9. Midnight Runner
10. The Cause Of Liberty
11.Dancing With Danger
12.Silver Rain

Soundclips:

Double Agent

Magical Feeling

On With The Show

I am not the worlds biggest AOR fan, but when I saw these guys a few years back supporting another band, I was impressed enough to buy both their albums.

Last woman standing was great, so if its a continuation of that, I will be happy.

Now that's great news! Bring it on!! :)

Yeah, last album was excellent. Did I read there had been a line-up change in this band (a significant one) since that last CD, or are we still dealing with the same guys? I sure hope so as this will definitely be something to look forward to.

The drummer changed not long after the 2nd album came out I believe, and they added a bassist (Roos played bass as well as vocals). Everything else is the same I believe.

• 2 months later...

I've listened through the whole album yesterday and it seems to be a cracker. Still not a huge fan of the vocals but otherwise not much to complain about. Some really great songs here!

I might even have to go back and re-visit L.W.S which got an impressive 35% rating from yours truly :whistle:

It's a good solid album with some cracking tracks like the near 8 minute 'The Cause Of Liberty', 'Dancing With Danger', 'Magical Feeling' and 'Edge Of The World'. The ballads are good too, although non are as good as the magical 'Til We Meet Again' from the last album. I'm not so keen on the vocals either as they are a bit nasally and one dimensional, but the rest of the band put on a good show and the whole disc sounds terrific..

It's a good solid album with some cracking tracks like the near 8 minute 'The Cause Of Liberty', 'Dancing With Danger', 'Magical Feeling' and 'Edge Of The World'. The ballads are good too, although non are as good as the magical 'Til We Meet Again' from the last album. I'm not so keen on the vocals either as they are a bit nasally and one dimensional, but the rest of the band put on a good show and the whole disc sounds terrific..

Cheers to that mate :drink:

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

I don't recall loving Last Woman Standing. Maybe I should revisit that one. And an eight minute AOR track definitely sounds exciting, so I'll have to check out this one.

Kim, can you please show me how on earth you came up with a 35% for 'Last woman standing?' Holy wowser mate, that's not just a mild dislike of an album, that's pure hatred. I'd be interested to see how on earth you came to that score. I've never rated it yet, but I'd guess for me it'd be very close to 90%. Great disc.

As for the new one, it's one of my favourites of the year. The title track was instantly one of my favourite songs of the entire year - what a chorus!! Elsewhere, 'Love reflector,' 'Don't let it end' and 'Dancing with danger' are every bit as good. But there's nothing weak on this, and overall, really great disc. Not as good as 'LWS,' but with the help of a few really killer tracks, it's not far off.

Kim, can you please show me how on earth you came up with a 35% for 'Last woman standing?' Holy wowser mate, that's not just a mild dislike of an album, that's pure hatred. I'd be interested to see how on earth you came to that score. I've never rated it yet, but I'd guess for me it'd be very close to 90%. Great disc.

As for the new one, it's one of my favourites of the year. The title track was instantly one of my favourite songs of the entire year - what a chorus!! Elsewhere, 'Love reflector,' 'Don't let it end' and 'Dancing with danger' are every bit as good. But there's nothing weak on this, and overall, really great disc. Not as good as 'LWS,' but with the help of a few really killer tracks, it's not far off.

Maybe wrong to call it 'hatred' - more like 'strongly dislike'. :)

Seriously, that album just struck me as bland and I didn't really find any good songs on it except maybe 1 or 2. I listened to it again the other week just to see if my original rating was correct, and while it was maybe a tad better than my original rating indicated the new one is still MILES AHEAD in terms songwriting and production qualities. I rated the new one at 94% and it's definitely one of the strongest AOR CD's of the year, if not at least the most consistent.

I am in total agreement with you on the title track - perhaps *the* AOR track of the year and that chorus is just fantastic. It's funny that you mention "Dancing With Danger" and "Don't Let It End" which is two of my other fave tracks. "Midnight Runner" and "Corporation Arms" is also fantastic. But as I said, this is perhaps the most consistent AOR album I've heard all year so really no use picking highlights. I am glad we agree on something for a change, ha ha. :D

Have you checked out W.O.A and Sonic Station yet and if so how do you think they compare to this? IMO two other really strong albums even though there are filler. State Of Salazar is another swedish gem but again in terms of consistency I think MB is the better album overall.