W.A.S.P. - Re-Idolized (2018)

AlphaMale

W.A.S.P.+-+Re-Idolized+%255BThe+Soundtra

Napalm Records will release February 2, 2018, W.A.S.P. "Re-Idolized (The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)", the 25th anniversary of the iconic concept album 'The Crimson Idol' as it was originally intended — film and soundtrack united and released as one special product. 

"Re-Idolized (The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)" also features several songs never released before, discarded by the record company due to 'CD physical space'.

Indeed, "Re-Idolized (The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)" comes in 2 CD, as with the new songs doesn't fit into 1.

The Crimson Idol CD was originally intended to be accompanied by a movie, with several hundred hours of film that were shot to create approximately 60 minutes of movie footage. "Re-Idolized (The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)" includes the video for the first time, both on DVD / Blu-ray.

The album is still considered to be the best of W.A.S.P.'s career, and one of the greatest Rock concept albums of all time. "The Crimson Idol" tells the twisted tale of a suicidal rock and roll icon and the perils that come with fame. 

With guitarist Chris Holmes no longer a member of W.A.S.P., Blackie Lawless recorded "The Crimson Idol" with guitarist Bob Kulick (KISS, BLACKJACK) and drummers Stet Howland and Frankie Banali (QUIET RIOT). 

In fact, the record was intended as a solo album, but Lawless bowed to fan pressure and released it under the W.A.S.P. name.

It’s a great record and more Rock fans need to be familiar with it, hell, even re-acquainted with it.

Too often we’re inundated with mundane crap and cookie cutter nonsense, but, more often than not, gems like "Re-Idolized (The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)" get released and soon forgotten because of the 'attention deficit hyperactivity disorder' age of the Internet we live in. 

Let’s not let that happen this time.

W.A.S.P.+-+Re-Idolized+%255BThe+Soundtra

Voted one of the Top 20 conceptual albums of all-time by Metal Hammer magazine, The Crimson Idol is obviously more of a soundtrack than, say, a straight rock 'n' roll album.

Now it's complete in "Re-Idolized (The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)", adding very good tracks never heard before, plus a fresh remastering.
HIGHLY Recommended

DISC 1:
01 - The Titanic Overture
02 - The Invisible Boy
03 - Arena Of Pleasure
04 - Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)
05 - The Gypsy Meets the Boy
06 - Michael's Song
07 - Miss You
08 - Doctor Rockter

DISC 2:
01 - I Am One
02 - The Idol
03 - Hold on to My Heart
04 - Hey Mama
05 - The Lost Boy
06 - The Peace
07 - Show Time
08 - The Great Misconceptions of Me

Blackie Lawless – vocals, guitar, keyboards, bass
Bob Kulick – lead guitar
Doug Aldrich – lead guitar ("Arena of Pleasure"; uncredited)
Frankie Banali – drums
Stet Howland – drums

PRE ORDER:
shop.napalmrecords.com/w-a-s-p-re-idolized-the-soundtrack-to-the-crimson-idol-2-cd-blue-ray-dvd-slipcase.html

This should be interesting. One of my alltime-favorite albums. I still maintain that this album along with the follow-up "Still Not Black Enough" are two of the best recording/mix/production jobs ever, specially the drum work.

For those in the U.S., the 4-disc set is available for pre-order on Amazon at $19.89 shipped:

https://www.amazon.com/Re-Idolized-W-S-P/dp/B073VDLC51/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513445548&sr=8-1&keywords=w.a.s.p.+re-idolized

Overall I prefer Headless children, but this one is still a fantastic album.

Not 100% sure whether it is worth the extra cost to be honest though.

£25 is a bit high for me, and will probably wait until I can get it cheaper.

Never really liked the album as a whole, some of the songs are very good (and the 2 ballads The Idol and Hold On To My Heart two of the band's absolute best!) but I could never listen to the album as a whole, just way too tedious and pretentious. Curious to hear the new songs though, they were recorded during the same time is that correct? Nothing against concept albums and I'm sure Blackie was very ambitious but I feel it didn't work here for some reason, and I've tried getting into this one for the last...... 11 or 12 years

On 12/17/2017 at 8:42 AM, CureTheSane said:

Hold On To My Heart is one of the best WASP songs IMO.

it's one of my favorite WASP songs. This and The Headless Children are my favorite WASP albums

• 1 month later...

I don't consider ANY re-release of any album by any band essential.

Most of the time I don't consider them at all.

At least this one has some cool stuff associated, but unlike most WASP fans, I never saw this as a masterpiece, just a good album.

Hmmm...I thought this was going to be the original recordings, re-mastered, with some unreleased tracks added. This first promo video seems like the song was re-recorded with slightly altered lyrics.  

• 2 weeks later...

This is very good indeed. Been playing back to back with the original over the last few days and it's holding up rather well