Jerome Mazza - Outlaw Son

heavyharmonies

I'm a couple tracks into listening to this, and I'm really enjoying it. His lead vocals are very enjoyable. This is less Kansas-esque than the previous works he was involved with, but you can still hear those aspects.

No video since there's nothing on Youtube that I could find, and no audio on the main site because Escape doesn't want sound samples of their releases posted, even only 1-minute tracks.

Release date: November 23, 2018.

Jerome Mazza is a singer / songwriter born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennyslvania. 

At the age of 8 he taught himself how to play the guitar and sing after being influenced by guitarist and singer Mark Farner (Grand Funk).

Playing guitar and singing through his teenage years Jerome joined his first band at age 19 and toured the east coast in various rock and pop bands. He started writing songs at age 25 and was very influenced by progressive rock band Kansas.

In 1990 Jerome became the vocalist for Christian metal band Angelica. To this day the album “Walking in Faith” by Angelica remains their most respected release.

Moving on to 2015 Jerome recorded a solo album and then joined forces with Torben Enevoldsen for the band “Pinnacle Point”. It was at this point that Khalil from Escape Music approached Jerome when he discovered him on YouTube singing for the band “Pinnacle Point”. Khalil invited Jerome to sing duet with Steve Walsh on the song “Born In Fire” on the new Steve Walsh CD “Black Butterfly” (Nov 2017 ESM311).  Jerome’s performance was so outstanding that Khalil asked him to be a guest to sing additional songs on the Steve Walsh “Black Butterfly” album.  It was an easy decision for Jerome to make and the result was explosive! 

It became obvious that Jerome should record a new solo album and here it is in all its glory! This is a masterpiece of melodic rock featuring Jerome’s incredible vocal range. With backing from musicians that were also featured on the Steve Walsh “Black Butterfly” album, this will be one of the most talked about releases of the year! 

Jerome Mazza – Lead & Background vocals
Tommy Denander – Guitars / Keyboards
Steve Overland – Backing vocals
Brian Anthony – Bass
Chris Metzger  – Drums / percussion

Track list:

1. Neverland  4:03
2. Immortal 3:58
3. The Dark Side 3:10
4. Streets On Fire 5:03
5. The Last Goodbye 4:38
6. Undercover Love 4:08
7. Song For The People 3:37
8. Save The Best Til Last 3:38
9. Crossfire 4:12
10. Calm Before The Storm 4:00
11. Outlaw Son 3:44
12. Unfinished Business 3:19

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How do I miss threads like this? In fact, I almost missed everything about this but I think I just caught it on Mike's end of year lists. I followed up on a few interesting prospects from those lists of stuff I missed out on, but this one is the stand-out by leaps and bounds. Probably would have made my top 30 last year if I'd heard it in time. 

Great vocals that remind me of Kevin Chalfant or that guy from Mattador, lol. But a great voice and great tunes. Such a strong, consistent album. 'The Last Goodbye' and 'Save the best till last' are my faves, but there's a hell of a lot to chose from.

If you're like me and you missed this in 2018, do yourself a favour and check it out. Real nice. 

17 hours ago, Geoff said:

How do I miss threads like this? In fact, I almost missed everything about this but I think I just caught it on Mike's end of year lists. I followed up on a few interesting prospects from those lists of stuff I missed out on, but this one is the stand-out by leaps and bounds. Probably would have made my top 30 last year if I'd heard it in time. 

Great vocals that remind me of Kevin Chalfant or that guy from Mattador, lol. But a great voice and great tunes. Such a strong, consistent album. 'The Last Goodbye' and 'Save the best till last' are my faves, but there's a hell of a lot to chose from.

If you're like me and you missed this in 2018, do yourself a favour and check it out. Real nice. 

What he said!  :agree: :tumbsup:

But seriously, Outlaw Son was the biggest surprise of 2018 for me; I was simply blown away by how good it is, and as Geoff said, it is consistent from start to finish.  

One of the best songs from 2018: