ISSA - Crossfire

Stefan

issa-crossfire.jpg

Frontiers pressrelease:

Frontiers Music Srl is excited to present “Crossfire” the brand new studio album from ISSA the popular Melodic Rock Norwegian singer, which will be released on the label on February 20th in Europe and February 24th 2015 in North America.

This new release goes straight in a classic Melodic Rock / AOR musical direction with huge vocals, layers of keyboards and masses of guitars! Think ROXETTE meets ROMEO’S DAUGHTER melted with 80’s HEART albums, with a more up to date production and you won't be far away.

The album has been carefully produced by John Greatwood along with VEGA ivory-tinkler James Martin. Sessions started in early 2013 with a bunch of songs ISSA had co-written or demoed in the Martin Brothers songwriting sessions

Issa says: “After 5 years of working together with Tom and James, we had come up with a collection of songs I had to keep for myself.'' One song in particular sees ISSA teaming up with FM vocalist Steve Overland on the dramatic ballad “Raintown”. “This was a dream come true for me,” tells the Norwegian chanteuse. “Steve Overland is probably my favorite male singer and to get him on board was a true honor, his voice suits the song perfectly, wait till you hear this one!”

Other guest musicians stepped up when asked upon to perform solo's include Daniel Palmqvist (XORIGIN), Alessandro Del Vecchio (HARDLINE), Steve Newman (NEWMAN), Robert Sall (WORK OF ART), Daniel Johansson (DEGREED), Stephen Chesney. As well as powerhouse choir including Pete Newdeck (IN FAITH/TAINTED NATION), Matt Black (FAHRAN) and Michael Kew (VEGA).

Look out for the moody and slick “New Horizon,” the ballsy rocker ''Electric Lights'' and the spine tingling ''Ghost Inside my Heart',' not forgetting the song with a million dollar chorus “Heartbeat”, plus the video track “Crossfire”. You can enjoy now the album EPK with an Issa interview and samples of new songs on Youtube.

“Crossfire” tracklisting includes: Crossfire; New Horizon; Raintown; Long Time Coming; Fight Fire With Rain; Heartbeat; Electric Lights; Ghost; Inside My Heart; Red Lights; We Rise; Only You.

ISSA:
Issa - vocals and bv's
James Martin – Keyboards
Tom Martin - bass and Guitars
Michael Cruise – Drums
Special guest: Steve Overland – duet on “Raintown”

Produced by John Greatwood and James Martin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love both albums so far, and I even really dig the covers disc too, to be honest. I think this'll be another great one. Those two Martin guys in the band is basically a guarantee for some pretty fantastic songs.

I'm pretty sure they always have been around in some capacity, at least in the song writing. But I'd have to check the song writing credits, and as the CDs are in the garage that won't happen now. But the songs on that debut have the kind of class I associate with these guys all over it.

• My Little Pony

Who the fuck is this chick? Never heard of her.

:anon:

But I definitely would tap it!! :hitit:

Where the hell have you been? (Don't say jail, 'cause that's Cody's thing.)

Who the fuck is this chick? Never heard of her.

:anon:

But I definitely would tap it!! :hitit:

Where the hell have you been? (Don't say jail, 'cause that's Cody's thing.)

Seriously though. She's married to a musician dude. Okay.... so you guys say this will be her 3rd release.... I might have to check it out.

The new one will be the 4th release, though the 3rd album is a (very, very good and worthwhile) covers album. It's a good one because she covers already brilliant songs, some more obscure than others. But it's a good collection and it's good to hear these great songs modernised with female vocals. Worthy covers album, and that's saying a lot considering I generally don't like covers discs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy shit. Aside from the song being fucking awesome, like I knew it would be, that's actually really sexy. In a nice and simple, but in a super sexy way that's working absolute wonders for me. :wub:

My favourite video in an age.

I'm waiting for a really big album from her. All of her releases so far have showed real promise without really blowing me away, so hopefully this will be the one. That song it must be said, is damned good.

• My Little Pony

Holy shit. Aside from the song being fucking awesome, like I knew it would be, that's actually really sexy. In a nice and simple, but in a super sexy way that's working absolute wonders for me. :wub:

Um, alright. Sorry, but I'm not attracted to this girl. I'm happy she gets you excited. though.

That song, however, is fantastic!

Um, alright. Sorry, but I'm not attracted to this girl. I'm happy she gets you excited. though.

Don't get me wrong - I don't have posters of her on my wall or follow her on twitbook or anything. To be honest, I've only ever really thought of her looks in passing before. It's not that she looks stunningly attractive in the clip or anything - I just find it nice, and sexy. The way she moves, her chest... her vibe. I dunno, it's all just working for me in this particular video.

Don't get me wrong - I don't have posters of her on my wall or follow her on twitbook or anything. To be honest, I've only ever really thought of her looks in passing before. It's not that she looks stunningly attractive in the clip or anything - I just find it nice, and sexy. The way she moves, her chest... her vibe. I dunno, it's all just working for me in this particular video.

Izzy > Issa

[or maybe both!]

Izzy > Issa

[or maybe both!]

Now its getting real sexy.

Oh dear I just listened to the song.

Well my 8 year old daughter quite liked it....I think I'll pass though....its pleasant enough but just sounds like something from Hannah Montana. Lol