Enuff Z'Nuff - Brainwashed Generation

Stefan

album_cover_ENUFF%20Z'NUFF%20brainwashed

From Frontiers:

Enuff Z'Nuff have announced their new album, "Brainwashed Generation" will be released on July 10, 2020! A new song, 'Fatal Distraction' is out now. 

Featuring founding member Chip Z’nuff along with Alex Kane (guitars), Tory Stoffregen (guitars), and Daniel Benjamin Hill (drums), Enuff Z’Nuff’s new studio release, “Brainwashed Generation” showcases a diverse collection of songs that demonstrate the progression of musical styles in the Enuff Z’nuff catalog, all while retaining the undercurrent that has kept them a loyal fanbase since the ‘80s. The album also features guest appearances from original frontman and guitarist Donnie Vie ("Strangers In My Head") as well as guest appearances from Mike Portnoy, Ace Frehley, and Daxx Nielsen (Cheap Trick).

Originally formed in 1984 in Chicago, IL, the band received their big break in 1989 when they signed to Atco/Atlantic Records. Founding members, Chip Z'Nuff and Donnie Vie were joined by guitarist Derek Frigo and drummer Vikki Foxx and they commenced work on their major label debut. The self-titled album was a monster hit and spawned two evergreen singles, “New Thing” and “Fly High Michelle”. Both received constant airplay on radio and heavy rotation on MTV, spending over 60 weeks in the Top 10. 1991 saw the band release their sophomore album, “Strength”. The album had more of a hard rock overtone and sustained the success achieved on the first album. The band made high profile television and radio appearances on the likes of David Letterman and Howard Stern and were featured in Rolling Stone’s Hot Issue as ‘The Next Big Thing'. The band soldiered on during the new musical climates of the ‘90s and went on to release another over a dozen more studio records.

BRAINWASHED GENERATION Tracklisting:
1. The Gospel
2. Fatal Distraction
3. I Got My Money Where My Mouth Is
4. Help I’m In Hell
5. It’s All In Vain
6. Strangers In My Head
7. Drugland Weekend
8. Broken Love
9. Go…
10. Winding Road

Line-up:
Chip Z’nuff - Bass
Tory Stoffregen - Guitars
Alex Kane - Guitars
Dan Hill - Drums

Special guests:
Mike Portnoy - Ringo / Beatles replica kit by TAMA - Track 5
DAXX “Cheap Trick” Nielsen - Drums Tracks 2, 4, 7, 9
Steve Ramone - Guitar Tracks 2, 8
Tony Fennell - Guitar Track 3
Joel Norman - Piano Track 1
Ace Frehley - Inaudible Lead Guitar Track 7
Donnie Vie – Vox, Guitar Track 6
Vinnie Castaldo – Drums Track 6

https://www.enuffznuff.com
https://www.facebook.com/EnuffZnuffOfficial

Edited by Stefan

It's loose, basic, pretty weak sounding but I don't hate the chorus. Pretty catchy. Probably better than anything they've done for a couple of decades at least. 

I'm OK with both Enuff and Donnie solo stuff.
Like 'em both.
I also think this song was pretty weak.

Did everyone see Donnie's lockdown cover?
Actually much better than I thought.

Better than you thought? Does that mean you thought it would give you covid 19? 'Cause it's better than getting covid 19, but that's about the only compliment I can think of. ;)

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Stefan said:

New song 'Broken Love'.

Wow, that couldn't be any shitter. Terrible. 

• Like 1

You know, that closeup of the band DOES NOT make me want to listen to the song.
A stripper, or some otehr sexy girls, then yeah, imma click it.

• 2 months later...

Don and Chip need to bury the hatchets in each others respective backs and just make music together like the almighty told them too as both their latest stuff is missing that oomph that can only be had by the pair. 

Its like sex without the climax, sure its fun but what is the point then?

As for the 3 songs herein they aren't as horrible as you all are on about but again one without the other makes them seem lackluster.

It's sad to see the bands that I love, especially the first three albums and many songs from their catalogues, turned like this. Hopefully one day Donnie and Chip will settle their disputes and make something like the old days, at least one album like what TREAT or RATT did with their return to form release

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nightrain said:

It's sad to see the bands that I love, especially the first three albums and many songs from their catalogues, turned like this. Hopefully one day Donnie and Chip will settle their disputes and make something like the old days, at least one album like what TREAT or RATT did with their return to form release

They have settled their dispute, which is why Donnie appears on one track on this.

I think he is just more invested in his solo materical these days, but has kinda said never say never to working on more EZN in the future.

On 9/12/2020 at 2:27 AM, Captain Howdy said:

They have settled their dispute, which is why Donnie appears on one track on this.

I think he is just more invested in his solo materical these days, but has kinda said never say never to working on more EZN in the future.

that's good to hear, after all, life is very short you know to break a friendship over ego or money.

Hopefully they'll reunite and throw an album with a mix of the first three and I'll be a happy guy