Luton sucks!

Stefan

You think Luton is bad? Try Staines. Or Harlow :yuck:

What are you doin there mate ? :D

Just passing through. I stayed for 6 days in London last week with my family and one day we visited ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. When we got back from the zoo there was all kinds of trouble in Luton (on our way back to London). If you've ever visited the zoo you know it's located near Luton.

On top of it all it was the hottest day of the year in the London region. 26 degrees Celsius.

I burnt myself in the sun...

London goes a bit mad the minute the sun comes out ... and the trains stop running properly because of 'the heat' ... *rolls eyes* ..

• My Little Pony

Nice thread to remind me why I'm happy I don't live in the UK any more.

Though visiting York this weekend , which always brings back good memories.

York is beautiful. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

26 degrees Celsius?! :yikes:

How did you even survive that one, mate? ;)

Barely.

Isn't that the winter temperature where you live, G?

:P

Pretty much. ;) In all honesty, though, 26 degrees celcius is basically the perfect temperature for me. Not too cold, and not too hot. Just a nice place in the middle.

London goes a bit mad the minute the sun comes out ... and the trains stop running properly because of 'the heat' ... *rolls eyes* ..

Haha! We truly live on the upside down version of that here in Australia. The moment a drop of rain falls the trains here all explode and they can't move anymore and every single one has to be delayed or cancelled completely. Apparently trains and tracks in Australia are not waterproof.

That's exactly what happened to us!

One of the headaches: the bloody trains were cancelled. Several times. We waited about 1 hour in bloody Luton 'cause of that.

The kids were tired, the grown-ups were tired, everybody in the freaking town were tired...

One of the headaches: the bloody trains were cancelled. Several times. We waited about 1 hour in bloody Luton 'cause of that.

The kids were tired, the grown-ups were tired, everybody in the freaking town were tired...

I'm just waiting for it to get a bit warmer, 'cause THEN the overhead wires apparently sag in the heat ... which means that the trains can't run ...

You couldn't make it up!

Haha! We truly live on the upside down version of that here in Australia. The moment a drop of rain falls the trains here all explode and they can't move anymore and every single one has to be delayed or cancelled completely. Apparently trains and tracks in Australia are not waterproof.

If our rail companies ever start buying up rolling stock from Down Under, this country is f***ked! :)

I'm just waiting for it to get a bit warmer, 'cause THEN the overhead wires apparently sag in the heat ... which means that the trains can't run ...

You couldn't make it up!

its as bad in the winter - one leaf on the line and the trains stop (although my line is pretty good now) and a sprinkle of snow and the country grinds to a halt.

26 is very nice, I get around 29-35 all year round here, no winter is good but when it's hot, it's hot :D

I can't explain to you how much I envy your lack of winter. I've said it since I was born and will say it till I pass, but if I had the money to do it, I would never experience winter again in my life.

15 degrees? Holy shit mate, that's the depths of winter despair in Australia. In fact, I'd hope it rarely, if ever, gets that low in terms of daytime temps. Horrid.

15 degrees? Holy shit mate, that's the depths of winter despair in Australia. In fact, I'd hope it rarely, if ever, gets that low in terms of daytime temps. Horrid.

When we got back home last weekend, the temperature was 2 degrees...

May the summer come tomorrow!

I live on the east coast and can see the sea from where i'm sitting. If there is an easterly coming in the wind chill can be vicious. Last week the ambient was around 10 degrees but the wind chill halved that easily and it's supposed to be spring. It was nice yesterday though.