Grand Design - V

Stefan

• My Little Pony

Last album might not have been amazing, but these guys have been consistent enough to demand our attention. 

I have to admit after their first two excellent albums I lost touch with this band, so I really need to revisit them.  That teaser really didn't seem like a teaser because it gives away nothing.  Looking forward to checking out V regardless.

I've always enjoyed their albums, admittedly to varying degrees - not as much of late as I used to - and I'll look forward to this one. Here's hoping they somehow manage to spice things up a bit this time, and not travel down the well worn part to a T again. 

• 1 month later...

From their facebook:

"Swedish MelodicRoc/AORsters Grand Design confirm
New Studio Album ”V” set to be released on March 6, 2020 trough GMR Music.

"I've have had the honor pre-listen to some selected songs from the album to help them pick the singles and all I can say is that Grand Design fans won't be dissapointed, they still have the 80's vibe that we learned to love with big hooks and big production.

// DrAOR"

GRAND DESIGN, the Swedish 80s rock sensation, is back with the long- awaited album ”V” that will hit the streets friday March 6, 2020 trough GMR Music.

The album ”V” is again produced by Pelle Saether and recorded at Studio Underground Sweden during sept – nov 2019.

This album goes back to the band´s beginnings with that typical GRAND DESIGN sound and songs from the early albums that made them one of the top acts of Swedish AOR/Melodic Rock scene.

The 11 songs on the album are packed with mindhaunting choruses, jawdropping guitar work and a larger than life production.

”The idea of this album was to redefining the sound and songsstructure we had on the early albums and to make it work in 2020.
With a new guitar shredder in the band (Dan Svanbom)
and the rest of the gang doing 100% we think we succeeded veeeery well and we had alotta fun doing it."
Says Pelle Saether

cpcrzbtew0rdvi0qm2if.png

1: Right Away
2: I Won’t Cry Over U Tonite
3: Stranded (Trapped in a Heartbreak Zone)
4: Wut Are U Waiting For
5: Shame On U
6: Walkin’ The Wire
7: Gimmie The Fire
8: Take Me To Yer Heaven
9: I Dunno Wut To Say
10: The Warrior
11: Guilty of Luv in the 1st Degree (CD ONLY)

Edited by Stefan

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Glen said:

solid.

jeez their image is awful 

Haha, you, sir, are very correct. Their look is woeful. :(

The song, however, is really good. I like  it. 

In all honesty, though, I feel like it's just a great chorus away from being very similar to the last album. Unless they have 10 songs with choruses as good as this, I think it might be the best song on the album and the rest might be a bit too familiar? I assume. I hope very much that I am wrong. 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Eh, I've seen far worse bands, image-wise.  They at least don't look like they're 95 years old.

Who's the lead singer?

The one holding the microphone. 

• Haha 2

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Eh, I've seen far worse bands, image-wise.  They at least don't look like they're 95 years old.

Who's the lead singer?

Pelle Saether

• 3 weeks later...

Received this today in the post from the band and gave it a few spins.really nice,if you are familiar with these guys then this follows the same path as the other releases,for me thus far my favs are the double barrel  team of "Shame On U" & "Walkin' The Wire" maybe not as consistent as their first few albums but Im still really enjoying this and will do for a while more because my H.E.A.T II cd is yet to arrive ffs  :(

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

A week early? You bastard. 

As opposed to my H.E.A.T disc which is almost a week late  :)

dunno why it came so early,got an email from em last week to say it had been dispatched but still expected it next week...ah well :drink:

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, lettard said:

As opposed to my H.E.A.T disc which is almost a week late  :)

dunno why it came so early,got an email from em last week to say it had been dispatched but still expected it next week...ah well :drink:

There's still another single to drop before the album release. I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint. 

17 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

There's still another single to drop before the album release. I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint. 

Yeah "The Warrior" is next,strange release for me as it didn't really stand out when ive spun the disc as opposed to some others,it would be right down the list but maybe others will like it more...probably will...all tastes are different,im not saying its a bad tune though...just better on the album imho  :)

Edited by lettard