Grand Design - V

Stefan

On 2/29/2020 at 2:49 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

They always have the best music videos!

They're very well thought out videos. No way could anyone poke fun at or mock the band for those videos. Surprised the videos don't attract lots of new young fans. Mind blowing, in fact. 

By the numbers, but cool enough tune. 

Great album!  For me it's their best album. Nothing new from them but the songs are just better  in general.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:48 PM, Mafisen said:

They have a few good songs here and there, but overall it's rather dull. 

I'm going to have to go back on this comment. After a few listens, I have to say that this is really good. Sounds more mature to me than before and all songs range from good to excellent. 

Maybe I'll have to go back and listen more unbiasedly to their previous albums. 

Tell me: does anyone else hear Nothing Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship in the bit pre chorus in Wut Are U Waiting For?

About the vocals: they've been something I had a little trouble with before, but I think it's fine on V. Not as in your face high pitched as before, but more varied. 

My rating: 5 out of 6 stars. 

Edited by Mafisen

7 hours ago, Mafisen said:

I'm going to have to go back on this comment. After a few listens, I have to say that this is really good. Sounds more mature to me than before and all songs range from good to excellent. 

Maybe I'll have to go back and listen more unbiasedly to their previous albums. 

Tell me: does anyone else hear Nothing Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship in the bit pre chorus in Wut Are U Waiting For?

About the vocals: they've been something I had a little trouble with before, but I think it's fine on V. Not as in your face high pitched as before, but more varied. 

My rating: 5 out of 6 stars. 

This is why I feel it's their best album to date. I think it's  a great album

Singer sounds like he inhaled helium. Great music, but annoying vocals

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Vocal characteristics are somewhat nasal and thin, which is either hit or miss for me. For example, I love Rob Moratti's work, and he has a very similar vocal timbre, but this album does nothing for me. I think it may be the mix, as the lead vocals are often buried and lost.