The Toi - Water Into Wine

Geoff

I don't create many new album threads these days due to the Stefan factor, which is a good thing. But one album that either people have heard and hated, or one that's slipped through the cracks is this one. It's not the best album you ever heard or anything, but definitely worth a mention. They kind of remind me a little bit of last year's surprise package; Maverick.

the-toi-water-into-wine-cd-album-new-roc
Tracklisting:
01. Get On It
02. Come Alive
03. I’m Still Crying
04. Til The Morning Comes
05. The One
06 Staring At The Sun
07. I Think About You
08. Water Into Wine
09. Cold In The Night
10. Down By The River
Hard to find anything on youtube, and sadly the only video appears to be for the weakest song on the album, lol. Not a great advertisement for the band, but here's a taste. But trust me, they're much better than this.
Well there is this one too, that's quite a bit better:
If you can find 'I'm still crying' somewhere on the web, check that one out. My favourite song on the album and about my favourite of the year so far. Love it.

I don't create many new album threads these days due to the Stefan factor, which is a good thing. But one album that either people have heard and hated, or one that's slipped through the cracks is this one. It's not the best album you ever heard or anything, but definitely worth a mention. They kind of remind me a little bit of last year's surprise package; Maverick.

the-toi-water-into-wine-cd-album-new-roc

Tracklisting:

01. Get On It

02. Come Alive

03. Im Still Crying

04. Til The Morning Comes

05. The One

06 Staring At The Sun

07. I Think About You

08. Water Into Wine

09. Cold In The Night

10. Down By The River

Hard to find anything on youtube, and sadly the only video appears to be for the weakest song on the album, lol. Not a great advertisement for the band, but here's a taste. But trust me, they're much better than this.

Well there is this one too, that's quite a bit better:

If you can find 'I'm still crying' somewhere on the web, check that one out. My favourite song on the album and about my favourite of the year so far. Love it.

Saw the maverick comparison and had to listen straight away, sadly though I don't really get the same feeling, sounds okay but nowhere near maverick for me

I actually like both those tracks, dig the vibe. Off to check out the rest of the album....

Me too. Surprised to agree with Geoff again, especially after huge differences of opinion on WWIII, Faster Pussycat and Armored Saint, but I think he's really onto something here. Very impressed.

I've ordered the album directly from the band via facebook for 10 quid, looks like it's the only way to get a physical copy

Yep, same here. Hopefully it's all up to the standard of the songs above.

I've ordered the album directly from the band via facebook for 10 quid, looks like it's the only way to get a physical copy

Yep, same here. Hopefully it's all up to the standard of the songs above.

All better than the first one, imo, and mostly better than the second one too. ;) In my opinion... SHame there's not more on youtube for me to post.

Been listening to this quite a bit for the last couple days, what stands out the most here are the HOOKS

It's not the best production and the verses are ok but when the pre-choruses kick in... man!! Just pure melodic heaven really glad I got this one

Yep, that's what got me about them too. They are very unassuming. It's not the flashiest or, as you say, most immaculately produced and polished product ever, but they just get by on good catchy songs with strong hooks. Which is what's important. They're good.

Another band they kind of remind me of in their prime is Lynn Allen. Kind of no frills; just good hooks.

Good stuff....the singer has a slight similarity to the singer from Disturbance. Will definitely check it out.

No ones mentioned it yet...but whats going on with that album cover?? Very odd.

Originally I thought it was the cover shot for the new Donnie Darko DVD.

donniedarko_gal_cover.jpg

Listening to this now and it's really good. Consistently strong songs, with a couple of really good ones standing out slightly so far in the shape of "The One" and "Staring At The Sun". They barely put a foot wrong. Not sure how this has stayed under the radar for so long while some releases that are just dross receive plenty of attention.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...