LoudLion - Die Tough

Stefan

Well their most prominent appearance was in the soundtrack to Balls of fury because of the main characters love of Def Leppard, and Leppard tracks were included in the film (but not on soundtrack), so one would assume he at least has a passing knowledge of them.

Plus, unlike Shite Direction, their album isnt going to sell millions of copies, so I doubt he would care.

If I want to hear Def Leppard (done properly) i'll play 'Pyromania', 'High 'n Dry' or 'Hysteria' etc not this utter drivel. They may have got the 'Demo' Def Leppard sound (vocally anyway) down to a tee, but whilst concentrating on that, they forgot to write any decent songs...'None More Fast' should be renamed 'None So Shite'...a truly truly abysmal 'Song' ....Bin please!!

If I want to hear Def Leppard (done properly) i'll play 'Pyromania', 'High 'n Dry' or 'Hysteria' etc not this utter drivel. They may have got the 'Demo' Def Leppard sound (vocally anyway) down to a tee, but whilst concentrating on that, they forgot to write any decent songs...'None More Fast' should be renamed 'None So Shite'...a truly truly abysmal 'Song' ....Bin please!!

Hmmm...won't you tell us how you REALLY feel Jez? ;)

While I understand DL fans being uneasy about this release, fact is that DL has not put out music like this for many years and while it may not be up to Pyromania standards it is not that bad...it is certainly better than anything DL has put out lately....I for one will most likely pick it up for nostalgia reasons if nothing else...

Big Lepp fan and I love these guys. Have absolutely no problem with another band picking up the slack seeing as Lepp sure as hell isnt Lepp anymore.

I dont hate their modern stuff but I sure dont love it, and these guys are so much better than the last few albums.

Big Lepp fan and I love these guys. Have absolutely no problem with another band picking up the slack seeing as Lepp sure as hell isnt Lepp anymore.

I dont hate their modern stuff but I sure dont love it, and these guys are so much better than the last few albums.

Yes, the sound alike is there, but I'm not loving the songs. Not bad but not a "replacement" for me.

Yes, the sound alike is there, but I'm not loving the songs. Not bad but not a "replacement" for me.

Agreed :)

I have to agree there mate - whereas the L.E.O. project contained great songs the Loud Lion just strikes me as bypassing that. Having said that I may not be in the best position to judge as everything the Lepps did post High n Dry (in fact outside of High n Dry apart from Getcha Rocks off E.P. and the Wasted single) doesn't float my boat much.

CD finally turned up today so finally been able to hear the two songs I havent already owned for years. The first one Sunset slip is on a par with the tracks I know, a fun song that certainly continues that Hysteria era Lepp vibe. None more fast though is totally out of place on the album. The Kim Fowley voice over has more in common with a Meat Loaf style intro than Lepp, and the song itself has nothing to do with the Lepp sound. And would have been ok as a true instrumental without the stupid voice over, even if it is out of place musically with the rest of the album.

I wish they had kept it to the first 8 tracks and had the bands cover of Rock of ages as the final track.

Overall its nice to finally have all the songs that I have had for years (bar Rock of ages) on a single CD, and at least one new song, but its hard to get excited when its mostly old material I have heard numerous times before.

I hadnt heard any of the songs before.....but its still hard to get excited ;-)

The truth brother Glen ;)

I don't hate it, but I'm more with Jez than the rest of y'all on this one, I think.

You can have a Def Leppard sound without plagiarizing exact riffs (BB Steal for instance). For me, Loud Lion is like Steel Panther without the schtick... but I actually like Steel Panther a lot, for what it is (for who they are).

No harm no foul, I guess... I simply won't be buying this one.

• 1 month later...