Eisley/Goldy (Giuffria) - Blood, Guts And Games

Stefan

12376017_977794162276635_454561120556237

Press release from Frontiers Music:

Frontiers Music Srl is thrilled to announce the signing of a new project that sees an alliance between two old friends and legends in the Melodic Rock world. Singer David Glen Eisley and guitarist Craig Goldy, both formerly of GIUFFRIA, have joined forces again in EISLEY / GOLDY, a partnership which will see the two artists bring back the signature sound that launched their careers in the early 80’s.

As David Glen Eisley stated around October 2014, after several years on hiatus after his solo effort in 2001, “My dear friend of many years, guitar virtuoso Craig Goldy made a surprise visit up to my house, knocked on the door and simply stated "Enough of this my friend.. time for you to get up off your ass and come back to work!" He was so adamant I relented and agreed to join him on a small stage in the San Diego area. It all seemed to go well and the next thing I knew a year later, we were in Nottingham, England playing together again in front of a crowd. We had been discussing writing some material for a potential album during this past year. But where to take it? Assuming we were to actually do one, that left a big question... But a simple answer. The BEST Rock & Roll label left on the planet that understood who we were and who we are today. That was Frontiers and our friends Serafino & Mario!! A deal was struck and we both are happy to say "Eisley-Goldy" & friends will be working hard to bring you a new record sometime in 2016. Funny how things happen in this crazy world of Rock & Roll!!”

Will need to hear sounds from this one first to make a call. I feel neither here nor there about it until I hear what it's all about.

Love me some Giuffria-era D.G.E., so I will certainly check this one out.

What I don't understand is why GREGG has never been involved with any sort of "reunion."

Yes, I am familiar his Vegas backstory, etc., but a full-blown Giuffria reunion album would make me VERY happy. I REALLY loved that band when I was in high school.

Will need to hear sounds from this one first to make a call. I feel neither here nor there about it until I hear what it's all about.

Agree

Agree

yep, same for me.......I have my ups and downs with these two guys............sometimes it works and sometimes no so well!

• 5 months later...

As David Glen Eisley stated around October 2014, after several years on hiatus after his solo effort in 2001, “My dear friend of many years, guitar virtuoso Craig Goldy made a surprise visit up to my house, knocked on the door and simply stated "Enough of this my friend.. time for you to get up off your ass and come back to work!" He was so adamant I relented and agreed to join him on a small stage in the San Diego area. It all seemed to go well and the next thing I knew a year later, we were in Nottingham, England playing together again in front of a crowd. We had been discussing writing some material for a potential album during this past year. But where to take it? Assuming we were to actually do one, that left a big question... But a simple answer. The BEST Rock & Roll label left on the planet that understood who we were and who we are today. That was Frontiers and our friends Serafino & Mario!! A deal was struck and we both are happy to say "Eisley-Goldy" & friends will be working hard to bring you a new record sometime in 2016. Funny how things happen in this crazy world of Rock & Roll!!”

5 months into the new year and still no word on this....

• 1 year later...
On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 9:55 PM, Delbert said:

yep, same for me.......I have my ups and downs with these two guys............sometimes it works and sometimes no so well!

Agreed,but now its getting released sounds should follow

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is proud to announce a new project, Eisley/Goldy, who will release their debut album, “Blood, Guts and Games” on December 1, 2017. The first track from the upcoming release, “The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter” is out today!

You can pre-order the release now here: www.frontiers.shop

Singer David Glen Eisley and guitarist Craig Goldy (Resurrection Kings, exRonnie James Dio), both formerly of GIUFFRIA, have joined forces again in EISLEY/GOLDY, a partnership which sees the two artists bring back the signature sound that launched their careers in the early ‘80s.

As David Glen Eisley stated around October 2014, after several years on hiatus after his 2001 solo effort, “My dear friend of many years, guitar virtuoso Craig Goldy made a surprise visit up to my house, knocked on the door and simply stated ‘Enough of this my friend…time for you to get up off your ass and come back to work!’ He was so adamant, I relented and agreed to join him on a small stage in the San Diego area. It all seemed to go well and the next thing I knew a year later, we were in Nottingham, England playing together again in front of a crowd. We had been discussing writing some material for a potential album during this past year. But where to take it, assuming we were to actually do one? That left a big question, but a simple answer. The BEST Rock & Roll label left on the planet that understood who we were and who we are today. That was Frontiers and our friends Serafino & Mario!! A deal was struck and we both are happy to say "Eisley/Goldy" will be bringing you a new record in 2017. Funny how things happen in this crazy world of Rock & Roll!”

Of first single to be released from the album, Goldy says "the song, "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" is a song that I know is very close to Dave's own heart.....because of a very special loved one, who is still in search mode for that "one and only", yet still gets kicked around during that quest! For me....this song can indeed be about anyone who is searching for a special someone....or it can also be about the internal search we all feel at times while trying to uncover what special purpose or calling in life we are on this planet for....and that search, though originally generated from the heart, can often become as treacherous as a hunter in the wild!!!"

Eisley/Goldy are joined on the release by drummer Ron Wikso, whose resume includes The Storm, Foreigner, Cher, David Lee Roth, and more. Original Giuffria bassist Chuck Wright also plays on a few tracks on the album and original Giuffria drummer Alan Krigger is featured in "The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter" music video!

TRACKLISTING:

1. The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter
2. I Don’t Belong Here Anymore
3. Lies I Can Live With
4. No More Prayers In The Night
5. Love Of The Game
6. Wings Of A Hurricane
7. Life, “If Only A Memory”
8. Soul Of Madness
9. Track Thirteen
10. Believe In One Another

PRODUCED BY : Craig Goldy & David Glen Eisley
STUDIO: Boothill Studios: Topanga, Ca - Abbey Normal Studios: San Diego, Ca
RECORDED BY: Craig Goldy & David Glen Eisley
MIXED & MASTERED BY: Alessandro Del Vecchio

BAND MEMBERS: 
Craig Goldy: Guitars & Lead Guitars, Keyboards & Bass
David Glen Eisley: All lead & Background Vocals, additional Guitars, Keyboards, Piano, Bass, Hammond
Ron Wikso: Drums

Sounding pretty good to me,an extension of DGE's solo output,the song sounds familiar though...is this the same tune that Arabia/Scarecrow recorded or jus the same title and different tempo?

• 4 weeks later...