Nasty Habit is now MAJOR CRUSH

simo

Just had a look to see what Nasty Habit were up to and discovered they have recruited a new drummer and re-named themselves Major Crush. Didn't see this coming, although the recent change in sound could've been a hint. Here's a preview of the band's first song due to be released shortly

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wVCumcSGccY

I think it sounds promising. More modern but still rocks...

Just had a look to see what Nasty Habit were up to and discovered they have recruited a new drummer and re-named themselves Major Crush. Didn't see this coming, although the recent change in sound could've been a hint. Here's a preview of the band's first song due to be released shortly

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wVCumcSGccY

I think it sounds promising. More modern but still rocks...

That was a brief clip... but even from that this looks like I band I should keep tabs on.

• 2 months later...

Yeah bit strange that,I preordered it as its probably the only way ill get it in the UK,plus it was only £23 inc shipping & handling :)

Yeah bit strange that,I preordered it as its probably the only way ill get it in the UK,plus it was only £23 inc shipping & handling :)

Yeah me too :D the new single definitely sounds good! How do you like it?

Aye really good,heavier sound yet sticking to the melodic sound,nice...good taster for the full cd release :)

• 1 month later...

my download of the trophy kids album arrived tonight by email,the signed cd to follow,havent had a chance to listen yet,its on my ipod for work tomorrow :)

I listened to it on my way to work and during my lunch break, catchy as hell. It's a departure from their early sound but I wouldn't call it ''modern'' to me it sounds a lot like late 90s / very early 2000s rock or pop you'd hear on the radio but very well done. Also the bonus track ''Bittersweet'' is very good

Oh and I almost forgot, three of the songs were taken from Nasty Habit's ''Desperate Times Desperate Measures'' EP and ''Turn Up The Radio'' which they released under their old name is also on it. The album clocks in at something like 33 or 34 minutes, 37 with bonus track so rather short

I listened to it on my way to work and during my lunch break, catchy as hell. It's a departure from their early sound but I wouldn't call it ''modern'' to me it sounds a lot like late 90s / very early 2000s rock or pop you'd hear on the radio but very well done. Also the bonus track ''Bittersweet'' is very good

Yeah I'm enjoying it also,your description is spot on,it kinda reminds me of Eric Martin in places with that whole pop/punk/rock American pie soundtrack sort of vibe...very summer sounding :) production is excellent compared to the debut nasty habit disc which is a bonus...but radio friendly it definitely is even with the slight heavier edge in places which adds to it for me :)

Kind of like Jimmy Eat World meets Hanson meets Slash :D despite only knowing one song each from Jimmy Eat World and Hanson but that's how I imagine their music to sound like haha

Just a good record for the summer, and not the ''style'' I'd usually listen to so branching out a little which is good

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I always thought Nasty Habit had a lot of potential as a sleaze / 80s band which unfortunately they never managed to fully showcase on record, be it due to subpar production or still being too young and not fully developed as a band yet. So it's unfortunate we'll never see what could have been if they had kept at it and perfected their sound on another Nasty Habit album

Having said that, I don't dislike the new direction they went in. Different style for sure but it's catchy and nicely done