Hair Force One from Ottawa, Canada

DeLaCruz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

This band is doomed to fail, when they band themselves after one of Edguy's greatest tracks. They can't live up to that.

Excellent musically, indeed! First track was a monster!

Another fucking pantomime act. Someone needs to seriously advise them that you don't necessarily need a gimmick, to ditch the absolute shit name and image (and I use that word politely) and let the music do the talking, which they obviously can

• My Little Pony

Another fucking pantomime act. Someone needs to seriously advise them that you don't necessarily need a gimmick, to ditch the absolute shit name and image (and I use that word politely) and let the music do the talking, which they obviously can

Truu.

Yep the gimmicks put me off a bit too, even if the music is great. I know it shouldn't matter as long as the music is good but I just can't stand bands who constantly take the piss. Having said that, from what I can see and hear, HF1 isn't quite in the same category as Steel Panther.

Eh? Ok the image is gimmicky but how are those songs taking the piss.

All 4 songs sounded like awesome melodic hard rock to me. With 99% straight lyrics.

Jeez i wish every band had this sound.

I truly hope they have a full album soon.

All 4 songs sounded like awesome melodic hard rock to me. With 99% straight lyrics.

Don't get me wrong Glen, I like the music as much as you, great melodic hard rock. The lyrics are not cheesy like SP, but this I hate:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYEhAjK44nl4m9S5fBElTt6KGbJGtrC5VG8yMsOdP2qdD_LHhh

• My Little Pony

Don't get me wrong Glen, I like the music as much as you, great melodic hard rock. The lyrics are not cheesy like SP, but this I hate:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYEhAjK44nl4m9S5fBElTt6KGbJGtrC5VG8yMsOdP2qdD_LHhh

Yeah, that's awful. I hate that shit, too. My friends do that with their cover band, and I think they look ridiculous.

To be honest mate they could be dressed up as pantomime horses if the songs are this great.

Sounds exactly as i imagine Steel Panther would if they played straight songs

LOVE this sound.

To be honest mate they could be dressed up as pantomime horses if the songs are this great.

Sounds exactly as i imagine Steel Panther would if they played straight songs

LOVE this sound.

Fair enough, I get that, and respect your view as well. For me though image does matter and absolutely does have some influence on my listening habits. I'm not saying I won't listen to them but in the back of my mind when listening to HF1 I will always have an image of a bunch of clowns making a mockery of 80s hard rock. What else could they be doing dressed like that and wearing ridiculous wigs? As good as the music is (and I agree, it is good) this image will sour my opinion of them somewhat and lose them a few points in my book.

This band is doomed to fail, when they band themselves after one of Edguy's greatest tracks. They can't live up to that.

Oh, you mean that band that suck 60-50% of the time? In all honesty, I already prefer these guys to Edguy and I don't even own anything from them yet! ;)

Gotta be honest, and I couldn't possibly care less about their image with songs like that. I really couldn't. 99.9% of the time you're just going to be listening to songs on your stereo, so what on earth does it matter what they look like?? ;)

As for any indication that they may be a parody band musically, I don't get that vibe at all. Just straight up strong melodic hard rock songs. Love all 4 of the songs.

They are in my back yard...if I had a big back yard. The sound is great, I'd likely buy a full release.

I wonder if any of the guys in the band were in legit / straight up hair bands in the 80's. Canada sure had it's share of good bands in the 80's.

Oh, you mean that band that suck 60-50% of the time? In all honesty, I already prefer these guys to Edguy and I don't even own anything from them yet! ;)

Gotta be honest, and I couldn't possibly care less about their image with songs like that. I really couldn't. 99.9% of the time you're just going to be listening to songs on your stereo, so what on earth does it matter what they look like?? ;)

As for any indication that they may be a parody band musically, I don't get that vibe at all. Just straight up strong melodic hard rock songs. Love all 4 of the songs.

Agree I don't really hear a parody band vibe here- just good MHR. Their promo photos however look so stupid and ridiculous it makes me cringe...just awful!

Judging from You Tube these guys have been on the cover circuit.....which might explain the wigs et al.....after all there are loads of cover bands which dress up / wear wigs etc to look like their idols.

Seriously though the 4 original songs on Soundcloud sound marvellous (and I detected a few more demos on You Tube which sounded delicious as well) so I do hope they can get a full release together soon and not just an EP.

Agree I don't really hear a parody band vibe here- just good MHR. Their promo photos however look so stupid and ridiculous it makes me cringe...just awful!

Jesus mate, 99% of promo photos make me cringe and they are supposedly being 'serious'.

Jesus mate, 99% of promo photos make me cringe and they are supposedly being 'serious'.

Yeah, I gotta say I'd prefer this promo shot to one of the many (and most) these days where the band looks like my great grandfather and his dad hanging out in the garage.

Mate you make me laugh sometimes.....

You say this, but your favourite release of 2015 was Cats In Space (an absolute shit name) with one of the worst photo shoots I've ever seen which would have 99% of the world's population (outside of our tiny genre) either shaking their heads or falling over themselves laughing

Just saying............ :whistle:

Mate you make me laugh sometimes.....

You say this, but your favourite release of 2015 was Cats In Space (an absolute shit name) with one of the worst photo shoots I've ever seen which would have 99% of the world's population (outside of our tiny genre) either shaking their heads or falling over themselves laughing

Just saying............ :whistle:

Don't forget the part where Lordi is one of his favourite bands. ;) In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Lordi and The Darkness are enjoyed by several of the haters in this thread...