New Junkyard single - "Faded"

tts42572

Always had a bit of a soft spot fort these guys...Loved their debut album and their second album wasn't too bad. Then they sorta feel off my radar.

New single released and sounds pretty similar to their earlier stuff to me. Not sure it's anything overly special but I kinda like the sound of it. If they put out a full album I'd probably give it a chance...

I owned their first two albums for about a decade I reckon, without every really being a fan. What was the name of the ballad on the second album I liked, I wonder?

Anyway, never really a fan at all, but I was curious to hear this. Not a bad song, but definitely not the kind of stuff I'm interested in. And yes, age has been cruel to them...

I owned their first two albums for about a decade I reckon, without every really being a fan. What was the name of the ballad on the second album I liked, I wonder?

Anyway, never really a fan at all, but I was curious to hear this. Not a bad song, but definitely not the kind of stuff I'm interested in. And yes, age has been cruel to them...

This?

I friggin love it. Thanks for the find. I ordered the 7" limited single & the CD single :)

I'm kind of a huge fan...

182.jpg

Indeed and I too am a HUGE fan of the band. always wish I could have scored those XXX and Joker albums when the guitarist was actually making legit ones and shipping them out. Don't have the albums but I do have all the tunes from them plus. I do have the others though and spin them regularly...

The Joker came from their site a few years ago. The XXX is most definitely a bootleg. I can't remember where I got it but I think it was GEMM. It was cheap so I just accepted it so I could have the songs. I do wish I could find a legit one to replace it.

The Joker came from their site a few years ago. The XXX is most definitely a bootleg. I can't remember where I got it but I think it was GEMM. It was cheap so I just accepted it so I could have the songs. I do wish I could find a legit one to replace it.

I think the band is making them again, cdr's of course.

I recall a number of years back their was a big to do about the guitarist not shipping discs and keeping peoples dough. Apparently he did ship out what he had (???) and then commenced to ripping folks off.

Being pessimistic like your GEMM copy I'd wager you'd be hard pressed to find an "original" issue of either one.

Needless to say the band has always been a favorite for me and I am glad to hear some new music. I think David sounds relatively similar to the olden days on the video sample in this thread.

This is one band I am saddened to report that I never saw live. :(

I'll probably get it but I think I would like it better if Chris Gates was still there.

I'm sure he would round out the writing a bit in JY, but he should NEVER "sing" and I would recon his questionable business practices and/or his questionable human being behavior is the crux for his not being in JY any longer.