WWIII - 1990 debut

Guest theczar

Guest theczar

Anyone else a fan of WWIII's self-titled 1990 album?

Yes, it's slightly absurd and mysognistic and Mandy Lion is a hammier than a pantomime dame, but on the likes of Love You To Death & Call Me Devil it rocks!

A very classy rhythm section too - a good as they come: Jimmy Bain & Vinnie Appice!!

Had it on cassette back in the day, liked it well enough but never got around to upgrading it to CD... "Time For Terror" was a particularly tasty jam if memory serves.

I never owned the CD either. I think I heard the MP3s once but can't remember and like Jez, that probably tells the story.

I enjoy their 2 cd, the one with Marc Storace of Krokus fame singing.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Warrior?? Marc sang on their "Wars of Gods and Men" CD but he never sang for WWIII.

Anyone else a fan of WWIII's self-titled 1990 album?

Yes, it's slightly absurd and mysognistic and Mandy Lion is a hammier than a pantomime dame, but on the likes of Love You To Death & Call Me Devil it rocks!

A very classy rhythm section too - a good as they come: Jimmy Bain & Vinnie Appice!!

Amazing album, absolutely love it. Wish someone would remaster and re-release it.

Vocals are an acquired taste, but only took 2 or 3 listens to get used to them. Absolute classic. "The Harder They Come" is a belter. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtIgpWnVr_U)

(No "insert media" button ... can't seem to paste the Youtube clip in here.)

Guest theczar

Agreed, it's Hair Metal taken to the limit of the genre; I'd also suggest Shotgun Messiah's Violent New Breed as another (but sonically different) example - it might be industrial but the hooks & choruses are pure Sunset Strip refugees.

I have never listened to WWIII. I've heard the name plenty of times. For some reason I just never did. Sounds like I'm probably not missing much.

You are. Massively. Unfortunately the site won't let me post videos, but check out the link above.

Choooooooooon!!!

I am a big fan of Tracy G. so I enjoy the CD for that alone, not really a vocalist I automatically just liked, def had to grow on me, outside of that, musically it just fucking rocks, and I love it.

I am a big fan of Tracy G. so I enjoy the CD for that alone, not really a vocalist I automatically just liked, def had to grow on me, outside of that, musically it just fucking rocks, and I love it.

Top man. Yeah, I didn't like the vocals at first, but they grew on me and now I just love everything about the album. (Apart from the cover version of "Children Of The Revolution", which is eminently skippable.

Mandy Lion is one of the worst vocalists I've ever heard.....and is virtually unlistenable for me. This release is not in my collection either......and THAT says a lot as well. LOL

I remember getting the solo disc by George Lynch and listening to it and then when it came to the track with Mandy Lion on it, I just couldn't believe that George Lynch would ruin a song on his solo disc by having this guy attempt to sing on it!! lol

But...as always...I understand 'different strokes for different folks'....and....'to each their own'.....but I don't get it....lol