Sunstorm - The Road To Hell

Stefan

BREAKING NEWS: The fabulous Joe Lynn Turner project, SUNSTORM will release their new album, THE ROAD TO HELL on June 8, 2018! First single and pre-orders COMING SOON!

THE ROAD TO HELL tracklisting:

1. ONLY THE GOOD WILL SURVIVE
2. THE ROAD TO HELL
3. ON THE EDGE
4. BLIND THE SKY
5. MY EYES ON YOU
6. FUTURE TO COME
7. EVERYWHERE
8. RESURRECTION
9. CALLING
10. STATE OF THE HEART
11. STILL FIGHTING

29432770_1694356153953762_60800099807745

I'm looking forward to hearing what this one sounds like.  I enjoyed the first three albums, but the last one had a change in style and overall was a step down in quality, to me.  I'm hoping this is more in line with those earlier releases.

5 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

I'm looking forward to hearing what this one sounds like.  I enjoyed the first three albums, but the last one had a change in style and overall was a step down in quality, to me.  I'm hoping this is more in line with those earlier releases.

Yes. Maybe bring back Dennis Ward!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NEW SONG & VIDEO ALERT: Sunstorm feat. Joe Lynn Turner will release their new album, "The Road To Hell" on June 8th! Today, the title track has been unveiled for your listening pleasure! Enjoy the video!

THE ROAD TO HELL can be pre-ordered on CD/LP/MP3 here: http://radi.al/TheRoadToHell

Exclusive Limited Edition 180g Colored Vinyl available here: https://bit.ly/2ImgOQE

Any hardcore fan of hard rock will certainly be no stranger to the story of Joe Lynn Turner’s career. From his early days with Fandango to his successful stints fronting Rainbow, Deep Purple, and Official Yngwie Malmsteen and through his heralded solo career, the New Jersey-born singer has had his vocal talents on display for decades now.

Joe Lynn Turner says "The key to a great song is in the writing, performance, melody and lyrics. Anyone who loves melodic hard rock will not be disappointed with the first song! Personally, I love the positive message that it conveys to the listener...and the chorus is extremely memorable...The music is tight and compelling and played brilliantly. Turn it up loud and enjoy a great kick off to a rocking summer!!!"

Years ago, Turner got in touch with Frontiers’ President Serafino Perugino and after discussions between the two, the idea of unearthing some classic melodic rock gems to craft the definitive Joe Lynn Turner AOR album came about. This brought about the release of the first SUNSTORM album in 2006, and then came “House of Dreams” in 2009, “Emotional Fire” in 2012, and the definitively more hard rocking “Edge Of Tomorrow” in 2016.

The new album, “Road To Hell”, once again featuring production from Hardline’s Alessandro Del Vecchio and guitars by prog metaller titans DGM’s Simone Mularoni, continues in the same hard rock direction that was started on “Edge Of Tomorrow” and that JLT’s vocal talents shine so brightly in when performing this style.

• 4 weeks later...

As the promo write up indicated the new album is similar to the last release rather than a return to the AOR style of the first few albums.  Joe Lynn Turner still sounds good and the guitar solos are well played.  The songs themselves are all pretty good but there weren't any tracks that I found myself wanting to hit the repeat button on.  And I guess that tells the story for me.  While I like it slightly more than Edge of Tomorrow,  I still prefer the first three releases which each had a few standout tracks.

17 hours ago, Crazysam said:

As the promo write up indicated the new album is similar to the last release rather than a return to the AOR style of the first few albums.  Joe Lynn Turner still sounds good and the guitar solos are well played.  The songs themselves are all pretty good but there weren't any tracks that I found myself wanting to hit the repeat button on.  And I guess that tells the story for me.  While I like it slightly more than Edge of Tomorrow,  I still prefer the first three releases which each had a few standout tracks.

I agree, but I'm enjoying it for what it is.

Having listened to the whole album more, only the title track really stands out for me.  It's a solid effort, one I certainly enjoy listening to, but not an all-timer for me.  The title track, however, is fantastic.  I definitely like it more than I did a month ago now that I've had a few more listens.

• 1 month later...

Probably one of my least favoured in their discography, but it's another solid addition. Title track and 'On the edge' are my favourites... but it's all rather solid stuff.