Lovekillers feat. Tony Harnell - s/t

Stefan

67491518_2373854956003875_96476650785682

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: On December 6, 2019, we will release the debut album from Lovekillers, which features Tony Harnell (Starbreaker, ex-TNT) on lead vocals. What does it sound like? Lovekillers sees Harnell deliver soaring vocals and the hard rock sound reminiscent of the widely heralded '80s TNT albums. Written by Harnell, producerAlessandro Del Vecchio and writers like Nigel Bailey, Pete Alpenborg, Marco Sivo, & Jonas Hornqvist, melodic hard rock doesn’t get any better than this!

More details, first single, and pre-orders to be announced later this year.

Edited by Stefan

Know nothing about this before seeing this thread, but I'll put it out there - I reckon this one might just be a really pleasant surprise. I bet it belts the balls off the Starbreaker album. 

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Know nothing about this before seeing this thread, but I'll put it out there - I reckon this one might just be a really pleasant surprise. I bet it belts the balls off the Starbreaker album. 

That wouldn't be that hard.... :whistle:

• 1 month later...

More info from Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the new melodic rock project, LOVEKILLERS feat. TONY HARNELL, which is due out on December 6, 2019. 

Well known for being the vocalist of TNT’s classic line-up, Tony Harnell is an accomplished musician and songwriter who has also worked with such bands as Starbreaker and Westworld, while also performing as a solo artist. Harnell's vocals are unique entity in the melodic hard rock and rock worlds and Lovekillers marks a return to a sound reminiscent of classic '80s melodic hard rock. The album is an over-the-top and straight ahead tribute to that classic '80s sound, bringing it back with a passion and the amazing vocal register that only Harnell can deliver.

“I think Lovekillers is a different beast compared to many of the things I worked on in the past,” says Tony. “It has a lighter, more American and very melodic feel. It was a very comfortable territory, artistically, singing those songs. Sometimes, I also worked to tweak some lyrics and melodies here and there and on a couple of songs I worked harder to rewrite them, but I think the end result speaks for itself.”

On this album, Tony collaborated with in-demand Frontiers in-house producer Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, JORN, Revolution Saints) and the end result is a a glossy, polished record with top-notch production. Besides Del Vecchio and Harnell, songwriters on the album include Nigel Bailey, Pete Alpenborg, Marco Sivo, and Jonas Hornqvist.

Tony Harnell recently became the first American to be inducted into Norway's prestigious Rockheim Hall of Fame. He was inducted along with TNT and the ceremony will be televised nationally in Norway later this year. 

For melodic rock fans, Lovekillers feat. Tony Harnell is a can't miss! 

“Lovekillers" Tracklisting 

1. ALIVE AGAIN
2. HURRICANE
3. BALL AND CHAIN
4. WHO CAN WE RUN TO
5. HIGHER AGAIN
6. ACROSS THE OCEANS
7. BRING ME BACK
8. NOW OR NEVER
9. HEAVILY BROKEN
10. NO MORE LOVE
11. SET ME FREE

Line-up
Tony Harnell - Vocals
Gianluca Ferro - Guitars
Alessandro Del Vecchio - Bass, Keyboards
Edo Sala - Drums

That is glorious. And how we need to be hearing Tony Harnell. I can't even really think back to the last great album he's been on. :( Would it be the last Westworld album? I don't know, but it shouldn't be so long. Cannot wait to hear this one. 

glorious?? slight over reaction. Decent song and better than his most recent output.

I have to honest tho this guy is not a huge favourite for me....always find his vocals slightly irritating for some reason 

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

glorious?? slight over reaction. Decent song and better than his most recent output.

I have to honest tho this guy is not a huge favourite for me....always find his vocals slightly irritating for some reason 

Nope, it's glorious. ;)

I was surprised you were interested at all as I thought you were quite a large non-fan of this guy. :)

I, however, am a massive fan and nothing makes my ears happier than to hear him finally do something good again. 

No one else has mentioned this so I will....... that is one of the worst album covers and band logos I have ever seen in my life. Why the fuck does Frontiers continue to have such shit artwork?? Looks like someone dig it with a red crayon. F-U-G-L-Y!

Edited by AlphaMale

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

No one else has mentioned this so I will....... that is one of the worst album covers and band logos I have ever seen in my life. Why the fuck does Frontiers continue to have such shit artwork?? Looks like someone dig it with a red crayon. F-U-G-L-Y!

Emo is back !

16 hours ago, Stefan said:

And he's the man to admit it. ;)

Are you talking about schlongs? No one matches my 2.5 inch anaconda. 

I'll wait for a full album until I compare this to Harnell-fronted TNT, but I will say with 100% conviction that this album will be better than any TNT album without Harnell. Light years better.