Silverkin

Killer intros

Another example of a killer intro surrounded by an equally killer/perfect song.

A couple more that I love, with a similar vibe.

On 27.12.2017 at 9:16 AM, CureTheSane said:

Some of those remind me of Catch Me I'm Falling (Extended) - Real Life

Super.

More 80's Pop. Probably not a "killer" intro, but memorable for me nonetheless. I remember like it was yesterday approaching what was then pretty much the only place in Melbourne that sold records, yes records. The iconic "Brashs". This was playing and I picked up what was I think my first 12" single.

Double Duh!! I can't believe this wasn't the first one I posted. Arguably, the best ever.

Although "Odin's Court" is great in it's own right,  I guess it's still an intro, but what an intro!

I've never been able to do Christian Rock/Metal. I'm not anti Christian by any means, but for some reason it just irks me. There are of course some exceptions. Pretty much only 3. Impellitteri, Rob Rock and Stryper.

Like martinsane a few weeks ago, I was having a bit of a "Lizzy Borden" binge today. So many great intros.

On 5/27/2018 at 2:46 AM, Darkstone said:

Like martinsane a few weeks ago, I was having a bit of a "Lizzy Borden" binge today. So many great intros.

Ah I'll check some of these out today. Had a bit of an overload of listening to music and took a much needed break but am so ready to get back into it

For me, this is the best killer intro. Love it

Flippin loads..showing my age with some of these...but straight to mind:

Aldo Nova - Fantasy 

Teaze - Boys Nite Out (The One Night Stands version)

Godz - Candy's Going Bad

Zon - Circus ...love it when the guitars and keyboards hit about the 38 sec mark ...hairs still go up on the back of my neck

Montrose - Space Station No. 5

Wireless - Journey of a Possible Hero

Not a track I  listen to very often for some reason, but it popped up today. Hugely commercially successful, helped in no small part with the Terminator 2 connection.  Even without the soundtrack tie in it's still a killer track and intro. On of the best intros IMO. Many memories associated with this one. 

Brings me memories of that time I rode my bike down an LAZ aqueduct with some random kid.

Hold on, not sure that memory is 100% spot on :)

On 11/6/2018 at 2:39 PM, CureTheSane said:

Brings me memories of that time I rode my bike down an LAZ aqueduct with some random kid.

Hold on, not sure that memory is 100% spot on :)

Ha! I might be doing you a disservice, but I think you're about my vintage, so you know what a big deal that song and movie was at the time. T2 was my first ever VHS bootleg, which I obtained before the official video release. As for your memory, or recall shall we say, I think you may be confusing that with the time you went on holiday to Mars. 

Nah, that trip to Mars turned out to be a dream. Seemed so real at the time.
I recall thinking "how come I haven't seen more 3 titted women before...
That should have given it all away, but I guess I just went with it... ;)

Some nice riffage on this intro. These guys are always very good value.

Probably my favourite of all;

• Thanks 1

Yeah, Junkyard Dog is definitely a killer intro. On a side note, from the first day I got "Pull", i've tried to figure out what the image is on the cover. It looks like some sort of microscopic shot. Any ideas?

I always looked at it like it was lava or somesuch  :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• mate what you just written there is the very definition of a conspiracy theory. Unproven and the opinion of a few. It is pretty widely accepted that SARS originated from bats to humans and was due to these awful WET markets. the issue is that nothing was done then to close and regulate these places and now it's happened again! A shit storm. A full inquiry is needed and these places need to be shut down. permanently - the Chinese government needs to be held to account. As I said before all this lab bullshit is just Trumps lame attempt at deflecting his poor handling of the pandemic however IF concrete evidence is produced or revealed proving that it was lab based I will admit I was wrong - the consequences and potential fallout from that are difficult to imagine tho
    • You got it wrong man, I'm the last person to buy conspiracy theories, you know why that is? no such thing, I do not for one bit believe that China producing Covid is at all a conspiracy theory, it's actually the most feasible explanation I've heard yet, the version I heard had nothing to do with trump, and actually began near the end of Obama's presidency, the story of the Chinese, and WHO, yeah that is out of the Trump block, Covid being out of the lab, that's what I believe the truth, the US government while funding the labs, had began consistently harping on the labs, for their poor security, one agent going as far as saying somebody could literally walk out the front door of one of the labs with anything they wished, wet markets have been around since the dawn of time, why is it now, some gross fucking chinaman, eating bats, would suddenly contract Covid, and at that, how would it spread as fast as it did, that just logically doesn't make any sense to me, no conspiracy's, you don't think the Chinese government would stifle something like that?? think of all the fucked up bizarre diseases that come out of China, at least a few every 5 years, why is that? no I'm certainly not looking at it as a conspiracy, I just believe it's much more likely China was tampering with shit, and it went wrong, Ive believed it since it started, also I wouldn't necessarily believe Trump will stay pulled out of WHO, I think he is playing a game with the Chinese gov, I really do.
    • that will come out in the review after the pandemic if it's true but I've seen no concrete of this except Trumps own ramblings. Which as I say is more to cover up his own failings.  You can believe all the conspiracy theories you want but all the realistic evidence points to poor H&S in Chinese WET markets which need to be regulated or better closed down.  I stand by my comment regarding who  - they undertake too much important work to have funding cut.  interesting that you mention $2.8 billion. I read the funding levels were much lower with US funding at $400M per annum - albeit they were the highest which is wrong imo - funding should be more equal. 
    • The world is a fucking MADHOUSE! down here in OZ this morning we were greeted with live footage of two Aussie television reporters being attacked in London within hours of each other. The first one gets intense. London FFS! Civil unrest has been around from the beginning of civilization. It's always been fairly localized throughout history. The French Revolution, The troubles in Ireland, as mentioned earlier, not to mention countless other revolutions. The only difference now is that revolutions, as with everything are on a Global scale. It's not necessarily localized anymore. The third video also addresses the protests/corona virus issue (great channel BTW). Absolute joke of a world we live in. I think the "Georgia Guidestones" are spot on.        
    • Just read Metal T's post which also suggests this. But as seen by many replies on this very forum, and multiplied by the world outside, no one wants to see that side of the discussion. 
    • Thank christ for this slab of sensible common sense. Very rarely do you see that second number.  If understand correctly the ratio is very similar in the US too. But of course you won't hear about that. 
    • kind of a vague shot there Metal T, was wondering if you could go ahead and be more specific? maybe even just drop a name, im nervous you could be referring to me, and if that's the case, I'd like my name in big bold capital letters, gracing this page on HH, your not gonna call me out and not give me the credit I deserve, your a fucking racist, you wont say my name cause im Japanese/Irish, isn't that right? let me tell you something, Round  Eye, you give me proper credit, or I bring great shame to framery, understand?
    • Uh!! ugh! well, It has the right sediment, but it really doesn't say anything with regards to disembowelment, necrophilia, or scatology, go listen to Cannibal Corpse, Eatin Back To Life, 3 times, i mean truly listen to the lyrics, then come back, and use your new found knowledge, and just completely annihilate me, make me so upset, I cant bare to even remain on the board tonight, I want at least a month of suicidal thoughts, followed by 6 months minimum of unbearable depression, anxiety, and my favorite, DOOM! I know you can do this Alpha, G-Off's the only one who's ever made me feel that way, and now we have gay ass sex, like we never had it before, I'm counting on you Russ!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.