new HAREM SCAREM disc in 2014?

AlphaMale

• My Little Pony

Yep. They mentioned after re-recording Mood Swings they would write new material. Fingers crossed it's in the same vein as that sophomore.

Yep. They mentioned after re-recording Mood Swings they would write new material. Fingers crossed it's in the same vein as that sophomore.

Doesn't matter to me what disc it sounds like. As long as it's Harem Scarem, it will be excellent.

Yeah looks like gonna be great, but truth be told, their last album, 'Hope', was quite far from their peak.

Throw in the mix of the first two albums with 'Overload' and 'Human Nature' to add a fresh modern sound and that will be awesome

The year just keeps getting better.

Like Nightrain said I'm also wishing it's much better than 'Hope', which to me was not a highlight for Harem Scarem.

I don't spin Hope as much as the rest though I do like it, but I certainly don't want another one like the debut which hasn't stood the test of time for me. I love Mood Swings of course, Voice of Reason, Believe, WOTW & Higher the most.

To me the debut is still the best. Although the production is very dated, man I wish they re-recorded that one.

I also love Mood Swings, WOTW and Higher. Those would be my four must haves....although I gladly have them all in my collection.

My least favorites (excluding the Rubber years) would be Voice Of Reason and Hope, darker, moodier and the hooks are not as memorable to me.

To me the debut is still the best. Although the production is very dated, man I wish they re-recorded that one.

I also love Mood Swings, WOTW and Higher. Those would be my four must haves....although I gladly have them all in my collection.

My least favorites (excluding the Rubber years) would be Voice Of Reason and Hope, darker, moodier and the hooks are not as memorable to me.

No Voice of Reason? Blasphemer!!!

Voice of Reason is decent but I can live without that. The 3 bonus tracks on the re-recorded version of 'Mood Swing' are average at best. Half materials like the first two and another half like WoTW / Higher and that'll be massive!

Voice of Reason is decent but I can live without that. The 3 bonus tracks on the re-recorded version of 'Mood Swing' are average at best. Half materials like the first two and another half like WoTW / Higher and that'll be massive!

average?? Those 3 songs are great?? arent they??

No Voice of Reason? Blasphemer!!!

I love Voice Of Reason!!

I thought they were all pretty great. Although I still don't think they sounded like Mood Swings era HS. Still sounded like the HS from WOTW to Hope. But I love the band and all their discs, except maybe the Rubber crap.

Not for me mate, IMHO it's not Harem Scarem's optimal talent poured on those songs

Funnily enough, I was just listening to the bonus tracks from 'Mood Swings' today. I'd have to also say I think they are far from HS at their best. All good tunes, but not quite the standard I expect from HS. And production could have been a lot crisper too.

Delighted there will be a new album. I'm with Dave and think their debut is still their best disc. And get ready to gasp, but I loved Hess' last solo disc and would love to hear a fresh mix of the debut, Hess' last solo disc and 'The Early Years.' Along with 'Mood Swings' I think those would be my top 4 HS associated albums.

I love 'Hope' too, for the record, but I'd kind of like to see the band, for lack of a better term, "go back to basics" a bit. Just simple melodic rock with yeah, I'll say it, just more basic lyrics about sexy ladies and how sad they are that they're not having intercourse with them anymore. Just good, straight ahead melodic rock / AOR. I'd love to hear just one last album from them without the "darker" lyrical subject matters that have dominated their albums since about 1995. Not that I don't generally like that stuff, even prefer it to "love" songs. But for me, that's what I'd like to hear from them this time. :)

• My Little Pony

Funnily enough, I was just listening to the bonus tracks from 'Mood Swings' today. I'd have to also say I think they are far from HS at their best. All good tunes, but not quite the standard I expect from HS. And production could have been a lot crisper too.

Delighted there will be a new album. I'm with Dave and think their debut is still their best disc. And get ready to gasp, but I loved Hess' last solo disc and would love to hear a fresh mix of the debut, Hess' last solo disc and 'The Early Years.' Along with 'Mood Swings' I think those would be my top 4 HS associated albums.

I love 'Hope' too, for the record, but I'd kind of like to see the band, for lack of a better term, "go back to basics" a bit. Just simple melodic rock with yeah, I'll say it, just more basic lyrics about sexy ladies and how sad they are that they're not having intercourse with them anymore. Just good, straight ahead melodic rock / AOR. I'd love to hear just one last album from them without the "darker" lyrical subject matters that have dominated their albums since about 1995. Not that I don't generally like that stuff, even prefer it to "love" songs. But for me, that's what I'd like to hear from them this time. :)

Were there a lot of folks that didn't like that Hess solo effort?

Were there a lot of folks that didn't like that Hess solo effort?

I think First Signal is the best thing HH has done out side HS.

Love everything the band has put out (even the first Rubber disc) but I'm with Dave and Geoff here; nothing tops the debut for me. Would love to hear an album celebrating that era with today's production values.

Yes, the debut needs to be redone, that is my favorite HS album