ISSA - Crossfire

Stefan

Oh dear I just listened to the song.

Well my 8 year old daughter quite liked it....I think I'll pass though....its pleasant enough but just sounds like something from Hannah Montana. Lol

I have to agree Glen!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Well my 8 year old daughter quite liked it....I think I'll pass though....its pleasant enough but just sounds like something from Hannah Montana. Lol

I have to agree Glen!

Does Hannah Montana make music this good? Who are they? I'll have to look into that.

Oh dear I just listened to the song.Well my 8 year old daughter quite liked it....I think I'll pass though....its pleasant enough but just sounds like something from Hannah Montana. Lol

I have to agree Glen!
Does Hannah Montana make music this good? Who are they? I'll have to look into that.

Ok Neverending Story....perhaps a closer description ;-)

• My Little Pony

Oh dear I just listened to the song.Well my 8 year old daughter quite liked it....I think I'll pass though....its pleasant enough but just sounds like something from Hannah Montana. Lol

I have to agree Glen!

Ok Neverending Story....perhaps a closer description ;-)

You bastard! Hannah Montana is that Billy Ray Cyrus daughter.

So, uh, Glen. Awkward question... but, uh, how does it feel, knowing your daughter has better taste in music than you? ;)

Seriously, though, if you think that sounds like a fairytale, you're kidding yourself if you think it's that far removed from a WOA song like 'How will I know,' or, well, basically any AOR song every released. Yes, it's good family friendly (including kids) music, but what AOR isn't? If it wasn't fluffy and friendly and gay it wouldn't be AOR! ;)

You can tell the Martins were writing cos that new horizon track sounds like Vega.

Vocals are a bit weak for me though.

Damn. I agree again with Glen! Music isn't that terrible but her vocals are very weak.

I agree she isn't the best singer in the world, but I would take her any day of the week over the awful crop of female singers from last year (Adrenaline Rush, X-tasy etc.). Yeah, she's okay.

Yeah agreed. Issa seems like a really nice person and its great that she is recording this style of music, but her vocals are pretty weak which is a shame.

I saw her duet on that From The Fire song at Firefest and it wasnt that great if Im honest.

I love the sound of that New Horizon tune, but part of me wishes it would be saved for the next Vega album.

Issa has girly vocal, at times reminds you of the early days of Britney Spears or Mandy Moore haha songs are great, probably gonna be her strongest to date ? Lookin' forward to hear the full album

• 2 weeks later...

She's gone and done it. Finally released an album I am very very pleased to listen too all the way through. Lots of tasty tunes on here from the Martin Bros. and some of this is very Vega like musically. I do really think her vocal performances on here are pretty good overall, 'Fight Fire With Rain' especially I thought she sounded really good. The Martin Bros. input is excellent, especially on some of the arranging and I love the subtle keyboard parts throughout, which are very very impressive indeed. Nice smooth yet punchy production too. Her best album by a mile

I think the debut will still hold top spot for me, but who knows in time? I also think this is excellent. It's offered up my best first impression so far of the year. I agree with Jez that it does have a strong (lighter) Vega style, which is obviously a magnificent thing.

The whole album is very good, but jeez, tracks 7-11 are basically pure AOR/melodic rock bliss. Each of those five last songs are particularly fantastic. This one makes four great albums released so far this year. Excellent addition.

Well Ive just given this a good few spins on Spotify.

This album annoys me in a way because some of the songs are really good, but what ruins it for me is ISSA's weak weak vocal. Ive never liked her strained squeaky style :-(

Part of me wishes that great tracks like 'New Horizon' had been saved for the next Vega album cos it would have been much better with Workman singing. Even the slightly weird 'Electric Lights' might have worked given the big Vega sound and ditching the dodgy keyboards in the middle...

That said, there are some nice AOR tunes on the album - really like 'Ghost Inside My Heart' for example...pretty lush sounding track. 'Raintown' is a great track with some really cool vocals from Overland. Jez is probably right in that she sounds best on 'Fight Fire with Rain' which again is a pretty cool easy going track (nice touch with the piano and guitar solo together - I like that).

Some of the more AOR by numbers tracks are a bit samey....'Heartbeat' and 'Red Lights' are basically the same song with different lyrics.

The only real filler is 'Long Time Coming' which is a bit painful. Oh yeah and I still can't stand 'Crossfire'....dreadful. Sorry but it just reminds me of really girly girly soppy teenager music.....I'd get crucified if my bro heard me listening to this and if the wife found out I'd never live it down lol.

Yeah, its pretty good, but not sure how much I'll be reaching for this album with what's coming in 2015.

Yeah, seems a bit more pop rock than hard rock. I've enjoyed some of her songs from her other albums but I don't think this song will be one of them.

I'm not a huge fan of her vocals either, but I agree with what I said above, and I think she's better than most vocalists in "our genre" at the moment. What that says about the other vocalists, I don't know. But she's better than any female vocalist who released a CD in 2014 (from "our genre").

Anyway, like I said, not a massive fan of her voice, but I can understand her words and I don't find her bad as such, just not great. But she's okay by me.

As for the Overland track - so it's just me? I thought he sounded awful. Not so much his fault - it just sounded really bad an loud and bad in the song. Just bad. I actually looked forward to Issa's parts in that song; 'Raintown.' Not my favourite song, though, and I agree that 'Heartbeat' is very, very basic too.

Anyway, I like the album.

And Glen, seriously, shame on you for caring what your brother and his wife think of your taste in music. Isn't that more childish than liking sappy pop songs? :lol: I stopped caring about shit like that before Hanna Montana was even born (literally, I assume).

Knowing how awful most people's taste in music is, I would never care at all what anyone thought of my taste in music.

Generally I dont....but those 2 I do.

Out of curiosity, what does your brother and wife listen to? I can't even fathom caring what my brothers think of my taste in music (they're my brothers, first of all!). :lol: One listens to hip hop, acoustic and 70's rock, and the other listens to who knows what - just dreadful radio indie pop/rock. Love those dudes, but what they think of my taste in music is completely irrelevant because of how poorly I think of their musical choices. ;)

Out of curiosity, what does your brother and wife listen to? I can't even fathom caring what my brothers think of my taste in music (they're my brothers, first of all!). :lol: One listens to hip hop, acoustic and 70's rock, and the other listens to who knows what - just dreadful radio indie pop/rock. Love those dudes, but what they think of my taste in music is completely irrelevant because of how poorly I think of their musical choices. ;)

My bro listens to everything I do. He is the main reason i'm a rocker at heart.

But if he caught me listening to a Hannah Montana wannabe, he'd probably disown me lol.

My wife likes Iron Maiden........she would just snigger and tell everyone I like Lily's music (she's 8).

• My Little Pony

My bro listens to everything I do. He is the main reason i'm a rocker at heart.

But if he caught me listening to a Hannah Montana wannabe, he'd probably disown me lol.

My wife likes Iron Maiden........she would just snigger and tell everyone I like Lily's music (she's 8).

That's rough.

Much like the people here, everyone I interact with thinks I listen to shit music, so I don't try to seek approval.

Finding it all but impossible to listen to. Could be the best songs ever but she really doesn't need to try and demonstrate how high she can sing all the time. I usually love my female vocalists but I just can't listen to her.

Wonder what happens if I put the speaker under a pillow , might make it listenable.