Sixx:A.M. - Modern Vintage

Stefan

sixxam.jpg

From blabbermouth.net:

"Gotta Get It Right", the new single from SIXX: A.M., the band featuring MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx alongside guitarist DJ Ashba and vocalist James Michael, can be streamed below. The track, which is now available on iTunes, is taken from SIXX: A.M.'s third album, "Modern Vintage", due on October 7 via Eleven Seven Music.

Says Sixx: "Like our favorite bands from the 1970s, SIXX: A.M. is rooted in songwriting, musicianship and lyrics — three core elements that helped to define that era. SIXX: A.M. has taken even more pages from this book on 'Gotta Get It Right' and the rest of 'Modern Vintage', having hopefully created a record that demands to be discovered again and again."

The video for "Gotta Get It Right" was directed by Paul Brown in mid-June and will premiere on VEVO on August 6.

Says Michael, who also produced "Modern Vintage": "On the first two albums, SIXX: A.M. established a musical freedom that few bands get to enjoy. 'Gotta Get It Right' is clearly a birth child of that creative freedom and an exciting next step for us as our goal was to create something which confounds both expectation and categorization." Ashba adds: "'Gotta Get it Right' is a great example of how SIXX: A.M. has set out to celebrate the music that has influenced us over the years and we truly feel we've made a genre-defying album with 'Modern Vintage'."

http://sixxammusic.com/

https://www.facebook.com/sixxammusic?rf=108199545868945

sixxammodernvintagecdnew.jpg

Tracks:

01. Stars
02. Gotta Get It Right
03. Relief
04. Get Ya Some
05. Let's Go
06. Drive
07. Give Me A Love
08. Hyperventilate
09. High On The Music
10. Miracle
11. Before It's Over

I must admit I've avoided all SIXX: A.M. releases. I'm not sure why...just never given them the time. Which SIXX: A.M. disc is worth checking out first?

Their debut was great. YouTube Life Is Beautiful and see what you think.

I must admit I've avoided all SIXX: A.M. releases. I'm not sure why...just never given them the time. Which SIXX: A.M. disc is worth checking out first?

Excellent, I'll check it out. Cheers. ☺

Excellent, I'll check it out. Cheers. ☺

:party421:

Well I'll just say it. I kinda hate that song - sounds like shit. BUT, I do really like their first 2 discs. And this was basically my favourite song of 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P65vouRrEC8

• 2 weeks later...

I was the same til a few days ago when I saw them mentioned on another site and checked them out. First song I heard was Life is Beautiful and was blown away by it. Who would've thought Nikki would have so much melody flowing through his veins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've enjoyed the first two Sixx A.M. discs....but this one, well....I'm glad I didn't but it. It does nothing for me......

Let's just be honest and call this the shit that it is. Most of it sounds exactly like when Butch Walker turned to shit. That honkey tonk fuck off rubbish or whatever you want to call it. Some of those shitty songs are saved by okay choruses, but overall this album was a massive letdown, after enjoying the first two.

My advice is to rip 'Stars, 'Relief,' 'Drive' and 'Give me love' onto you iPod, call it a good EP and forget the rest of the album exists, because the rest of it is shit.