Jump to content

1, 2 KO combinations - "Babylon A.D."


Darkstone
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2021 Gold Donors

Two essential albums for all of us.

That time came and went so quickly.

Here's some my favourites

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Darkstone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just thinking this morning I need 'So savage the heart' in my ears again. And the rest of them. Great albums. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony

I prefer the second album. Probably due to it being my introduction to the band, and I played it to death. "So Savage" is not only the best ballad ever written, period!, it's one of the best songs ever written. 

Both albums are essential. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 2nd album was a huge letdown. Not too many good songs like on the debut.

I was there for the filming of the video for "So Savage" the best song on there IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

The 2nd album was a huge letdown. Not too many good songs like on the debut.

I was there for the filming of the video for "So Savage" the best song on there IMO.

I love the debut so much, but I think I may prefer the follow up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors
23 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I'm sure that's a lonely opinion!

Hmmm, I dunno. You may be surprised. 

At least Karpet agrees with me.

 

 

Actually, that probably doesn't help my argument. 

:bananamac:

Edited by Darkstone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
6 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Hmmm, I dunno. You may be surprised. 

At least Karpet agrees with me.

 

 

Actually, that probably doesn't help my argument. 

:bananamac:

It def does not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two essential albums as you say - The riff to Bang Go The Bells hits so hard everytime. In my recent spins of the debut I’ve come to really appreciate Back To Babylon.. always was a fan but really digging it lately. 

Debut just takes top spot for me but awesome follow up with ‘Nothing Sacred’.... Slave Your Body rips! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Take The Dog Off The Chain is easily their best song and is also an excellent musical example of nearly perfect hard rock.

I remember my son in first year of school.
Kids had to get up and sing a song in front of the class to 'open up' a bit.


His teacher approached me after school...
Kids got up and sung baa baa black sheep, happy birthday etc
He got up and bellowed So Savage The Heart, with his hand on his chest and at top volume.
Wish I could have seen that :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
7 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Take The Dog Off The Chain is easily their best song and is also an excellent musical example of nearly perfect hard rock.

I remember my son in first year of school.
Kids had to get up and sing a song in front of the class to 'open up' a bit.


His teacher approached me after school...
Kids got up and sung baa baa black sheep, happy birthday etc
He got up and bellowed So Savage The Heart, with his hand on his chest and at top volume.
Wish I could have seen that :)

That's amazing! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Take The Dog Off The Chain is easily their best song and is also an excellent musical example of nearly perfect hard rock.

I remember my son in first year of school.
Kids had to get up and sing a song in front of the class to 'open up' a bit.


His teacher approached me after school...
Kids got up and sung baa baa black sheep, happy birthday etc
He got up and bellowed So Savage The Heart, with his hand on his chest and at top volume.
Wish I could have seen that :)

 

 

On 6/29/2016 at 10:54 PM, CureTheSane said:

Inspired me to do this one...

Funny story, my son, at 5 was addicted to this song.
When he started school he was in his first week and each kid had to get up in front of the class and sing a song.

There were Wiggles songs, and Barney songs etc, and then he got up and started belting this one out full voice.

Teacher caught me after school and relayed the story lol

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Te8602xZ8

Is this the same Son? It sounds like you've done well nurturing his musical tastes.

Keep it up!

The link is for "Pretty Maids - Please Don't Leave Me", BTW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Darkstone said:

 

 

Is this the same Son? It sounds like you've done well nurturing his musical tastes.

Keep it up!

The link is for "Pretty Maids - Please Don't Leave Me", BTW.

haha, yeeah.
Did I get my wires crossed some other time and quote the wrong song?
Was definitely So Savage The Heart, although he did like the Pretty Maids song as well.

Another one he loved, and I mentioned this on a different music forum years ago and copped a lot of shit was Buckcherry's Lit Up.
He had no idea what the lyrics were about and it wasn't like I let him bellow it at the shopping centre or whatever.
Swearing is weird with kids.
I never swore in front of any of them until they were adults (aside from the odd slip up)
But music gets a little hall pass.
Hell, free to air TV started allowing 'shit' to be said at 7pm like 10 or so years ago.

Hard to define a standard for these things when it seems so acceptable.
These days the c word is like shit was when I was growing up.

Kids these days just throw it around. Mine don't (in front of me at least lol)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

haha, yeeah.
Did I get my wires crossed some other time and quote the wrong song?
Was definitely So Savage The Heart, although he did like the Pretty Maids song as well.

Another one he loved, and I mentioned this on a different music forum years ago and copped a lot of shit was Buckcherry's Lit Up.
He had no idea what the lyrics were about and it wasn't like I let him bellow it at the shopping centre or whatever.
Swearing is weird with kids.
I never swore in front of any of them until they were adults (aside from the odd slip up)
But music gets a little hall pass.
Hell, free to air TV started allowing 'shit' to be said at 7pm like 10 or so years ago.

Hard to define a standard for these things when it seems so acceptable.
These days the c word is like shit was when I was growing up.

Kids these days just throw it around. Mine don't (in front of me at least lol)

Curse words are just words , they are mainly used as adjectives, fuck this , shit on that etc....it is when they are used to insult , defame and attack someone that I have a problem with them....and that is usually where the c word gets used....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.