Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

I can not for the life of me understand why people who have these automatic sprinklers don't shut them off when it's raining !

But I have noticed that these people also have a lawn service to cut their grass.

So you pay money to have these sprinklers installed,then pay money for the water to water the lawn and finally pay someone to cut your lawn.

Every year mine would leak or not work. Haven't used them in five years. Living in Ontario we are getting plenty of rain this year.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Hey, proper lawn care ain't no joke. ;}

I'm one of the few people that actually mows their lawn as opposed to paying someone to do it.At least in my neighborhood.

The local cricket club which I am a member of, has these sprinklers on their main ground. The only problem they have the switch to turn off or on is the neighbouring state.

I put some cool ass sprinklers in when I built my house.

No grass etc yet, so easy to go sick with lines everywhere.

A couple of years later we had some serious drought so watering gardens was banned.

Washing cars with a hose was banned.

Crazy shit and a serious overreaction.

Actually the biggest overreaction was the government building a huge ass desalination plant.

Then the drought broke.

Then they cancelled the desal project half way through.

Now the dams are pretty much full and they have started continuing the desal plant as a backup.

• 2024 Gold Donors

I used to think artificial lawn was the way to go, but the more i see them, they look a bit tacky. Even the really good ones. At least you only have to take a hose to it to wash of the bird and dog shit.

• My Little Pony

I used to think artificial lawn was the way to go, but the more i see them, they look a bit tacky. Even the really good ones. At least you only have to take a hose to it to wash of the bird and dog shit.

Saw a dude vacuuming his lawn yesterday.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Saw a dude vacuuming his lawn yesterday.

That only happens in Canada.