Sixx:A.M. - Modern Vintage

Stefan

sixxam.jpg

From blabbermouth.net:

"Gotta Get It Right", the new single from SIXX: A.M., the band featuring MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx alongside guitarist DJ Ashba and vocalist James Michael, can be streamed below. The track, which is now available on iTunes, is taken from SIXX: A.M.'s third album, "Modern Vintage", due on October 7 via Eleven Seven Music.

Says Sixx: "Like our favorite bands from the 1970s, SIXX: A.M. is rooted in songwriting, musicianship and lyrics — three core elements that helped to define that era. SIXX: A.M. has taken even more pages from this book on 'Gotta Get It Right' and the rest of 'Modern Vintage', having hopefully created a record that demands to be discovered again and again."

The video for "Gotta Get It Right" was directed by Paul Brown in mid-June and will premiere on VEVO on August 6.

Says Michael, who also produced "Modern Vintage": "On the first two albums, SIXX: A.M. established a musical freedom that few bands get to enjoy. 'Gotta Get It Right' is clearly a birth child of that creative freedom and an exciting next step for us as our goal was to create something which confounds both expectation and categorization." Ashba adds: "'Gotta Get it Right' is a great example of how SIXX: A.M. has set out to celebrate the music that has influenced us over the years and we truly feel we've made a genre-defying album with 'Modern Vintage'."

http://sixxammusic.com/

https://www.facebook.com/sixxammusic?rf=108199545868945

sixxammodernvintagecdnew.jpg

Tracks:

01. Stars
02. Gotta Get It Right
03. Relief
04. Get Ya Some
05. Let's Go
06. Drive
07. Give Me A Love
08. Hyperventilate
09. High On The Music
10. Miracle
11. Before It's Over

I must admit I've avoided all SIXX: A.M. releases. I'm not sure why...just never given them the time. Which SIXX: A.M. disc is worth checking out first?

I must admit I've avoided all SIXX: A.M. releases. I'm not sure why...just never given them the time. Which SIXX: A.M. disc is worth checking out first?

Their debut was great. YouTube Life Is Beautiful and see what you think.

Excellent, I'll check it out. Cheers. ☺

Excellent, I'll check it out. Cheers. ☺

:party421:

Well I'll just say it. I kinda hate that song - sounds like shit. BUT, I do really like their first 2 discs. And this was basically my favourite song of 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P65vouRrEC8

• 2 weeks later...

I was the same til a few days ago when I saw them mentioned on another site and checked them out. First song I heard was Life is Beautiful and was blown away by it. Who would've thought Nikki would have so much melody flowing through his veins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've enjoyed the first two Sixx A.M. discs....but this one, well....I'm glad I didn't but it. It does nothing for me......

Yeah something off about it, I think this one's totally disappointed, a 65% if I still recall.

I swear there are few tracks that could fit in a Madonna album, damn hahaha too bad Nikki :(

Let's just be honest and call this the shit that it is. Most of it sounds exactly like when Butch Walker turned to shit. That honkey tonk fuck off rubbish or whatever you want to call it. Some of those shitty songs are saved by okay choruses, but overall this album was a massive letdown, after enjoying the first two.

My advice is to rip 'Stars, 'Relief,' 'Drive' and 'Give me love' onto you iPod, call it a good EP and forget the rest of the album exists, because the rest of it is shit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Interesting what bands catch on this forum and the ones that don't. To me, this is a pretty good band and I'm a bit surprised, on a forum where bands like Shiraz Lane and Bad City are appreciated, there seems to be no interest in these guys. Good band that does, for whatever reason, remind me of the likes of the aforementioned Bad City.  There's a bit of hit and miss about the debut and it's far from perfect, but a pretty cool band worthy of mention and interest on a forum such as this.  Anyway, this was one of my favourites of the album- For die-hards, I stumbled across this non-album track.  
    • New video for 'I Will Be Stronger' feat. Joel Hoekstra.    
    • Very nice piece of modern rock on offer here. Lot to like on this one.  Fame on Fire     -    Welcome to the Chaos 1    .    Intro 2    .    Welcome to the Chaos (feat. Spencer Charnas of Ice Nine Kills) 3    .    Ketamine 4    .    Cut Throat 5    .    Emo Shit (feat. Kody Lavigne) 6    .    Lost In Doubt 7    .    Robbery 8    .    Signs 9    .    Plastic Heart 10    .    Rotting Away 11    .    Back Then 12    .    Jaded 13    .    Dead or Alive      
    • Welcome, album of the year? Love this project with vigour. I snuck 'Saturday' on the playlist I put on with the kids in the car, lol. Can't wait to hear any of the songs I haven't already heard and showered in love from this. 
    • Did anyone notice these guys released another new album?  As expected, it's pretty weak and more proof of their solid decline.  HOWEVER!  There is actually a good song on it. It's only one, but I kind of clapped and cheered when I heard this. I used to love these guys so much, and still love the albums I always loved from these guys but it's been some barren years. It was good to hear them do what they used to do with great ease.      
    • Couple of okay songs, but otherwise as expected above. No surprises, exactly what you'd expect from these guys in 2022.     
    • Not every song is a hit, but another pretty decent one mini-album. I like some of the gear on this one.  Villain of the Story     -    Divided 1    .    Never Again 2    .    Jester 3    .    Karma 4    .    Under My Skin 5    .    Losing Control 6    .    Wrong 7    .    Don't Go 8    .    Divided    
    • Not sure if folk know, but they got back together and released an EP this year. Anberlin     -    Silverline 1    .    Two Graves 2    .    Nothing Lost 3    .    Body Language 4    .    Asking 5    .    Circles It's not amazing, but I do really like this song from it-  
    • Not an amazing album, but pretty solid with a couple of very nice tunes-     They have a very comprehensive youtube channel for anyone unsure and wanting to give everything a listen- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYECJVZLOQebjAuj_HMKLjg  
    • Credit must be given where it's due, and I do like the effort put into this one. To be frank, I thought the first 5 songs were pretty shit. All the while I was listening, wondering what became of these guys. The most frustrating song of those first few is 'Eternal.' I wrote in my little ratings thing that it almost sounds to me like these guys are trying to sound bad because, otherwise, this is a pretty good song. But it's just done poorly.  Anyway, I want to be fair to these guys and I have to say, that from song 6 the mood in the room seems to lift and they start to give it a fair crack. They drop the mopey post-grunge blandom and have a crack at some decent melodic type of rock. Spoiler alert - I don't actually think there's a keeper track on the album, but holy shit they get close.  'Temples,' 'Alive,' 'Heaven Knows' and 'Someone's watching over me' are all, four in a row, good, strong songs. And then 'Love Is The Only Place' hits and I was taken aback. Unfortunately, they're not the band they used to be and I am 100% convinced they couldn't hit the heights of the debut even if they did everything possible to try... but goodness do they get close with this track. A bit of polish and finesse and this one wouldn't be a bad stab at what they did so well on their debut.  Sadly, the album's worst song follows in 'The Undertaker' - what a piece of shit, lol. Really grates me because this is the discussion point I've had with christians that aggravates me the most, and it's in a song, so naturally I hate it. And then 'Afterlife' isn't amazing, but pretty decent. Before the album finishes on a high, with one of the best songs on the album with a nice hook - 'Strange New World.' So overall, like I say, credit where it's due. After the first few songs I was close to closing up shop and calling this a pass, but thankfully, they took me on a ride and it was pretty cool. They're a dim shadow of the band they used to be, to be totally fair, but I like that they showed a bit of fight with this album. Better than expected. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.