Hardline - Heart, Mind & Soul

Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

2 good songs. Hardline of old (not even close), but we just have to move on. Like I said before, less keys and a second guitar and we'd be on the right track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got this today,its actually good,not mind blowing...but for me the best of the recent Hardline albums(wouldn't be hard I hear you scream lol) but its not bad at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lettard said:

Got this today,its actually good,not mind blowing...but for me the best of the recent Hardline albums(wouldn't be hard I hear you scream lol) but its not bad at all.

I went back and listened to their last couple recently. Life was decent. Had a couple good songs and a nice guitar tone. Human Nature was completely forgettable. 

So you're right, it won't be hard lol. I liked Danger Zone though!

This is a very good album IMO with a some great stand outs for me.  It's a bit more on the soft and melodic side compared to the last one.  Easily my favourite of the 4 ADV produced Hardline albums so far.  If flows coherently from beginning to end IMO.  Some of the previous ADV Hardline albums just felt like a bunch of random songs were written and were thrown together to create an album.  

Last album was also a step up compared to the previous two and I think the addition of guitarist Mario Percudani in the writing duties makes a big difference since left on his own, a lot the ADV songs sound exactly the same.  Some of the guitar riffs and solos on this new album made me think that Neal Schon was guest appearing on a few songs.  I really loved some of the bluesy guitar riffs on this album.  We'll never get a Double Eclipse follow up given how much time has passed but this is a very good album in the Band's catalogue and one that I'll be revisiting a lot.  

Edited by Dr Johnny Fever

Okay album, but sadly, very forgettable. 'If I Could I Would' and 'Heartless' are my two favourites and there's nothing really bad on it... but i's generally pretty standard stuff. 

I hate to bag on ADV, but he is spreading himself way to thin. No way you're going to write 100 songs for 10 different bands/projects, play bass/keyboards/backing vox, and produce and have good songs/product. This has some good to decent songs but could/should have been a lot better, imho.

I was actually very surprised by this release, although I do agree that they need to ditch or reduce the amount of keyboards and add a second guitar player. Johnny always sounds good and is one of the few vocalist that can still sing everything they did in the 80s. Lots of good guitar riffs on this album thus far....

This is one of their better releases.  No, it's not "Double Eclipse" or even "II" but it's good.  They definitely need to add another guitar and stick with the harder material.  That's what makes "Double Eclipse" a classic - the hard guitars.  Nobody's asking for more ballads or keyboards, that's for sure.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 10:15 PM, Tabe said:

This is one of their better releases.  No, it's not "Double Eclipse" or even "II" but it's good.  They definitely need to add another guitar and stick with the harder material.  That's what makes "Double Eclipse" a classic - the hard guitars.  Nobody's asking for more ballads or keyboards, that's for sure.

CORRECT!