SunStrike - Ready II Strike

Stefan

10426576_678238518946470_771360746574282

New album coming soon. Details to follow...

Posted on FB in February:

All the files are now sent to Erik Mårtensson for him to do his magic with it. Can't wait to hear the result and share it with you. We know it will be awesome!

Cheers!

12800119_678193865617602_625927825955506

Liked their debut...As I look back on it now though, only really like about half of it and find myself wanting to skip a handful of songs.

Interested in checking this release out though and great they're working with Martensson.

• 3 weeks later...

Out May 20th.

12963665_1193186070719140_16195535873857

Tracks:

1. Head over heels
2. A piece of the action
3. Firework
4. Hurricane
5. I stand by you
6. Rock this house
7. Angel in my room
8. Someone to love
9. Turned to stone
10. Heaven
11. Sail away

New clip posted from upcoming album.

Probably not fair to judge after one quick listen but my initial thought is that it sounds decent but at the same time also kinda generic and not really standing out much for me.

We'll see how it settles and hoping in this case they release another song or two before the album release.

New clip posted from upcoming album.

Probably not fair to judge after one quick listen but my initial thought is that it sounds decent but at the same time also kinda generic and not really standing out much for me.

We'll see how it settles and hoping in this case they release another song or two before the album release.

I didn't like this on first listen but after a few spins , it's stuck in my head now

Slightly awkward structure to the song in that some of the lyrics don't seem to fit nicely to the melody (esp in the verse) but its pretty good.

The debut was a bit HEAT grade B type stuff, but they are worth checking out for sure.

I agree on the lyrics...I think that is my issue also. It just feels a little awkward or something in a few spots.

Musically it sounds good though.

Slightly awkward structure to the song in that some of the lyrics don't seem to fit nicely to the melody (esp in the verse) but its pretty good.

The debut was a bit HEAT grade B type stuff, but they are worth checking out for sure.

I agree on the lyrics...I think that is my issue also. It just feels a little awkward or something in a few spots.

Musically it sounds good though.

the verses are all over the place.

• 1 month later...

The entire album has been uploaded on Youtube. I general it's very good, a few overly cheesy songs. The debut seemed to have more variety in the songs and was more AOR in parts, the new one is more Melodic Rock.

The entire album has been uploaded on Youtube. I general it's very good, a few overly cheesy songs. The debut seemed to have more variety in the songs and was more AOR in parts, the new one is more Melodic Rock.

I like the "more Melodic Rock" part for sure!

After giving the songs a few spins on Youtube I can say this one is a great follow up to the debut. Is it better? Depends on tastes I guess, I like it almost as much. The songs flow better as the band seems to have found their sound and not doing two or three styles like on the debut.

The rocking tracks Someone to Love, Hurricane, Firework, Head Over Heels, Angel In My Room and Heaven are all winners.

The ballads / mid tempo tracks are great. Turned To Stone and Sail Away are excellent. However the ballad I Stand by You is so fucking awesome! So 80's/90's styled, imagine the best of Warrant, Firehouse, Skid Row ballads....the chorus will instantly be stuck in your head.

The only fillers in a sense are the tracks Rock This House and A Piece Of The Action. The later being one of those groovy songs but not that bad in the end and the other one just has really cheesy lyrics.

I wish it was all as good as Hurricane, i Stand by You and turned to stone.

Love those 3.

Someone to love and Sail Away are pretty good too.

Half of it though just misses the mark for me....a bit like the debut.

• 1 year later...