Find Me - Album #4

Tabe

From the official Find Me Facebook page:

STATEMENT FROM PRODUCER, DANIEL FLORES:
"FIND ME album nr 4 is done and on its way to the label then to the record press.
I really want to thank the band on this album:
Jonny Trobro, Michael Palace, Rolf Staffan Pilotti, the amazing voice and my friend Robbie LaBlanc and of course our silent but very vocal and important member Serafino Perugino for all the hard work on this release!
But there is one person I really want to thank and that one person is Alessandro Del Vecchio he is responsible for writing 10 amazing songs on this record. He will be featured heavily on my next work too... 🙂
Yes, he likes to play!!! and is pretty lucky too!
There is still one more BIG, bbbbBIG surprise on the album, featuring one of the best song writers and Keyboard players on earth atm, but I'll let the press team release have that one! 😉
Cheers guys! Now back to work on FIRST SIGNAL album nr 4. :-))))"

Can't say I'm thrilled that ADV is involved but whatever.  Just glad we're getting a new album - and that a new First Signal album is in the works.

Honestly, how many fucking songs can one man write, this is getting old already! For me, every album he writes has 2 to 3 good songs on it(I'm being generous), that's fucked up. Back in the day the best song writers didn't write whole albums, they wrote a few songs for an artists album. Desmond Child, Diane Warren, etc. He is not a very good song writer in my opinion. And his organ/keyboard sound on every bands album is so old!

• Like 2

I don't like his songwriting at all. It wants to be melodic and catchy but I can't remember one chorus though they all sound the same. Not hooky at all, just very forced. 

And I am annoyed that in every frontiers press release Serafino Perugino is mentioned. No other label mentions it's president that often.

10 fucking songs with ADV!!! gonna do to this  what he did to Sunstorm...a solo project with others involvement :hammer:

Edited by lettard
  • Like 2

Getting a bit sick of Frontiers. They often churn out a dozen albums in a row with the same people on them or writing them under different band names. What, do they have quotas on how many albums they have to release each month? Do they think they are the new Motown? Only difference is Motown had quality control and released singles, not albums.

• Like 2

I have to respect for Frontiers as a label because they are helping keep our music type alive and have been for a while,so cudos for that, but they don't have to have their people with their hands all over every project,just take a step back every so often.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lettard said:

I have to respect for Frontiers as a label because they are helping keep our music type alive and have been for a while,so cudos for that, but they don't have to have their people with their hands all over every project,just take a step back every so often.

Exactly!    I really do love Frontiers and what they have done for our genre,  but ADV is way to involved in just about EVERY album.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

Exactly!    I really do love Frontiers and what they have done for our genre,  but ADV is way to involved in just about EVERY album.

Well I feel bad for my rant now. But  I do buy a lot of Frontiers product. So I feel I am supporting them anyway 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, J.S.M said:

And I am annoyed that in every frontiers press release Serafino Perugino is mentioned. No other label mentions it's president that often.

Just the higher-ups massaging their own egos. I agree, it's pretty cringey.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Stefan said:

New song 'In Time For Christmas'.

Boring

20 hours ago, Tabe said:

I don't feel quite as strongly as the rest of you.  This is inoffensive pablum, a throwaway song that doesn't change my interest in the upcoming album.  But, yeah, definitely not a Christmas classic.

The problem is the vast majority of ADV projects have like 7-8 songs like this per release. Albums shouldn't consist entirely of inoffensive pablum or throwaway songs.

Still holding out hope that the rest of the album will be good but given the recent history of the songwriter(s), I'm not excited about it at all.

3 hours ago, Eric3 said:

The problem is the vast majority of ADV projects have like 7-8 songs like this per release. Albums shouldn't consist entirely of inoffensive pablum or throwaway songs.

Still holding out hope that the rest of the album will be good but given the recent history of the songwriter(s), I'm not excited about it at all.

The Album Killer resembles that remark!

• 3 weeks later...

New album 'Lightning In A Bottle' out March 11.

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is thrilled to announce a fourth album, "Lightning In A Bottle" from the popular melodic rock group FIND ME. Vocalist Robbie LaBlanc and drummer/producer Daniel Flores will release their new album on March 11, 2022. 

A delightful and massive melodic rock album, "Lightning In A Bottle" is chock full of mighty anthemic AOR songs featuring Robbie’s soaring vocals backed by amazing performances from Flores and his band. Sonically, this album touches on both the classic Melodic Rock/AOR style, while also showing influences from the new guard of the genre.  

Find Me is an ongoing collaboration between Swedish musician, songwriter, and producer Daniel Flores (The Murder Of My Sweet) and singer Robbie LaBlanc (Blanc Faces, ex-Fury) that was put together by Frontiers President, Serafino Perugino with a vision to unleash another AOR behemoth. Their partnership has yielded three absolute melodic rock gems in a row and "Lightning In A Bottle" will certainly be no exception.

"I really want to thank the band on this album, Jonny Trobro, Michael Palace (guitar), Rolf Staffan Pilotti, and the amazing voice, my friend, Robbie LaBlanc and, of course, our silent, but very vocal and important member, Serafino Perugino, for all the hard work on this release! But there is one person I really want to thank and that is Alessandro Del Vecchio, who is responsible for writing 10 amazing songs on this record. He will be featured heavily on my next work too. Yes, he likes to play!!! And is pretty lucky too! There is still one more BIG, BBBBBBBIG surprise on the album, featuring one of the best songwriters and keyboard players on earth at the moment, but I'll let the press team have that one..." says Daniel Flores.

The aforementioned special guest is Vince DiCola who plays keyboards on a cover of 'Far From Over', a song by Frank Stallone from the "Staying Alive" soundtrack. Vince is actually a co-writer of the original along with Stallone.

Find Me's "Lightning In A Bottle" will no doubt be another unmissable album from Frontiers for the Melodic Rock/AOR crowd!

Tracks:

"Lightning In A Bottle" Tracklisting:

1. Survive

2. Far From Over (Feat. Vince Di Cola)

3. Sail Away

4. Back To You

5. Diana

6. Distant Echoes

7. Remember (It's Me)

8. You And I

9. Under A Bad Sign

10. Give My Heart

11. On The Run

Edited by Stefan

That song is OK. A step up from the Christmas one but would have been one of the weaker cuts on any of the first three Find Me albums.

I'm guessing the usual strong vocal performance from Robbie will be what carries this album if it's any good.

Again they praise Perugino in the press release (they all sound the same, even the quotes...) and Del Vecchio picked out 10 more out of his 17.487 demos... I can't hear it anymore.

BUT I really like the song somehow:blink: Must be the first ADV song that really catches me.

Has he always written the songs for Find me or who else did that before him?