Dan Reed Network - Let's Hear It For The King

Stefan

11 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

That's 3 for 3 for me, gonna be a goodie...

listened all 3 back last night. Excellent. A lot of rock bores me at the moment but this sounds great 

• 2 weeks later...

This arrived from the band for me yesterday and I got a run through it at work today...sounding excellent..some real good DRN moments indeed..."Homegrown" could've come from the debut and likewise "Stumble" from Slam...they even go straight ahead glam rock on the track "Are You Ready?" very good album indeed...a real touch of nostalgia for me  :)

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lettard said:

This arrived from the band for me yesterday and I got a run through it at work today...sounding excellent..some real good DRN moments indeed..."Homegrown" could've come from the debut and likewise "Stumble" from Slam...they even go straight ahead glam rock on the track "Are You Ready?" very good album indeed...a real touch of nostalgia for me  :)

Mine should be here anytime now. Really looking forward to it

This always concerns me: (but those singles sound great!)

They practically forged a new sound altogether here, with a modern edge in the foreground, without losing any of their classic heavy-funk / melodic rock leanings. I can’t help hearing everything from pop to prog rock. 

Edited by AlphaMale

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

This always concerns me: (but those singles sound great!)

They practically forged a new sound altogether here, with a modern edge in the foreground, without losing any of their classic heavy-funk / melodic rock leanings. I can’t help hearing everything from pop to prog rock. 

It doesn't sound far removed from the DRN we remember... to my ears anyway...its a very very good album

22 hours ago, Jez said:

Just working my way through it today. Initial spins are very very promising

only half way through so far but loving it. 

Listening to second half tomorrow 

5 hours ago, Glen said:

anyone else lovin this?? Classic Dan imo, some excellent songs on here 

Yep..Really good. My fave tracks keep changing..at present Pretty Karma and I See Angels are the leaders

2 hours ago, Jez said:

Yep..Really good. My fave tracks keep changing..at present Pretty Karma and I See Angels are the leaders

agree they are my 2 favs so far. Killer ballad. I pretty much love it all tho. Are you ready is a possible lull but that's about it. 

Brilliant disc Pretty Karma is probably my fav atm...but to be honest the first three tracks just hit the ground running and set the tone of the quality of this album...just such a consistent listen.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

Surprise! Surprise! My two favs differ from the rest of you. "Let's Hear it for the King" and "The Ghost Inside" are my picks. But the whole album is great. 

• My Little Pony
6 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Surprise! Surprise! My two favs differ from the rest of you. "Let's Hear it for the King" and "The Ghost Inside" are my picks. But the whole album is great. 

No,wait... Now that I'm hearing "I See Angels" again, maybe it's my favourite. ;}

• Like 1