new HAREM SCAREM disc in 2014?

AlphaMale

• My Little Pony

Funnily enough, I was just listening to the bonus tracks from 'Mood Swings' today. I'd have to also say I think they are far from HS at their best. All good tunes, but not quite the standard I expect from HS. And production could have been a lot crisper too.

Delighted there will be a new album. I'm with Dave and think their debut is still their best disc. And get ready to gasp, but I loved Hess' last solo disc and would love to hear a fresh mix of the debut, Hess' last solo disc and 'The Early Years.' Along with 'Mood Swings' I think those would be my top 4 HS associated albums.

I love 'Hope' too, for the record, but I'd kind of like to see the band, for lack of a better term, "go back to basics" a bit. Just simple melodic rock with yeah, I'll say it, just more basic lyrics about sexy ladies and how sad they are that they're not having intercourse with them anymore. Just good, straight ahead melodic rock / AOR. I'd love to hear just one last album from them without the "darker" lyrical subject matters that have dominated their albums since about 1995. Not that I don't generally like that stuff, even prefer it to "love" songs. But for me, that's what I'd like to hear from them this time. :)

Were there a lot of folks that didn't like that Hess solo effort?

I think First Signal is the best thing HH has done out side HS.

You're probably right.

Funnily enough, I was just listening to the bonus tracks from 'Mood Swings' today. I'd have to also say I think they are far from HS at their best. All good tunes, but not quite the standard I expect from HS. And production could have been a lot crisper too.

Delighted there will be a new album. I'm with Dave and think their debut is still their best disc. And get ready to gasp, but I loved Hess' last solo disc and would love to hear a fresh mix of the debut, Hess' last solo disc and 'The Early Years.' Along with 'Mood Swings' I think those would be my top 4 HS associated albums.

I love 'Hope' too, for the record, but I'd kind of like to see the band, for lack of a better term, "go back to basics" a bit. Just simple melodic rock with yeah, I'll say it, just more basic lyrics about sexy ladies and how sad they are that they're not having intercourse with them anymore. Just good, straight ahead melodic rock / AOR. I'd love to hear just one last album from them without the "darker" lyrical subject matters that have dominated their albums since about 1995. Not that I don't generally like that stuff, even prefer it to "love" songs. But for me, that's what I'd like to hear from them this time. :)

I think First Signal is the best thing HH has done out side HS.

I agree. That First Signal disc was superb.

I wonder why Pete and the gang decided to re-record Mood Swing but not the debut ? anyone got the chance to ask him this ? will be nice if there's a plan for the debut coz production needs a serious upgrade. And i reckon the debut is their best and one of those discs I gave a pure 100% !

• My Little Pony

I wonder why Pete and the gang decided to re-record Mood Swing but not the debut ? anyone got the chance to ask him this ? will be nice if there's a plan for the debut coz production needs a serious upgrade. And i reckon the debut is their best and one of those discs I gave a pure 100% !

As far as Pete goes, it's clearly the most fun he's had on a Harem Scarem disc.

They re recorded MS to get back the song rights.

I agree First Signal is easily the best non HS album. Was my fav in its year of release.

• My Little Pony

They re recorded MS to get back the song rights.

This has already been established. But, why "Mood Swings" and not the debut? Did they always have the rights to the debut? And if so, what did they do to lose the rights to "Mood Swings?"

I read back over that and realised it wasn't perfectly worded. But what I meant, that people might not agree with, is that I want the new disc to sound like a mix of the debut and the last Hess solo disc (and 'The Early Years'). But yeah, the fact that the last Hess solo album was great was not meant as a debatable statement. ;)

I like the First Signal disc, but like I said at the time and still maintain to this day, it ain't Hess and it ain't Harem Scarem related. I think he co-wrote one or two songs at the end, did he? Or none? I forget now. But as good as it was, it was all just stuff that Harry was given to sing. And for me it sounded a bit like that. I much prefer Hess when he's singing his own stuff. If there has ever been anybody that does not need someone to write songs for him, it's Harry Hess. Dudes should be lining up for songs he wrote for them, if anything. Good disc, but I prefer his last solo disc by far.