Mike Tramp - Nomad

Stefan

11295768_991446034229012_801936326586830

From blabbermouth.net:

Former WHITE LION singer Mike Tramp will release a new solo album, "Nomad", on August 28 via Target Records. The follow-up to last year's critically acclaimed "Museum" is Mike's fourth release for Target.

A song from "Nomad" called "High Like A Mountain" can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

According to a press release, "Nomad" sees Tramp "complet[ing] what he calls his trilogy on his journey to show who he is and where he stands. With 'Nomad', Tramp reaches the final step on the ladder he started climbing (with 'Cobblestone Street'), with a full band album, from first to last song."

Says Tramp: "Without the no-compromise [approach] on 'Cobblestone Street' and 'Museum', I would never have found my way home to 'Nomad'. Each previous album gave me the freedom to follow the songs wherever they wanted to go, and with 'Nomad', my vision was clear as a bell. Once again, I just had to be who I am."

Tramp, accompanied by special guests LUCER, will embark on a massive European tour in late summer, consisting of dates in Denmark, Germany, Sweden, England, Netherlands, Belgium, Northen Ireland, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, France and Switzerland.

Mike in February once again squashed any rumors of a WHITE LION reunion, claiming guitarist Vito Bratta had no desire to play music.

"A WHITE LION reunion is impossible," Mike told the Jakarta Globe. "Bratta has shown a negative response [to the idea]. He stopped playing guitar, stopped recording; he is just not interested in music anymore."

Tramp's last attempt to revive WHITE LION resulted in the 2008 album "Return Of The Pride" with new members Jamie Law on guitar, bassist Claus Langeskov, drummer Troy Patrick Farrell and Henning Wanner on keyboards.

"I really love the album but it's just not the sound of WHITE LION," Tramp told Hot Metal back in 2012. "I never really wanted to record under the name of WHITE LION again because so much of the sound and the songwriting came between Vito and I.

"Writing a new album is not sitting there and baking bread. The idea has to come to you. That works well when it's Mike Tramp writing new songs. But WHITE LION has restrictions. It's known for an image, for a sound and so on. You're limited already and that's tough when you go in to do that. I don't want to be that as a songwriter. Then it becomes a pre-fabricated product, then you get KISS. That's not what I want to do in this case."

"There's a big difference between going up and playing classic WHITE LION songs and presenting new WHITE LION songs. WHITE LION isn't there. The sound of WHITE LION when it came to songwriting was Vito Bratta and Mike Tramp. That can't be changed and that will never happen again."

miketramp.dk/home

www.facebook.com/MikeTrampOfficial

miketrampnomadcd.jpg

It's probably lame anyway, Dan! lol Both of those solo albums were soooo boring to me......and I don't have much hope for this being much better.

I'll just save the suspense... this album is going to be fucking shit. Just like all his other solo stuff. Such uninspiring music is what he creates...

Everything Tramp has done has been BLAH!

just put that comment right ;-)

You honestly don't like 'Pride' or 'Mane Attraction?' Why do you dislike good music?

You honestly don't like 'Pride' or 'Mane Attraction?' Why do you dislike good music?

I dont dislike them, but there is so much better from the same period. I can guarantee that in their year of release they will be back in the pack.

I dont dislike them, but there is so much better from the same period. I can guarantee that in their year of release they will be back in the pack.

There's enough filler on 'Mane Attraction' that I doubt it'll stand out in it's year of release, but I'll be surprised if 'Pride' isn't near the top of the list in it's year of release.

There's enough filler on 'Mane Attraction' that I doubt it'll stand out in it's year of release, but I'll be surprised if 'Pride' isn't near the top of the list in it's year of release.

just checked - it's a 1987 release - seriously? near the top of the list?? I doubt it will make the top 25 looking at other releases in 87. we'll see.

Just realised I havent even rated Big Game in '89 lol. Must correct that.

just checked - it's a 1987 release - seriously? near the top of the list?? I doubt it will make the top 25 looking at other releases in 87. we'll see.

I don't have too much of a feel for 1987 yet, but at the moment I can't see why it won't give the top 10 a good nudge. But don't quote me on that yet... would need to see a fuller list to verify that.

As for 'Big Game,' I think you were already correct, omitting that piece of shit from your ratings. ;)

Everything Tramp has done since White Lion has been BLAH!

This I agree with.

Great voice, three fantastic albums with White Lion (and one dud) but his solo stuff (and Freak of Nature) have been really poor. Shame Bratta isn't up for a reunion, or MT can't find another guitarist he can write good rock tunes with.

I don't have too much of a feel for 1987 yet, but at the moment I can't see why it won't give the top 10 a good nudge. But don't quote me on that yet... would need to see a fuller list to verify that.

As for 'Big Game,' I think you were already correct, omitting that piece of shit from your ratings. ;)

It's going to seem like I am doing this on purpose at some point but I have to disagree with Geoff once again. Big Game is just as good as Pride. Main Attraction was good but had way too many fillers.

It's going to seem like I am doing this on purpose at some point but I have to disagree with Geoff once again. Big Game is just as good as Pride. Main Attraction was good but had way too many fillers.

Of course, and 'Big Game' had no fillers. ;)

Saying 'Big Game' is as good as 'Pride' is like saying that having sexual intercourse with a female is as good as having sexual intercourse with a man.

Uhhh... hopefully you nean that the other way around.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:lol:

I did actually notice it, thought about changing it, but thought my point was made. ;)

Saying 'Big Game' is as good as 'Pride' is like saying that having sexual intercourse with a female is as good as having sexual intercourse with a man.

For once I completely agree with Geoff (when the appropriate switch is applied to the analogy). 'Big Game' is by far White Lion's worst album, it was a colossal disappointment following 'Pride', which is one of the finest rock albums ever made. I would rank the White Lion albums thus:

Fight To Survive 8/10

Pride 10/10

Big Game 4/10

Mane Attraction 8/10

Yes, 'Mane Attraction' had a couple of fillers, but it also had some great tunes and some bloody brilliant ones (e.g. "You're All I Need", "It's Over"). I like "Baby Be Mine" from 'Big Game', but I can live without it and the rest of the album is pretty lame.

For once I completely agree with Geoff (when the appropriate switch is applied to the analogy). 'Big Game' is by far White Lion's worst album, it was a colossal disappointment following 'Pride', which is one of the finest rock albums ever made. I would rank the White Lion albums thus:

Fight To Survive 8/10

Pride 10/10

Big Game 4/10

Mane Attraction 8/10

Yes, 'Mane Attraction' had a couple of fillers, but it also had some great tunes and some bloody brilliant ones (e.g. "You're All I Need", "It's Over"). I like "Baby Be Mine" from 'Big Game', but I can live without it and the rest of the album is pretty lame.

I'd predict:

Big Game - 9/10

Mane Attraction - 8/10

Fight To Survive - 6/10

Big Game - 5/10

I agree it is by fair their most shit CD. Only 'Little Fighter' and 'Living on the edge' need to ever be heard again off that one.

• 3 weeks later...

I've really enjoyed a lot of Mike's post WL stuff.

Songs I Left Behind was an amazing CD which surprised me as I expected odds and ends thrown together for a money grab, but it was great.

Capricorn was great

More to Like Than This also great

Recovering The Wasted Years also great

After these I kinda lost interest and feel that he has released too many albums.

Would have been better to release only a couple with great material, but given his unique sand it can be hard work to get into his stuff and I haven't had time :lol:

I do tend admire Tramp for for what he's doing, he seems passionate about his music, but sometimes has a slightly embarrassed and heart-broken look in his eye which gives the impression he just wishes he was still playing in a full band for arena-sized audiences.

Anyway, there's also Rock Candy remasters of White Lion's "Pride" and "Big Game" coming out in August to look forward to...

There was a grand time when he was living in Tasmania for a few years and he'd tour Melbourne regularly.

Kind of like a local band - no hooplah and fun.

• 2 months later...