Luton sucks!

Stefan

London goes a bit mad the minute the sun comes out ... and the trains stop running properly because of 'the heat' ... *rolls eyes* ..

That's exactly what happened to us!

One of the headaches: the bloody trains were cancelled. Several times. We waited about 1 hour in bloody Luton 'cause of that.

The kids were tired, the grown-ups were tired, everybody in the freaking town were tired...

I'm just waiting for it to get a bit warmer, 'cause THEN the overhead wires apparently sag in the heat ... which means that the trains can't run ...

You couldn't make it up!

its as bad in the winter - one leaf on the line and the trains stop (although my line is pretty good now) and a sprinkle of snow and the country grinds to a halt.

Which line do you use, Glen? I use the Liverpool Street line, and it's been a bit of a joke recently (especially in the evening) ... it's like they're surprised if it rains/snows or if it's hot ...

London goes a bit mad the minute the sun comes out ... and the trains stop running properly because of 'the heat' ... *rolls eyes* ..

That's exactly what happened to us!

One of the headaches: the bloody trains were cancelled. Several times. We waited about 1 hour in bloody Luton 'cause of that.

The kids were tired, the grown-ups were tired, everybody in the freaking town were tired...

I'm just waiting for it to get a bit warmer, 'cause THEN the overhead wires apparently sag in the heat ... which means that the trains can't run ...

You couldn't make it up!

its as bad in the winter - one leaf on the line and the trains stop (although my line is pretty good now) and a sprinkle of snow and the country grinds to a halt.

Which line do you use, Glen? I use the Liverpool Street line, and it's been a bit of a joke recently (especially in the evening) ... it's like they're surprised if it rains/snows or if it's hot ...

Fen St line.........used to be horrid in the early 90s but it rocks ever since c2c had control. Modern air conditioned trains and runs around 97% on time...which is about as good as it gets. Can't complain really. Except when it snows of course....but that's par for the course in the UK.

• 1 year later...

So me and my family are going to London next weekend and I hope we stay clear of bloody Luton.

Enjoy London, it's a great city, but avoid Satans Hell Hole at all costs ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So me and my family are going to London next weekend and I hope we stay clear of bloody Luton.

Did you avoid Luton in the end? Or did you decide to give it another chance?

i got back today and thank God I managed to avoid stinking Luton.

i got back today and thank God I managed to avoid stinking Luton.

Hahaha. I've only ever seen a bit of Luton - travelling from the train station to the airport. Not the prettiest part of England by any stretch of the imagination!