Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall - Kingdom Of Rock

Stefan

11875228_977184345637381_918530351827686

Press release from Frontiers Music:

Swedish axeman MAGNUS KARLSSON is back with the second album of his solo project FREEFALL entitled “Kingdom of Rock”! Out on Frontiers in November!

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of the sophomore album from MAGNUS KARLSSON’S FREEFALL “Kingdom Of Rock” on November 6th.

Magnus Karlsson is the mastermind behind several Frontiers Music Srl productions, including the successful initial ALLEN/LANDE trilogy, STARBREAKER, BOB CATLEY, KISKE/SOMERVILLE and several others. In 2008, he joined the German Heavy Metal icons PRIMAL FEAR and with them has toured the world and recorded three successful albums that climbed high on the charts in several countries.

For this new album – aptly titled “Kingdom of Rock” - Magnus enlisted again a dream team featuring some of the strongest melodic singers in metal and hard rock! Magnus says: “I didn’t plan to make a second Free Fall album at first but one album wasn’t enough for my wish list of singers… so after the summer last year I started on some ideas. Without pressure or a deadline… just for fun. So I started to look at the list with singers and thought if can I get these guys on board I will work harder than ever before to make the best album I could. I wanted not only some of the best singers I ever heard, but singers that meant a lot to me and that have given me inspiration. For example: Tony Martin and Joe Lynn Turner… I grew up with their music and that made me the musician I am today. It feels unreal to make music with them now!“

The final list includes TONY HARNELL (Skid Row, TNT, Starbreaker), RICK ALTZI (Masterplan, At Vance), DAVID READMAN (Pink Cream 69, Voodoo Circle), JORN LANDE, JAKOB SAMUEL (The Poodles), JOE LYNN TURNER (Rainbow, Malmsteen, Deep Purple), TONY MARTIN (Black Sabbath), HARRY HESS (Harem Scarem) and REBECCA DE LA MOTTE. Rounding out the line-up on the album is Jaime Salazar on drums with production duties handled by Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, Primal Fear, Amaranthe, Pretty Maids and more).

Magnus says, “There is a lot more work in this album. Normally I don’t throw away good ideas. This time I skipped great ideas and replaced it with something better. I don’t want to do the same thing over and over. I want to do something better. I also had a bigger budget for the production and was able to work in great studios. Jacob Hansen did a fantastic job with the mix and mastering and the sound is just what I always wanted. This is not about having big names on the album, this is simply about making the best music I possibly can for the best singers I know!”

The final result “Kingdom of Rock” is a Melodic Metal blast which is truly one of the top releases of its kind in 2015!

facebook

Magnus-Karlssons-Free-Fall-480x467.jpg

Tracklist:

Kingdom Of Rock (Jorn Lande, vocals)

Out Of The Dark (Jakob Samuel, vocals)

No Control (Joe Lynn Turner, vocals)

When The Sky Falls (Tony Martin, vocals)

Angel Of The Night (David Readman, vocals)

I Am Coming For You (Magnus Karlsson, vocals)

Another Life (Rick Altzi, vocals)

Never Look Away (Tony Harnell, vocals)

A Heart So Cold (Harry Hess, vocals)

The Right Moment (Rebecca De La Motte, vocals)

Walk This Road Alone (Magnus Karlsson, vocals)

It doesn't look like he's been devoting much time to Primal Fear over the last couple of years. I'm betting he'll announce his departure from them in the near future. They've already returned Tom Naumann to permanent status again and added Francesco Jovino as their 3rd drummer in a little over a year, so I can't see them waiting around for Karlsson to give them more of his time. He skipped the last Primal Fear tour to spend more time with his family, so it would likely be much easier for him if he were on his own schedule. I just don't see being a member of a band he's not leading affording him that freedom for much longer.

Jeez that sounds average to me. Sounds 100% exactly how I'd think it would sound. Solid, but extremely uninteresting to me.

Will be hard to top his last album since it is one of the best albums ever! The samples sound anythying but average Geoff, give me a break! Extemely high expectations on this one. Can it top the fantastic albums from Eclipse and Symphony X this year? Would not be surprised if he did.

Sorry mate, his stuff just all sounds the same to me. That well produced, formulaic song-writing that's the same on every album. It's solid stuff... but just doesn't excite me one bit. :(

Will be hard to top his last album since it is one of the best albums ever! The samples sound anythying but average Geoff, give me a break! Extemely high expectations on this one. Can it top the fantastic albums from Eclipse and Symphony X this year? Would not be surprised if he did.

Sorry mate, his stuff just all sounds the same to me. That well produced, formulaic song-writing that's the same on every album. It's solid stuff... but just doesn't excite me one bit. :(

Did you actually listen to his album?? Different singers on almost every song. Songs that was written for the singers. It is not a formuaic album, but your post is.

Yeah, defo too metal. I honestly can't remember the album but I know his work and it all sounds the same... no matter who is on vocals. I think that's what annoys me most, that despite a banquet of different vocalists, it all just sounds the same...

Yeah, defo too metal. I honestly can't remember the album but I know his work and it all sounds the same... no matter who is on vocals. I think that's what annoys me most, that despite a banquet of different vocalists, it all just sounds the same...

I guess if you are not interested in some sort of music, you might think it sound the same because you don't listen to the songs with interest. Like those not interested in the rougher kind of metal who think they only scream. Personally I think all the rap albums out there sounds the same, maybe because I hate that kind of music.

I guess if you are not interested in some sort of music, you might think it sound the same because you don't listen to the songs with interest. Like those not interested in the rougher kind of metal who think they only scream. Personally I think all the rap albums out there sounds the same, maybe because I hate that kind of music.

It's not that I'm completely disinterested in the type of music - in theory I quite like it. It just got stale pretty quick. I still like all the Allen/Lande albums, but if I'm being honest I have to admit that I think they're all basically identical bar a lyric or two.

I just think there has been a massive overload of this type of moderately heavy, very well polished Euro hard rock / metal for the past decade or so. Much of it is pretty nice and solid, but I just find it all very by-the-numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting come back,. I don't remember much about the songs of the first album(except last tribe with Richard Bengtsson, ex band mate), but I liked them.

Primal fear don't mean nothing to me, I was a fan of Last tribe.

There are so many incredible singers that I will sure listen this new album.

Magnus is also a good singer,

• 2 weeks later...

yeah nice song, i heard a very strong Sunstorm vibe in it

Yes, and that is a good thing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After the excellent JLT song those 2 are really poor imo.

Still interested in hearing the Hess song.

JTL+ Harnell probably the best. Killer riff +lick + trademark Hess chorus + very good narrative solo (although I expected much more), just one click under the others.

Gawd, hope for the holy wig to get tons of money touring with rainbow, in order to release a new sunstorm!