Lovekillers feat. Tony Harnell - s/t

Stefan

On 9/19/2019 at 9:07 AM, Geoff said:

Nope, it's glorious. ;)

I was surprised you were interested at all as I thought you were quite a large non-fan of this guy. :)

I, however, am a massive fan and nothing makes my ears happier than to hear him finally do something good again. 

Agree with Geoff 100%.  I am loving this song...and I am a huge fan of Tony, but will admit when I don't like a song of his.  Great melodic rock song....

Remember Michael Eden of Eden's Curse? He was saying on FB that Tony Harnell wished he would get cancer and die. Even provided the email which I have attached. What do you think about this? I know Eden isn't well liked but wishing cancer/death upon someone is really low. Especially for someone like Tony who has always seemed to be a good guy.

Thoughts?

This email came to me from comments I made about Chris Cornell who was an addict and died from his own fucking hand, which is too goddamn bad for him. IN THE WORDS OF MY BROTHER RICK.......Who you met, IF YOU NEVER START.........YOU NEVER NEED TO STOP! That drug addict and those like him ain't my fucking problem....Druggies either want help or they don't. Harnell was out of fucking line with his words to me. I have my opinion as he has his. I'VE NEVER WISHED ANYONE DEATH.......LET ALONE FROM CANCER! Great singer.....LOVE TNT! But my respect for this cunt is zero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a washed up never was who is lucky anyone ever gave 1 fuck......He can get in line and suck my cock and kiss my ass!!! Those in the way get mowed over. I've ATTACHED the original email with his email addy! 

r1oyvtx

Haha. And that's why I don't take much notice of shit outside of the music, lol. 

Eden comes across as a giant idiot, and his voice is shocking, but I do agree with his thoughts on drug addicts and therefore support his side of this particular argument. Do I really care about the harshness of Harnell's response? No, not really. ;) 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Haha. And that's why I don't take much notice of shit outside of the music, lol. 

Eden comes across as a giant idiot, and his voice is shocking, but I do agree with his thoughts on drug addicts and therefore support his side of this particular argument. Do I really care about the harshness of Harnell's response? No, not really. ;) 

Yep. I agree with the person who don't understand it that I don't really dig the Spread Eagle album, I let the music speak for itself. I don't really care about all the politics going on in the background. If the music is good, I listen to it.

:)

• Haha 1

yeah I agree too but it was better in the old days when the only exposure you had to your favourite artists was live or in a magazine interview.

enduring these idiots on social media just leaves me shaking my head sometimes 

17 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Remember Michael Eden of Eden's Curse? He was saying on FB that Tony Harnell wished he would get cancer and die. Even provided the email which I have attached. What do you think about this? I know Eden isn't well liked but wishing cancer/death upon someone is really low. Especially for someone like Tony who has always seemed to be a good guy.

Thoughts?

This email came to me from comments I made about Chris Cornell who was an addict and died from his own fucking hand, which is too goddamn bad for him. IN THE WORDS OF MY BROTHER RICK.......Who you met, IF YOU NEVER START.........YOU NEVER NEED TO STOP! That drug addict and those like him ain't my fucking problem....Druggies either want help or they don't. Harnell was out of fucking line with his words to me. I have my opinion as he has his. I'VE NEVER WISHED ANYONE DEATH.......LET ALONE FROM CANCER! Great singer.....LOVE TNT! But my respect for this cunt is zero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a washed up never was who is lucky anyone ever gave 1 fuck......He can get in line and suck my cock and kiss my ass!!! Those in the way get mowed over. I've ATTACHED the original email with his email addy! 

r1oyvtx

1 hour ago, Y&TForever said:

And Harnell was on the sauce when this went down, doesn’t really make it right to say something like this, but I’m curious how Eden instigated it.  

Anyhoo, who cares?  I will just enjoy the music as long as we have it...

Eden says above that his comments on Chris Cornell's death is what set Harnell off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only spun this once so far and I can't see any possible way that this won't burst into my top 10 with ease. Loved what I was hearing and can't want to spin the shit out of this one. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Only spun this once so far and I can't see any possible way that this won't burst into my top 10 with ease. Loved what I was hearing and can't want to spin the shit out of this one. 

is it that good? I was kinda like warm on the singles. might check it out 

39 minutes ago, Glen said:

is it that good? I was kinda like warm on the singles. might check it out 

Keep in mind I'm a mad Tony Harnell and TNT (with Harnell) fan. I just love him singing melodic rock, and to be honest, it's been a while since I've heard it so I'm lapping it up.

I think most Harnell/TNT fans will love this, but it's not going to convert people who don't already like him... I don't think. I dunno. Definitely try it out, but if you don't like the dude I can't see this changing your mind. 

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Keep in mind I'm a mad Tony Harnell and TNT (with Harnell) fan. I just love him singing melodic rock, and to be honest, it's been a while since I've heard it so I'm lapping it up.

I think most Harnell/TNT fans will love this, but it's not going to convert people who don't already like him... I don't think. I dunno. Definitely try it out, but if you don't like the dude I can't see this changing your mind. 

I'm a big fan of TNT and Tony as well and agree with your overall take.  There are some really good tunes.  "Hurricane" and "Higher Again" remind me the most of TNT.  While Heavily Broken, which doesn't really sound like TNT, might be my favorite.  I think what initially takes this down a notch for me is the track order itself.  The two tracks ("Ball and Chain" and "Who Can We Run To") that I really didn't get into are placed one right after another.  I also thought there are too many slower paced tracks (most noticeable with Across the Ocean being followed by Bring Me Back).  I'll need to give it another spin but similar to you, I think this one might make it's way into my top 10, purely on how much I enjoyed, what I'd consider to be, the standout tracks.