ISSA - Crossfire

Stefan

Finding it all but impossible to listen to. Could be the best songs ever but she really doesn't need to try and demonstrate how high she can sing all the time. I usually love my female vocalists but I just can't listen to her.

Wonder what happens if I put the speaker under a pillow , might make it listenable.

Yep...pretty much my feelings too

Some really good songs wasted.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lens-in-the-face shots are anything but complimentary, but she does have a nice bust, hey? Anyway, I think this song is fantastic. Sure, Vega would be better, but this is just a great song.

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Where the f*ck are all these criticisms coming from? I don't recall a single person complaining about her voice on the previous albums. Mind you, I haven't listened to this one, but did something go seriously wrong between releases?

I'll say it again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her voice on this or any of her other albums and really don't understand at all the fuss being made here. Granted, she's certainly no Ann Wilson, and it does really help when the songs are as good as they are on the new album, but there really isn't a problem here whatsoever.

The fact is Glen actually loved it very much but he's embarrassed to admit it, because his brother is a true metal fans and a blasphemy to like this :D

Not a true metal fan...a fan of quality melodic rock with good singers ;-)

I actually got annoyed with myself while I was listening to this today. It's my 2nd favourite album of the year so far and I have done nothing but love it, and have really enjoyed all Issa's releases, but I'd found myself wondering if there was some merit to all the rubbishy vocal talk here. But as I listened to the disc, I was just irritated that I'd let the thoughts even remotely enter my head.

This is just excellent melodic rock, and like Jez says, I have never had an issue with her voice before and still don't. Vega was my favourite disc of last year, and this is just a slightly lighter version of Vega with female vocals. It can do nothing but be a favourite of mine. Delicious.

I felt like this with Winger when people were saying it was weak.

You like what you like mate....dont let others influence you. Its fun discussing who likes what, but I never go out with the intention of changing peoples opinion or making them dislike something they like.

Thats why I butted out of the Care of Night thread....sometimes youve said enough already

Cheers

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I was never going to start disliking the Issa disc, but there were just those seeds in my head that maybe her voice wasn't that great, even if it never was an issue for me before. But I truly have no issue with it at all, and I truly love the songs on this CD. From start to end, consistent as hell.