Cheap Trick - Bang Zoom Crazy… Hello

Jez

Cheap Trick's new LP 'Bang Zoom Crazy...Hello' is due out April 1st, just one week before they'll be enshrined into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with an induction ceremony. The band recorded Bang Zoom Crazy… Hello, their 17th studio album and first since 2009's The Latest, with Julian Raymond.

'No Direction Home' is available now as a free download from http://bit.ly/ct-free-download

61bJa1DkvzL._AA160_.jpg

https://youtu.be/4IzfrXKBTjo

• 2 months later...

Cheap Trick is one of my favorite bands, but their output has been hit and miss since 2003 (there's still stuff that I love, though). Having said that, this new one, "When I Wake Up Tomorrow," sounds good.

Depressing song, sounds like one of those awful british bands like the smiths or joy division

Even though I enjoy it, I do know what you mean. I like them more when they have some pep in their step.

Doesn't sound anything like Joy Division or even The Smiths for that matter. I can hear a Bowie influence in there though

Definitely enjoyed that! Looking forward to the album! And, yeah.....definitely a Bowie influence in that last tune!

• 4 weeks later...

Still not sure this is worth picking up....

It sure is worth picking up. Superb album, right back on their game. If you like CT, you'll like this.

I had to really commit to repeated listens of The Greatest until I got into it, but I'm glad I did, because there are some great songs on it.

This may be the same for me, or maybe I was just not in the right mood for The Greatest and that's why it took a while?

Good solid release... not disappointed at all with this one. A couple really cool songs and most of the others are pretty good too. Only one song I just can not get into on this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got this album.

Just listen to my first song off it which was song #3 because that's usually one of the best on any album :)
Still think I just heard a Billy Idol song lol Good though.

Song 4 is on now and that sounds more Cheap Trickish