Pink Cream 69 - Headstrong

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Crazysam said:

While I wouldn't put this album up there with PC69's best releases it has some pretty good tracks on it and I enjoyed it more than Ceremonial

Easily better! 

I had my thoughts, especially after the released it with a great live performance of some classics ( comparisons naturally occurred), but I'll buy it.

3 hours ago, Glen said:

talk about release the worst songs first.

there are 4 or 5 corkers on this.

nice return to form 

Yeah, exactly my thoughts! Even Change had a better tracklist order. I just bought the goddamn vinyl. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2017 at 4:05 AM, Glen said:

talk about release the worst songs first.

there are 4 or 5 corkers on this.

nice return to form 

I've never followed these guys but decided to check this out with things being a little slow on the new release front lately...

Have to say I've liked most of what I've listened to.  There are probably 2-3 sings that are a bit bland but there's some good stuff here.

I kinda like We Bow To None, Walls Come Down, Man of Sorrow and Bloodsucker.  

• 4 weeks later...

I like this album. There are 4 or 5 excellent tracks on here. A few good ones and the odd filler. The foursome Walls Come Down, Unite and Divide, No More Fear and Man of Sorrow are belting tracks. We Bow To None is really good too. Vagrant of the Night and Bloodsucker are sniffing around the 4 aforementioned songs but does not quite reach that level. Path of Destiny and Whistleblower are ok but The Other Man doesn't do much for me.  

On 2/12/2018 at 7:30 AM, Mafisen said:

I like this album. There are 4 or 5 excellent tracks on here. A few good ones and the odd filler. The foursome Walls Come Down, Unite and Divide, No More Fear and Man of Sorrow are belting tracks. We Bow To None is really good too. Vagrant of the Night and Bloodsucker are sniffing around the 4 aforementioned songs but does not quite reach that level. Path of Destiny and Whistleblower are ok but The Other Man doesn't do much for me.  

I agree.  I've never followed these guys or bought a release from them up until a month or so ago.

Like Headstrong quite a bit...Only a couple songs that don't do much for me...mainly Path Of Destiny and Whistleblower.  I like the rest though.

Have since went back and picked up Ceremonial also.  It's a bit different....More production, more melodic and maybe more modern sounding.  I'd say I like Headstrong a bit better but like Ceremonial also for a little change of pace.  The first song is pretty terrible but I mostly like it after that.  Special and The Tide are the standouts for my ears.

Good band though and may continue investigating their back catalog a bit.  

53 minutes ago, Mafisen said:

Their debut Games People Play is a classic in my book. Andy Deris on vocals. 

Their debut and 'Games People Play,' do you mean? Or are you not aware of their s/t debut (1989) and their best album of all, 'One Size Fits All? (1991)' If you've not heard those two, make sure you do asap. The debut has great songs, but awful vocals and production. Still a great disc, though. Amazing guitar. 'One Size Fits All' has the killer production to match the killer tunes. Probably my favourite album from them.

That said, 'Shattered,' from 'Games People Play,' (1993) is my favourite song from them. 

On 2018-02-15 at 1:30 PM, Geoff said:

Their debut and 'Games People Play,' do you mean? Or are you not aware of their s/t debut (1989) and their best album of all, 'One Size Fits All? (1991)' If you've not heard those two, make sure you do asap. The debut has great songs, but awful vocals and production. Still a great disc, though. Amazing guitar. 'One Size Fits All' has the killer production to match the killer tunes. Probably my favourite album from them.

That said, 'Shattered,' from 'Games People Play,' (1993) is my favourite song from them.

You are right of course. I am aware of their debut, can't believe I forgot that.

Embarrassed. 

12 hours ago, DaHun72 said:

Great band but after 2 full listens this is kind of boring with nothing standing out. Not keen to go a 3rd time.

Completely with you, mate. When I heard it I was all like 'yep, it's good to hear these guys again.' It's a good solid album, but sadly and honestly, just no replay value for me. They are very competent and do what they do well, but it just doesn't speak to me.