heavyharmonies

Best of 2019 lists posted!

Shockingly The New Roses only appeared in one of the also ran lists, same with Donnie Vie, with only 2 also rans.
No rate at all for Taylor Hawkins or Mike Tramp :(
in fact I'd say that the also rans were simply any other album that was heard in 2019

good to see Tesla get a rating
I need to check out buckcherry, I completely forgot about that one. oops.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

in fact I'd say that the also rans were simply any other album that was heard in 2019

That is exactly what it is: the rest of the field.

In fact, I say it at the top of the page. It's so people can see which artists each of us heard over the course of the year. People make assumptions that we all listen to everything, but not all of us are exposed to the same material, either through happenstance or intent.

So if an album isn't in my Top 5, Honorable Mentions, or Rest of the Field, it means that I didn't hear it.

I read the lists - always interesting...but they were so mis-aligned to what I thought was top this year I didn't dwell too long. 

12 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Shockingly The New Roses only appeared in one of the also ran lists, same with Donnie Vie, with only 2 also rans.
No rate at all for Taylor Hawkins or Mike Tramp :(

good to see Tesla get a rating
I need to check out buckcherry, I completely forgot about that one. oops.

Mate, just my opinion time, but here it is. To each their own and all that stuff;

I agree with you that the New Roses deserves recognition. Nice album.

However;

Donnie Vie - I know there was a love-fest thread for diehards on this forum, but I seriously doubt that the album received any more praise than what was levelled at it in that thread. Again, I stress this is my opinion, but it was woeful. A piece of shit of an album. In my opinion, of course. And I love early Enuff Z' Nuff. It's not like I have it in for him - in fact, I'd love to love the album. But it's really bad. :(  In my opinion, and to be honest, probably most other people's. ;)

Mike Tramp - I hate saying this because I know the dude's just doing what he loves, but sadly he is just so irrelevant these days - IN MY OPINION - that I feel like he could release 5 CDs a year and no one would care. It's just the same old singer/songwriter stuff for decades now - incredibly bland and unappealing. His current output is the epitome of the kind of stuff that 99% of music fans would just look straight past. Nothing interesting there anymore, sadly... in my opinion, of course. 

Taylor Hawkins? Foo Fighters drummer? Playing some weird jazzy/progressive swamp rock or something? And you expect him to appear on lists in this site? Again, mate, to each their own, but I don't think it's unexpected to see him not appear on any lists on this site. ;)

Thanks again for the time and effort put in guys.

• Thanks 1

haha, Geoff,
You don't need to qualify everything by saying its only your opinion.
I'm not going to get butt hurt if people don't like what I like.
The main reason I'm here is to hear new music.
it's the only place I go since Sleaze Roxx closed their forum, and sites before that closed.
Music here varies from what I really like to stuff that's too synth pop for me.
the on the other side of that is the heavier stuff that I don't expect to get a look in so much - Saliva, Five Finger Death Punch etc

Anyway, I only ever mention bands here so others get the chance to hear them who may not have.
If people don't like them, no harm no foul, :)

Ooh, I missed this thread. Time to go read everyone's wrong opinions!

;}

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Ooh, I missed this thread. Time to go read everyone's wrong opinions!

;}

How did you miss this thread????

7 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

How did you miss this thread????

By not noticing it.