purchase, along with LeBrock from this year... because it'd be cool to own them both. But not sure it'll be financially realistic... 

As for being a great find, it was actually Gotthardline who introduced this band to the forum so I'm only passing on his awesome find. :)

Couldn't actually love the new album more if I tried. 

jeez mate , you are tighter than me if you can't stretch to one CD a year 🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

jeez mate , you are tighter than me if you can't stretch to one CD a year 🤣🤣🤣

It's more the principle of the thing than anything else. $36 for a CD is what I used to pay way back when I started for the most expensive imports I could find. I don't have the means to be spending $36 for CDs in 2021, cob. 

29 minutes ago, Geoff said:

It's more the principle of the thing than anything else. $36 for a CD is what I used to pay way back when I started for the most expensive imports I could find. I don't have the means to be spending $36 for CDs in 2021, cob. 

Yeah $36 for the CD and another $36 (US) for postage to Australia.  That is seriously what is costs nowadays to have 1 CD posted to Australia.

4 hours ago, JC_AOR said:

Yeah $36 for the CD and another $36 (US) for postage to Australia.  That is seriously what is costs nowadays to have 1 CD posted to Australia.

I live in Australia too and I have NEVER spent those amounts for an album. There are usually sellers on ebay from the UK or US who offer free shipping. Sometimes I just have to wait a bit with a saved search until one at the right price pops up. But with so much music to enjoy, waiting is fine. Crazy Lixx new album for instance, waited, a copy just popped up new with free postage for $20. Happy days.

Out of interest I went to their website and the pre-order page for the CD. CD costs $15, and the postage to Australia is $11. So $26 total. If you love this band I don't think that is unreasonable at all for a physical copy.

10 hours ago, auslander said:

Out of interest I went to their website and the pre-order page for the CD. CD costs $15, and the postage to Australia is $11. So $26 total. If you love this band I don't think that is unreasonable at all for a physical copy.

That's how I read it too. Remembering thats usd, which is about au$36. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Don't really think anyone else will care, but fyi they recently dropped a new video from the magnificent 'You're not alone' from the album from last year. Gotta say, this thing will end up being in my all-time top 10 albums, to be honest. Love it so much. To each their own and stuff, ay. 

Anyway, here's this tune (with a long video intro) featuring my favourite verse of 2022 (the second one). Yes, it's just a love song, but it captivates me-

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Doubt anyone else will care but I'm actively stalking these guys on whatever social media I actually look at and am hanging out like a stretched ballsack for them to release a new album or EP. Anything. Could be a long wait, by the looks of it, but they did finally release a new song a couple of weeks ago. Probably not quite on par with the (imo, brilliant) last album, but a good song anyway;

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a cinematic feature before the song starts, but these guys dropped a new song today. Absolutely love it but I hope they're not just going to release endless singles without an album in sight. 

Nice song. 

I know this is one band that has elevated your enjoyment of listening to music to the ultimate level, but give me Cauterize or Silly Fools or SR-71 anyday lol. 

10 hours ago, Ponen said:

Nice song. 

I know this is one band that has elevated your enjoyment of listening to music to the ultimate level, but give me Cauterize or Silly Fools or SR-71 anyday lol. 

I was actually considering just the other day if these guys might take the trophy as my favourite band. I think it possible. I love what they've released so far so much. 

But I was listening to their new podcast yesterday - really interesting for a fan of the band - and the lead singer and main song writer made a strong point that he thinks the main issue with modern rock bands is that they keep releasing the same thing over and over again, and that is not a trap he wants to, or plans to fall into. Sadly, lol, in my eyes. I obviously don't want the same songs re-recorded, but I love what they're doing and hope their evolution isn't too extreme. Many bands show you can continue making great albums that are not like the one before (Warrant, Vain, Poison, Danger Danger, Skid Row etc). Millions of examples that it can be done well, so I hope these guys are one of the ones. 

Confirmed also in the podcast is that their new album will be out in March 2024. Also mentioned was the fact that they have a million songs written and they're start on the next, next album soon. 

I actually found them (the singer and drummer, who did the podcast, answering fan questions) to be really interesting dudes. Passionate movie buffs and as far as I could tell, their music videos are done completely by the dudes themselves, and that they have a running story going in their music videos. Made me want to sit back down and watch them all, in order of release, back to back. The current storyline hasn't been from the start of the first video... I think they said it starts from the 'Start Over' music video? 

Anyway, interesting dudes and I'm super excited about new album in March. Interesting side note was the drummer mentioning he was a big fan of the Motley Crue, Def Leppards etc. of the world.

On 11/19/2023 at 8:36 AM, Geoff said:

I was actually considering just the other day if these guys might take the trophy as my favourite band. I think it possible. I love what they've released so far so much. 

But I was listening to their new podcast yesterday - really interesting for a fan of the band - and the lead singer and main song writer made a strong point that he thinks the main issue with modern rock bands is that they keep releasing the same thing over and over again, and that is not a trap he wants to, or plans to fall into. Sadly, lol, in my eyes. I obviously don't want the same songs re-recorded, but I love what they're doing and hope their evolution isn't too extreme. Many bands show you can continue making great albums that are not like the one before (Warrant, Vain, Poison, Danger Danger, Skid Row etc). Millions of examples that it can be done well, so I hope these guys are one of the ones. 

Confirmed also in the podcast is that their new album will be out in March 2024. Also mentioned was the fact that they have a million songs written and they're start on the next, next album soon. 

I actually found them (the singer and drummer, who did the podcast, answering fan questions) to be really interesting dudes. Passionate movie buffs and as far as I could tell, their music videos are done completely by the dudes themselves, and that they have a running story going in their music videos. Made me want to sit back down and watch them all, in order of release, back to back. The current storyline hasn't been from the start of the first video... I think they said it starts from the 'Start Over' music video? 

Anyway, interesting dudes and I'm super excited about new album in March. Interesting side note was the drummer mentioning he was a big fan of the Motley Crue, Def Leppards etc. of the world.

Totally agree with you on the evolution thing. Warrant's Dog Eat Dog is one fine example. That album took me by surprise. Was already a huge fan of Jani Lane and Warrant after DRSFR and Cherry Pie, so when I heard DED the first time, I couldn't tell whether I should be excited or disappointed. It just sounded so different. But with time, it gradually became my favorite Warrant album and one of my all time fave albums.

Anyways, good to know an album is on the horizon. Will definitely look forward to it. The running story idea is very interesting and quite uncommon at the same time. Lol, I have watched all their videos but had no clue that they were all just one story. Even concept album idea is very interesting. Operation Mindcrime was the introduction for me. Still love that album to this day.

Just out of curiosity. What if Cauterize had dropped their debut album only around the beginning of this year lol.. Still, The Broken View takes the trophy? 😂