Confess - Burn 'em All

Stefan

On 2/28/2020 at 8:22 PM, Gotthardline said:

Yeah songs are good for the most part but there is definitely something off with the mix 

Thought the last album sounded excellent so this is disappointing 

I agree, the mix takes away a little from what otherwise seems to be a pretty good album.  I've only listened to the promos on YT and the tracks on Spotify, so I'm curious if any forum members with a physical copy are encountering the same

• Like 1

Jeez, I gotta be honest. Didn't see the last few posts in this thread and heard this earlier this week and didn't really think anything at all of the sound quality. I remember one song, maybe the fourth, sounded weird on my computer but fine on the car stereo. Overall, all good with me.

Just listening to Is It Love as I type and I do kind of get what y'all are saying, but don't let it put you off. It's a cool album. I quite like it. Absolutely love Is It Love. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Jeez, I gotta be honest. Didn't see the last few posts in this thread and heard this earlier this week and didn't really think anything at all of the sound quality. I remember one song, maybe the fourth, sounded weird on my computer but fine on the car stereo. Overall, all good with me.

Just listening to Is It Love as I type and I do kind of get what y'all are saying, but don't let it put you off. It's a cool album. I quite like it. Absolutely love Is It Love. 

I Wanna like it but the vocals are so buried. In some tracks I can't understand a word he's on about. 

can't be bothered when there's so much other quality stuff about.

if I'm honest that hard sleazy stuff has kinda had it's day with me....it needs to be awesome to register - Crashdiet last year I found pretty average as well albeit the sound on that was very good. 

5 hours ago, Gotthardline said:

Is it Love is a great song

Yeah they do songs like that so well,enjoying this but its their weakest release thus far for me.

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Yeah they do songs like that so well,enjoying this but its their weakest release thus far for me.

got progressively worse in my opinion 

Man, I tried.... I really tried..... but my how this band has fallen since their first couple albums. The mix is a mess. There's some decent hooks and songs in there but it's so disjointed, I got very little from it. Those buried vocals ruin a pretty solid track in "Is It Love". 

24 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Man, I tried.... I really tried..... but my how this band has fallen since their first couple albums. The mix is a mess. There's some decent hooks and songs in there but it's so disjointed, I got very little from it. Those buried vocals ruin a pretty solid track in "Is It Love". 

this ^^^^

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 6:58 AM, Geoff said:

Thanks God i'm not the only one who thinks there's nothing wrong with the production and all. For me Is It Love is the only song that sounds different (drum machine?) but overall, yeah, that's a good album.

Edited by All Nights Reserved

17 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

Thanks God i'm not the only one who thinks there's nothing wrong with the production and all. For me Is It Love is the only song that sounds different (drum machine?) but overall, yeah, that's a good album.

what you can't hear that the vocals are buried and almost inaudible??

6 hours ago, Glen said:

what you can't hear that the vocals are buried and almost inaudible??

As mush as Geoff is a stickler for sound quality, I can't believe he thinks this sounds ok.

Much have too much Cody spunk in his ears! 

On 3/8/2020 at 5:49 AM, AlphaMale said:

As mush as Geoff is a stickler for sound quality, I can't believe he thinks this sounds ok.

Much have too much Cody spunk in his ears! 

Yep, agreed. Nothing ruins an album more for me than shit sound quality and I didn't bat an eyelid at this one, so I guess that says it all for me. 

Perhaps you should get an injection of Cody's spunk too, as it obviously works wonders! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Yep, agreed. Nothing ruins an album more for me than shit sound quality and I didn't bat an eyelid at this one, so I guess that says it all for me. 

Perhaps you should get an injection of Cody's spunk too, as it obviously works wonders! 

when I struggling to understand the lyrics that's an instant turn off me.

can't be bothered 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking a first listen to this now.
TBH I didn't really notice the vocals being buried until I remembered the comments here and started listening for it.
Overally I guess it's there. A tweak of the equalizer helps, but familiarality will also help I'd think.
Certainly not as annoying to me as it is to otehrs here.

• 1 month later...

Had a few spins now.
No issues with sound quality.

Stand outs are
Is It Love
My Vicious Way
One For The Road
A few others may be late bloomers, but I'm always happy to pick up a few songs from an album.
If I was rating it, overall it would be pretty average I guess.