World War III

AlphaMale

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

I can see this coming in the coming decade or so.

So who will be involved if WW3 breaks out?

I'm sure China and Russia would be involved.

What about Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan?

Who vs who?

China v India would be a real flashpoint with the potential to bring in allies. I doubt anyone would use nukes as that would ensure destruction. But even a conventional major conflict would be devastating and plunge the world into a long economic depression.

I think a more likely conventional warfare scenario would be proxy-wars where major powers would back rival smaller states in localised conflicts.

To me though, the future of most conflict will be cyber. You can cripple nation states by targeting their power grids and infrastructure, their economies via espionage and hacking. China already engages in this warfare. The West needs to catch up.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Great question. 

It's something unimaginable, but I can picture people in the 1920's pondering if there would be a WWII and who would be involved. 

There's a quote that's attributed to Albert Einstein,

"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

That sums it up.

As for who vs who, I'd like to think it would be, a coalition of the rest of the World vs the evil Axis of Canada and New Zealand.

Fuck 'em.

:bananamac:

• Haha 1

If China really do go after Taiwan things will get challenging for a while but  , like Russia in the Crimea, it's probably not worth the fight. 

The future battles will be over rights to water as rivers dry up from overuse higher up and rising sea levels causing people to need to move. Look to India, Pakistan and China. Who gets pulled in , anybody's guess. 

I loved the disc, I heard they had recorded a 2nd that got shelved, anyone heard it?

7 hours ago, PeterS said:

If China really do go after Taiwan things will get challenging for a while but  , like Russia in the Crimea, it's probably not worth the fight. 

The future battles will be over rights to water as rivers dry up from overuse higher up and rising sea levels causing people to need to move. Look to India, Pakistan and China. Who gets pulled in , anybody's guess. 

If they let Taiwan go under then that would be like saying that democracy is not worth fighting for....not a good forecast for the rest of the century when things are going to get much worse when it comes to the availability of resources such as water...

7 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

They put out When God Turned Away in 2003....is that the one you are referring to?...it was a decent release imo....

yeah i never heard it i'll have to check it out