2018 FIFA World Cup

Invisible_man

Yeah,watched most of it so far...when im not at work,on my break at the minute but when I get home its shower/shave/sh*te/shampoo time then a few beer and footy :)

Annnnnd tomorrow is Fathers Day so it'll be football followed by football followed by football on the menu to pass my day and relax :cheer:

The Spain v Portugal match was a belter last night.

Edited by lettard

3 hours ago, lettard said:

The Spain v Portugal match was a belter last night.

Yup the best game so far. CR7 saved Portugal.

Just finished watching the Agentina vs Iceland game. Whts wrong with Messi?!!...missed a penalty AGAIN!! I don't know if its the massive pressure that got the better of him or simply just wasn't his day. Nevertheless, full credit to Iceland for parking the bus and holding on to it the entire game thereby making it extremely difficult for messi and his team.

Hope Messi will rediscover his magic soon that we all know of when he is in Barcelona jersey.

46 minutes ago, Glen said:

Dreading England on Monday 

England, another clear underdogs. They have a good set of young players. If they jell together and continue their fine league forms then I bet they can beat the top teams. England will be looking for a change in fortunes this time round.

Peru were unlucky,thought they played some great football,nice quick pace to their game,just no end product(terrible penalty),small team though that conceded  10 goals from set pieces in qualifying and they were undone not by a set piece but a big man at the back post.

France were lucky thought the aussies dug in well and France were underwhelming.

Edited by lettard

5 minutes ago, Ponen said:

England, another clear underdogs. They have a good set of young players. If they jell together and continue their fine league forms then I bet they can beat the top teams. England will be looking for a change in fortunes this time round.

Speaking as a Northern Ireland fan I hope England do well,the only home nation in it....we were robbed against the swiss in the playoffs lol

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Dreading England on Monday 

Think they'll beat Tunisia on Monday night Glen,although they have only won 1 of their last 7 opening games in tournements,which sounds really bad when you hear that,,it surprised me...time for 2 in 8 :)

13 hours ago, lettard said:

Peru were unlucky,thought they played some great football,nice quick pace to their game,just no end product(terrible penalty),small team though that conceded  10 goals from set pieces in qualifying and they were undone not by a set piece but a big man at the back post.

France were lucky thought the aussies dug in well and France were underwhelming.

Ya ...felt sorry for Peru. Their finishing let them down I must say. 

I want all these small teams to do well.

Poor game earlier,lit up by a stunning free kick from kolarov.

just watching the Mexico v Germany atm , Mexico look great so swift and pacy on the counter,Germany dare I say it look very lethargic thus far...don't expect that to continue though.

Bummer!

To be honest, my expectations weren't too high after an unimpressive build up to the tournament.
Their lone win came against a mediocre Saudi team.

A wins a win,so theyre off to a better start than previous years...but 1 question,what did they have to do to earn a penalty from the set pieces? Tunisian defence were playing rugby with Kane at every opportunity...apart from 2 :)

Belgium looked good when they got themselves sorted 2nd half,didnt see the Sweden game.

Edited by lettard

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Argentina are shite 

Yeah certainly looks that way,they just about scraped into the competition because their qualifying wasn't great either.

Some interesting games coming up in the next few days.....

France - Argentina
Uruguay - Portugal
Brazil - Mexico
Croatia - Denmark
Sweden - Switzerland
England - Colombia

I'm guessing France, Uruguay, Brazil, Denmark, Sweden and England will win